Moving to Maui

Hank_Hill

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah you could move to Hawaii and fuck hot chicks in paradise but have you every thought about getting married and having a job you hate but can’t quit in a miserable city that is 120 degrees everyday? Didn’t think so. 

Well when you put it that way 

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Allegedly the Banyan tree is toast

Really? We were parked pretty close to the road closure for about 3 hours and could see the fire pretty closely. It looked to me like it was pretty well contained to the south end of town and pushing towards the water. Like maybe around Shaw St and South looking at the map. I hope the rumors are not true.

We are at Wailea. I ain't sleepin tonight that's for sure. Chasing lizards and cockroaches away from the kids. PXL_20230809_094325190_MP.thumb.jpg.da68a5d9c66333d2b10794d62235df54.jpg

I heard Kihei was also evacuated.

Edited by Baboontyme
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Really? We were parked pretty close to the road closure for about 3 hours and could see the fire pretty closely. It looked to me like it was pretty well contained to the south end of town and pushing towards the water. Like maybe around Shaw St and South looking at the map. I hope the rumors are not true.

We are at Wailea. I ain't sleepin tonight that's for sure. Chasing lizards and cockroaches away from the kids. PXL_20230809_094325190_MP.thumb.jpg.da68a5d9c66333d2b10794d62235df54.jpg

I heard Kihei was also evacuated.

That Gucci store has really gone downhill with the homeless camps in front of it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

If Gucci were open that would mean the Pint and Cork I'm staring at would be open and I would be drinking myself to sleep instead of typing on my phone with my arms inside my t shirt. Oh well, no complaints, I didn't lose anything other than a chill night at the resort and the chance to do the R2H before we go home. Obviously I planned it for our last day. 

Yea here’s hoping it isn’t true and someone meant the Banyan Tree art gallery over there. So much loss for a lot of people out here who don’t have much, terrible. Think I’m in the clear. @Baboontymeif y’all need anything lmk, I work very closely with the owner of that urgent care in the Shops at Wailea.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I’ve seen some videos of Front Street, the fire from that area filmed from the water and reports most businesses are gone.  It doesn’t look good at all.   Just terrible, so many people out of work and possibly homes.  

Yea, this one is terrifying 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvt3lMdrAER/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, RPM said:

Hope everyone is ok.

Seen two videos with bodies that I won’t post here and colleagues at the hospital have told me about 3 deaths in the ER so far. With the lack of communication with the west side (cell service completely wiped out) I fear it’s much more than that.

Edited by Hank_Hill

This suuuuuuuuuucks. 

Was just there a few weeks ago.  One of the canoe clubs just north of Lahaina was hosting races one day and I walked down to watch.  Ended up meeting a bunch of locals from around Lahaina and chatting for an hour or so while watching the races.  Really cool, friendly guys... thinking about them today.

28 minutes ago, texasfight2025 said:

I got married in Lahaina last year - this is heartbreaking.  If you hear of any good relief efforts, DM me please - happy to contribute however I can.

40036367-BCE0-4883-91D8-DAC0B0D295E3.thumb.jpeg.cded86d4341b304bab7b7ce40703c623.jpeg

yeppppp that’d be the Banyan behind that white house. 

Edited by Hank_Hill

Devastating.  Been going to Kaanapali with my family every year for 20 years. Absolutely horrific for local homeowners and business, heartbreaking.   

I pulled this off a timeshare website, on the ground footage that is truly apocalyptic.  Banyan Tree trunks appear okay.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/stolenstuffhawaii/permalink/3538316846430969/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Not sure why it won't embed, link seems to work.

Edited by Mach 1