Under the Banner of Heaven - Hulu

Bama Chick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Really good book.

I just watched the first episode, pretty good so far.  That big family bbq scene was weird as fuck...the dad and all the brothers gawking at the new girlfriend, the oversharing by the Scottish wife, and that creepy Culkin being there also.

The way they're using the husband to relate historical info about the LDS church is a bit stilted. You're in a police station in the interrogation room with blood on your clothes and the cops obviously suspect you of killing your wife and kid and all you want to talk about is church history?

Also, I saw the Rockies in the background of what was supposed to be Ohio. Maybe the plains are significantly flatter than I thought? Anyway, I hate geography fails in movies and TV. It's like every 1950's western where Texas has both Saguaro cacti and Monument Valley.

Still, some good scenes and I'll keep watching.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, WBT said:

Really good book.

I just watched the first episode, pretty good so far.  That big family bbq scene was weird as fuck...the dad and all the brothers gawking at the new girlfriend, the oversharing by the Scottish wife, and that creepy Culkin being there also.

The book is excellent. I plan on starting the series this week. 

On 2/26/2022 at 11:42 PM, ztejas said:

Is it just me or did Garfield become an A-lister like overnight? 

not just you.  garfield and adam driver are both on my list of “why is this guy in every movie now, did Hollywood run out of actors or something” list

I’m not sure what you guys are on about with Garfield - he hasn’t been on tv (not counting ru paul/snl) in a decade and his filmography looks like this -

DF658571-C27C-434A-B12D-89FFD7713789.thumb.jpeg.8fa5e3f521bde1e42acd82590662359c.jpeg

Tick Tick Boom is supposed to be good but it’s a Netflix movie about a musical. Spider Man is Spider Man but (and I haven’t seen it) that was more like a cameo, right? Doing a limited dramatic TV series based on a Krakauer book seems about right.

I’m not sure what you guys are on about with Garfield - he hasn’t been on tv (not counting ru paul/snl) in a decade and his filmography looks like this -
DF658571-C27C-434A-B12D-89FFD7713789.thumb.jpeg.8fa5e3f521bde1e42acd82590662359c.jpeg

Tick Tick Boom is supposed to be good but it’s a Netflix movie about a musical. Spider Man is Spider Man but (and I haven’t seen it) that was more like a cameo, right? Doing a limited dramatic TV series based on a Krakauer book seems about right.

Garfield has been killing it. Tick Tick Boom is about the Rent guy Jonathan Larson and it’s way better than I expected. He was great in the Tammy Faye thing as well. Agree that he’s not prolific, but I like what he’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 5/1/2022 at 8:18 PM, Reese Bennett said:

The way they're using the husband to relate historical info about the LDS church is a bit stilted. You're in a police station in the interrogation room with blood on your clothes and the cops obviously suspect you of killing your wife and kid and all you want to talk about is church history?

Also, I saw the Rockies in the background of what was supposed to be Ohio. Maybe the plains are significantly flatter than I thought? Anyway, I hate geography fails in movies and TV. It's like every 1950's western where Texas has both Saguaro cacti and Monument Valley.

Still, some good scenes and I'll keep watching.

always a ranch in Monument valley.  A ranch without animals or water. 

• 2 weeks later...