MLS 2022

Captain Ron

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

…I am pleased with the Arriola signing. I didn’t anticipate that I would be. 

I am even more pleased with Arriola than I was 12 minutes ago. 

His chemistry with Jesús will carry over nicely to the USMNT matches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

LA Galaxy bossing LAFC in El Trafico, 2-0 in 75’.

But the real story is FC Dallas’ Brandon Servania’ swerving knuckle strike from distance in the 46’ that started player left and had the key move that way before realizing that it was actually going player right… but it was too late. 

That Servania strike left Dallas with:

1 Shot On Goal from…

1 Shot.

👀

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

FC Fucking Dallas !!

Despite the Houston Dynamo clog stoppers trying to waste time since at least the 68’ when I turned on the game…

FC Fuckin’ Dallas continued to push forward and tied the game at 1-1 in the 87’ and then took the lead 2-1 in the 90+3’ with 3 minutes of stoppage time remaining. 

Fuck the Houston Humedad and VAMOS FC FRISCO!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Shaqiri looking absolutely awful for the Chicago Fire in the first half against Minnesota. It may be his first game in MLS, don’t know, but he looks like he’s been retired for a few years. 

…and GK Slovina (sp?) wasn’t beaten by a chip, but the guy was offsides. He was also beaten on a set piece shot that hit the crossbar just beyond his fingertips. He doesn’t appear to have quick twitch in his legs that you would want from a keeper, but his defense is pretty stout in front of him. 

Edited by Napoleon

Holy shit!  I didn't know Shaqiri was in the MLS.

Finally got around to watching the 1st leg of the CONCACAF Champions League between Seattle and Pumas.  Wow.  Seattle was down 2-0 in the 74th, then got TWO VAR PKs to tie it.  Surprised the ref got out alive.  Wednesday night is going to be fun to watch.

LA Galaxy scores in the 91’ or 92’…

It may have been trapped using a little bit of the bicep when chesting the ball. The ref just overturned it using VAR after nearly 2 minutes of LA Galaxy celebrations. 

The announcer was screaming “gooool” and thr. “Golazo”, even though it was a mishit off the shin/ankle that sent the ball to the left side of the goal even though the foot was trying to send the ball to the center-right of the goal. 

The bar for achieving “Golazo” status has definitely dropped over the years. 

Real Salt Lake wins 1-0 in Utah. 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

GAME ON!!

Seattle Sounders vs Pumas UNAM

FS1 it’s on!

Got home from school and just finished the Real v MC game.  CONCACAF up next with my original MLS fav, Seattle.  (I was living in TN when FC Dallas arrived.)  Now that I'm back (5 years), I waiver between FC Dallas and Austin FC, FWIW.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Re: Stefan Frei

I thought he was Canadian until like a month ago.

I was reminded of his status by The Soccer O.G., Max Bretos (YouTube + a weekly podcast where all podcasts can be found).

He played for the Swiss U-15 team or something, but hasn’t been cap-locked at the full national team level.

• Like 1

i hate Seattle.  but congrats.  they absolutely deserve to be the first MLS club to win this and to represent the league at the Club World Cup.

Waiting to see my FC Dallas friends congratulate them (still waiting), but yeah this ownership and fan base has pretty much been the best since day 1.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn’t know that a worthless congratulations to a Seattle team on a University of Texas at Austin fansite was required after a win in Seattle. 

I find written congratulations to a team on a site that a team will never see to be a little odd/sign of delusional level of self-importance. It is not unlike a random person posting “They have to prove [X] to me before [Y].” (Ummm… who are you again?)

I pulled for Seattle. I pulled for Stefan Frei, who I would like to get a real shot at being the USMNT’s #1. And it was a fun match to cap the day, despite being played on turf. 

Go Dallas Burn!

224270A2-E99E-44D7-8A63-BAC524920BE9.png.dc4ee636c4231e970c35f12b73bf9447.png

I've been to Seattle once, was there for like two days, and the Galaxy happened to be in town while I was there and I went to the game. Donovan and Beckham also happened to play that day. 

I don't think I'll ever luck into a sporting event like that again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, I'll just say that match was one of the most fun events I've been to in a long time. Now I want to go to Dubai to watch us get our shit pushed in by Liverpool or RM or Palmeiras or Boca or, well, everyone. But don't care.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Jesus does it again. 

Jesús & Nipple!!

God* is good!

The stars & leaders of the USMNT!

F74B1384-5E3F-40F9-95E0-F869D88879CF.thumb.png.50b4e44a49e1591d9e0809eeed789a2d.png

B7EAC2D8-2028-4098-AEE0-C2B91A908DDD.thumb.jpeg.32a62d792972cee0e6d1e5d4d2738e49.jpeg

*I’m not a believer, but I enjoy using religion to piss off the Arriola H8RZ**.

**I enjoy using regarded kidspeak to piss off the olds. 

• Hook 'Em 1