90s to 10's country music star

closetohumping

26 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Those Collin Raye songs couldn't be further from what the OP was asking. Man, I hate those songs.

I know.  That's why I said I don't think you'd want to play those in a country bar as it wouldn't be appropriate.  

Also, I think you might be the first person I've ever heard say that he hates those songs.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

I'm sure I'll be criticized because "too bluegrass, not country enough" or some shit, but Alison Krauss didn't crack the Top 40 country charts with any act until 1995, and I'm sure someone will say she doesn't have enough wall bling to qualify as a "star", but fuck it, she's a superstar and anyone who would argue otherwise is a fucking idiot.

Alison Krauss - IMDb

For that matter, Lucinda Williams was crushing it in from mid-95 to 2014, so she counts, too.  Anyone who would get pissed at Alison or Lucinda on the jukebox needs to have their Tim McGraw underwear pulled up over their ears.

Lucinda Williams - Wikipedia

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluto said:

Wu’s ode to Collin raye and dropping a “Straight” is just a beautiful mess that loosely ties into this slam dunk applicant 

Ha. Strait. I mean straight.  

Love that Diamond Rio song. Also "You're Gone" is pretty fucking powerful and can be a tear jerker in the right mood.   

Diamond rio is a poor man’s restless heart

Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

I like Restless Heart but you are way off base here, man.

Also, do not care for Colin Raye. Not one bit.

Steve Wariner … he sort of straddles this 90s timeframe but he kicks ass.
  • Hook 'Em 1

How bad a "singer" does one have to be to have a bajillion record sales yet be known as a better actor than singer?  I can't even wrap my head around that.  Faith Hill is 10X the singer that Timmy 6-Pack is.

All I know about Tim McGraw is I went to one of his shows a few years back in the spring training baseball stadium in Scottsdale. I have never seen so many hot females in one place ever. Was completely insane.

/csb fwiw
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

All I know about Tim McGraw is I went to one of his shows a few years back in the spring training baseball stadium in Scottsdale. I have never seen so many hot females in one place ever. Was completely insane.

Yeah, I've heard the same.  All I know is, if I have to listen to a bald dude hiding his hair loss under a cowboy hat in order to meet legions of hot women, I'm going Dwight Yoakam.  Plus, Dwight's actually good.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I've heard the same.  All I know is, if I have to listen to a bald dude hiding his hair loss under a cowboy hat in order to meet legions of hot women, I'm going Dwight Yoakam.  Plus, Dwight's actually good.

22 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

/csb fwiw

Pretty sure all these dudes draw hot chicks even if they're ugly.  Dwight is good.  Not a big fan of Tim's, although he's won.  He's gone from Tim sucks to Tim fucks.......Faith Hill.  He got me.

What makes you think you are going to get to meet them just by listening to TM?

12 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I really like his version of the “Life’s Little Ups and Downs” song, or however it’s titled. 

I did not remember that one, so I looked it up.  Good slow dance song.  Or perhaps a good drinking song.  Probably depends on your mood.

Would throwing some Aaron Tippin on the jukebox get one's ass kicked?  I always like this song of his.

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

How bad a "singer" does one have to be to have a bajillion record sales yet be known as a better actor than singer?  I can't even wrap my head around that.  Faith Hill is 10X the singer that Timmy 6-Pack is.

I heard Tim McGraw in person once at a Walmart meeting, which is a place you can't really hide your voice.  He was so bad that I came away impressed at the career he had.  How anyone can cobble that career together with that average of a voice is remarkable.  He chose great songs and married well.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I heard Tim McGraw in person once at a Walmart meeting, which is a place you can't really hide your voice.  He was so bad that I came away impressed at the career he had.  How anyone can cobble that career together with that average of a voice is remarkable.  He chose great songs and married well.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best explanation.  He either has pictures of someone or slept his way to the top.  Or his dad Tug hooked him up.

12 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

More like your girlfriends face. She’s from the isle of lesbos if you were not aware. Or so my lesbian sister in law tells me. 

Still would.  Repeatedly.  Well, at least like 25 years ago.  Who knows about now - she may have moved to her feathered hair driving a Subaru phase of life.

The answer is most people don’t really care. And if they did they don’t really know the difference.

Just be hot and be a star.