What do you know about Wendy's

ass

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

While he's been indoctrinated to say "deez nuts" at every opportunity since birth, I can assure you that this isn't his handiwork. 

handiworkin on jaggin off deez nuts

• Like 1

I've been seeing a number of these Wendy's "shipping container kitchens" all over town lately.  Some are just for delivery drivers to pickup and bring to your office/home.  Others, you can walk up to.  I guess it makes sense.  Why pay for a full acre and 3,000 square feet when you can just sling burgers, fries, and frosties in a portable kitchen for pennies on the dollar?  Kind of an interesting business model.  Franchise owners probably don't like it but none that I've seen are anywhere near an existing brick 'n mortar.

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I've been seeing a number of these Wendy's "shipping container kitchens" all over town lately.  Some are just for delivery drivers to pickup and bring to your office/home.  Others, you can walk up to.  I guess it makes sense.  Why pay for a full acre and 3,000 square feet when you can just sling burgers, fries, and frosties in a portable kitchen for pennies on the dollar?  Kind of an interesting business model.  Franchise owners probably don't like it but none that I've seen are anywhere near an existing brick 'n mortar.

Saw one of these parked in the parking lot of the closed Burger King on the corner of Jefferson and 35th in Austin the other day. Thought it was slightly humorous.

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Saw one of these parked in the parking lot of the closed Burger King on the corner of Jefferson and 35th in Austin the other day. Thought it was slightly humorous.

Yeah, thought that was a curious placement.  Deez Nuts on the front of your King.  

mayor McCheese could not be reached for comment.  i think these kinds of things may be the wave of the future.  Nobody wanted to go sit inside at most burger/chicken joints anyway.  Another real estate disruption.  

Edited by Lobo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Didn't see this posted anywhere and this looked like the best existing thread based on search.

Wendy's will soon begin testing surge pricing

The price of a Wendy’s Frosty could soon fluctuate throughout the day as the chain looks to introduce Uber-like surge pricing on its menu.

The practice, known as “dynamic pricing,” will begin testing in 2025, Wendy’s recently revealed in an earnings call. It’s part of a $20 million investment in new digital menu boards at its US restaurants that enable them to change prices depending on demand.

Few details were released about the change, but Wendy’s CEO Kirk Tanner said the new menus will let the fast food chain test “more enhanced features like dynamic pricing and day-part offerings along with AI-enabled menu changes and suggestive selling.”

“We expect our digital menu boards will drive immediate benefits to order accuracy, improve crew experience and sales growth from upselling and consistent merchandising execution,” Tanner said on the call.

The menus were first shown in a mockup of a redesigned Wendy’s unveiled in 2022 that featured new pick-up windows, a more technologically advanced kitchen and a spruced-up interior. The new menus have already rolled out at some drive-thrus, with some TikTok users showing them powered by an automated voice, instead of a human worker, with suggestions for add-ons featured onscreen.

Surge pricing is common with sports and concert tickets and for ride-hailing apps, with services like Ticketmaster and Uber using sophisticated dynamic pricing algorithms that change minute by minute, based on demand. However, there hasn’t been widespread adoption from restaurants because of the labor it takes employees to change menus.

But apps and digital menus can easily update prices on the fly, giving fast food chains an easier to way to implement dynamic pricing. Wendy’s expects digital order sales to reach $2 billion this year and is spending $15 million to upgrade its app.

McDonald’s has also dabbled with dynamic pricing and new order-suggestion capabilities at some of its upgraded drive-thrus and on its app. However, the varied and inconsistent prices at its franchises have ignited outrage recently for affecting the affordability of its food.

Surge pricing could be a “turning point” in the industry, according to Jonathan Maze, editor-in-chief of trade publication Restaurant Business. “If Wendy’s idea works, it could get others to do something similar, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see another chain or two test the idea themselves, given what Wendy’s is doing.”

Maze adds that there’s risk, especially in light of the fluctuating prices of fast food. “The idea that a restaurant chain would potentially raise prices during busy times of day, even if consumers think they’re raising prices, then it could lead to a backlash,” he told CNN. “They’ll have to tread carefully. This is why we haven’t seen a lot of it.”

52 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere and this looked like the best existing thread based on search.

Can’t surge price someone who never eats there. They were good for a brief window in the 80s but the last time I ate there (at least 15 years ago), the food was the same garbage as any other fast food place. 

Kind of like Whataburger hasn’t been good for quite some time, even before they buyout. The mass franchising meant they had to go to mass produced, frozen products and the food is just meh. 

On 3/7/2022 at 7:28 PM, Sam Lin said:

I'd take most burgers (pretty much anything other than In N Out) over Five Guys. Just not a fan of the heavy sauce, "wet" style of burger at Five Guys. But, I love the cajun fries at Five Guys.

You can order an In-n-Out burger without the spread.

I thought I’d miss it, but the burger tastes better without the heavy spread.

In terms of other fast food burgers, Carl’s Junior Superstar is pretty damn good. They charbroil their meat, and the lettuce, tomatoes and onions are really fresh.

If you guys come out west, we have smaller chain called The Habit which a damn fine burger. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, ScottS said:

Clickbait by media making more shit up. 

"To clarify, Wendy’s will not implement surge pricing, which is the practice of raising prices when demand is highest. We didn’t use that phrase, nor do we plan to implement that practice," a spokesperson said in an email to NBC News. They added there are "no plans" to raise prices at high-demand times.

"We said these (digital) menu boards would give us more flexibility to change the display of featured items. This was misconstrued in some media reports as an intent to raise prices when demand is highest at our restaurants. We have no plans to do that and would not raise prices when our customers are visiting us most," the Feb. 26 statement reads. "Any features we may test in the future would be designed to benefit our customers and restaurant crew members. Digital menu boards could allow us to change the menu offerings at different times of day and offer discounts and value offers to our customers more easily, particularly in the slower times of day."

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 7:15 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Clickbait by media making more shit up. 

"To clarify, Wendy’s will not implement surge pricing, which is the practice of raising prices when demand is highest. We didn’t use that phrase, nor do we plan to implement that practice," a spokesperson said in an email to NBC News. They added there are "no plans" to raise prices at high-demand times.

"We said these (digital) menu boards would give us more flexibility to change the display of featured items. This was misconstrued in some media reports as an intent to raise prices when demand is highest at our restaurants. We have no plans to do that and would not raise prices when our customers are visiting us most," the Feb. 26 statement reads. "Any features we may test in the future would be designed to benefit our customers and restaurant crew members. Digital menu boards could allow us to change the menu offerings at different times of day and offer discounts and value offers to our customers more easily, particularly in the slower times of day."

Office Space Idea GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...