More NIMBY bullshit from Ann Kitchen

DalTxHornFan

Ann Kitchen:  "During a housing crisis, instead of building density with a number of affordable units...what Austin really needs is several large, abandoned big box stores with a loading dock overlooking an environmentally sensitive watershed.  Only way I'll approve this if it involves a 4-star hotel we can buy for the homeless.  I am practical."  

Fun fact-the lead developer on this project is the cousin of Gustavo Fring.

Edited by Lobo

Not only that, nobody even bothered to run against her in the next cycle despite her probably being the most vulnerable incumbent on the dais.  

No CR, but the people on this board that voted for her and Casar are just as stupid as the people they vilify for how they voted in 2016/2020.  Worse, maybe.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Not only that, nobody even bothered to run against her in the next cycle despite her probably being the most vulnerable incumbent on the dais.  

No CR, but the people on this board that voted for her and Casar are just as stupid as the people they vilify for how they voted in 2016/2020.  Worse, maybe.

She's no mackenkie kelly, thats for sure!

Say what you want about Fitlump, she hasn't embarrassed herself (in an elected official capacity), hasn't grifted to the extent that Casar has, and hasn't proven to be an incompetent cunt like Ann Kitchen.  I don't know her like y'all do, but she is by far from the worst member of Council.  Kitchen, Casar, and Pool are by far the biggest shitbags up on that dais.  

Yeah, I know Kelly's history. But it seems to me that she done a pretty decent job.

As a person living in Pool's district... shudder. If I get one more newsletter sent at 7 p.m. on a Friday night that covers all sort of minutiae but leaves out the major issues she doesn't want to talk about, I'm going to scream.

Seriously, the last newsletter included this news story:

Austin-Egypt Fashion Exchange Program Opens Pop-Up Store in Downtown Austin

Meanwhile, nothing about homelessness, crime, etc. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Say what you want about Fitlump, she hasn't embarrassed herself (in an elected official capacity), hasn't grifted to the extent that Casar has, and hasn't proven to be an incompetent cunt like Ann Kitchen.  I don't know her like y'all do, but she is by far from the worst member of Council.  Kitchen, Casar, and Pool are by far the biggest shitbags up on that dais.  

I honestly dont pay that much attention to any of them, but what I have observed of the lump, she does seem to put more effort into the role than most of them. my biggest "issue" with her is that she is dumb as fuck, and in my ideal world, such people wouldnt be allowed to determine public policy. But then I look at Congress and realize it doesnt get any better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fair point.  I agree.  But we're beyond that point in America now.  Fitlump, for all her flaws and idiocy, is literally.  And I mean that in the literal sense of the word.  Probably in the top half of elected officials in terms of intelligence in this country right now.  She might show up a dive bar, give a speech, and show her tits.  But she would not show up to give a speech at a White Nationalist rally where the guy bringing her up on stage says he likes Hitler before introducing her.  She's grown into some self-awareness.  That's a good thing.  We were all young and stupid once.  At least she's trying.

All that to say-Fuck Kitchen and Casar.  They are pure fucking cuntfucks.

Greg Gregorio Greg Casar was behind wide-open public camping... and he is about to ride that into being a member of the House. I cannot believe it.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

What's hilarious is if you turn north from any unobstructed view in Barton Hills, you have that same proposed view X 20. All you see is fucking office buildings.  Some of the newer construction there has a 3rd floor deck specifically so you can have a view of downtown office buildings.

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

It would be a massive upgrade for that shitpile shopping center but I am curious what the plan is for traffic. That stretch of 360 northbound coming off 290 into the light at Mopac seems like the biggest traffic problem in the city already.

Yeah, it's a crummy one. Should I be pissed at the people waiting until the last minute to get over to go north on MoPac? I think technically that's the most efficient way, but it feels like a lot of people cutting the line.

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

It would be a massive upgrade for that shitpile shopping center but I am curious what the plan is for traffic. That stretch of 360 northbound coming off 290 into the light at Mopac seems like the biggest traffic problem in the city already.

The fact that they built a flyover pedestrian bridge there instead of a flyover connection to Mopac tells you all you need to know about the people making decisions in this town.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah, it's a crummy one. Should I be pissed at the people waiting until the last minute to get over to go north on MoPac? I think technically that's the most efficient way, but it feels like a lot of people cutting the line.

Those assholes are begging to get shot.

48 minutes ago, drewlaws said:

The fact that they built a flyover pedestrian bridge there instead of a flyover connection to Mopac tells you all you need to know about the people making decisions in this town.

Gottdam right! Pure mindlessness is the standard with the city “leadership”.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Those assholes are begging to get shot.

That's kind how I feel. I get over early as a can and ride the bumper of the guy in front. I try to drive friendly in general, but it annoys me to no end to see a car fly by and then jump over at the last minute.