Big 12 Tournament

Pancho

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Lol. I mean, you can't ask the question and then take away the obvious answer. 

They'll be capable of mustering hate for whoever KSU hires. Same with Mizzou, frankly. Bruce Weber had a bit of a head start by being a bitch at Illinois after replacing Bill Self following his departure to KU. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/columns/story?id=1687238

LOL..I had no idea.  Now it makes more sense.

Will be interested to see how Drew plays the game tonight. Cryer is shown as GTD but I can't see him playing and Baylor is essentially 6 deep. 

Best thing for Baylor would be just to tank, get on a plane late tonight and rest for a week. Getting deep into this conference thing with no bench and being worn out when it's over makes little sense.

Now watch them come out and win the thing. 

10 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

The funny thing is that it was a legitimate bad no call that started it. Taz Sherman was fouled but didn’t get the call. He said something to the ref and got a technical. Then Huggins wades in with two quick techs and an ejection. I don’t know what he said for the quick hook on that second tech, but my guess is he wasn’t asking the ref to dinner. 

Edit - also notice the goatee and the swept back hair. He said he was changing his look to possibly give him better mojo. 

Edited by SL Xpress

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

The funny thing is that it was a legitimate bad no call that started it. Taz Sherman was fouled but didn’t get the call. He said something to the ref and got a technical. Then Huggins wades in with two quick techs and an ejection. I don’t know what he said for the quick hook on that second tech, but my guess is he wasn’t asking the ref to dinner. 

Yeah, it's really rare to see a hook like that, so quick. 

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Will be interested to see how Drew plays the game tonight. Cryer is shown as GTD but I can't see him playing and Baylor is essentially 6 deep. 

Best thing for Baylor would be just to tank, get on a plane late tonight and rest for a week. Getting deep into this conference thing with no bench and being worn out when it's over makes little sense.

And they did tank. Smart move by Drew.

Nothing to gain with an extended stay In KC and everything to lose given the current makeup of their team.

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Now watch them come out and win the thing. 

giphy.gif

Maybe B12 gets 7 teams into the NCAA Tournament ???

15 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

And they did tank. Smart move by Drew.

Nothing to gain with an extended stay In KC and everything to lose given the current makeup of their team.

Yep.  Still a great win and nobody at OU is gonna apologize.  As someone who pays very little attention to college basketball until March this is pretty fucking sweet.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

We've been good at blowing leads lately, but on the other hand it looks like we're about as close to fully healthy as we've been all season, so who knows.

Shannon looks a little gimpy at times tonight since that collision early in the game. 

Christ, Iowa state looks terrible.  They had the home arena and everything and are still losing by 30

Tech looks good, but the question is is tech this good or is isu this bad. 

God’s gift vs tech in the final. I don’t think that’s enough to get tech to ft worth or the Souf regional (SA) as they will have beaten just a 6 and 7 seed to get to the finals.  That’s not impressive. 

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

Christ, Iowa state looks terrible.  They had the home arena and everything and are still losing by 30

Tech looks good, but the question is is tech this good or is isu this bad. 

God’s gift vs tech in the final. I don’t think that’s enough to get tech to ft worth or the Souf regional (SA) as they will have beaten just a 6 and 7 seed to get to the finals.  That’s not impressive. 

We're worse in front of a home crowd.  I don't get it.

11 hours ago, Newdoc said:

You know there’s a beat down when the commentators talk about everything but the game.

Did Fraschilla do the game last night? If so, this would be a good thing. Because this season when he's talked about the game he's made very little sense. 

6 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Did Fraschilla do the game last night? If so, this would be a good thing. Because this season when he's talked about the game he's made very little sense. 

Fraschilla did the Baylor/OU game. Don’t know what else he covered. It was his usual fellating of Drew. You’d think his son played in Waco instead of Norman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Fraschilla did the Baylor/OU game. Don’t know what else he covered. It was his usual fellating of Drew. You’d think his son played in Waco instead of Norman. 

Drew's a great coach, the best in the league. He did outstanding work this season with the players he lost and the injuries / outs he had. Fraschilla's gone south. But don't trust him. Trust the coaches in the league. They voted Drew the best this season.

It's fun and feels good to shit on Drew because he's from Baylor. I get it, and guess that's in line with Baylor  laying waste to us / Texas in the sports that matter of late.  I hate that fact. You hate it. We all hate it. But I can still appreciate someone who is really good at his craft, and Drew trumps everyone else in our league.  

We (me too) used to mock Drew in the Barnes era. Now, we should just have tons of respect for Drew.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

I mean, fuck Baylor, but I'll just say it: I don't understand why people hate Scott Drew beyond him coaching at Baylor. Fran fellates every coach he thinks is good, it's not like he's making a special case out of Drew. Plus, the guy literally won a national championship last year.

I know Barnes supposedly didn't like him.  There are some posters here that know the back story about Drew, but I don't know specifics.  I was under the impression that he pissed off a bunch of the Big 12 coaches during the Barnes era when he was building their program.  He always, and I mean always has a couple of enforcer types on his team that seem to get away with murder during games, but don't foul out very often.

He can coach and assemble a team, I'll give him that.

47 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Drew's a great coach, the best in the league. He did outstanding work this season with the players he lost and the injuries / outs he had. Fraschilla's gone south. But don't trust him. Trust the coaches in the league. They voted Drew the best this season.

It's fun and feels good to shit on Drew because he's from Baylor. I get it, and guess that's in line with Baylor  laying waste to us / Texas in the sports that matter of late.  I hate that fact. You hate it. We all hate it. But I can still appreciate someone who is really good at his craft, and Drew trumps everyone else in our league.  

We (me too) used to mock Drew in the Barnes era. Now, we should just have tons of respect for Drew.

You think I shit on Drew because he’s at Baylor? I guess other people might, but that doesn’t have anything to do with my opinion of him. He’s a hypocritical sleaze bag. He’s a huge whiner. He’s a self aggrandizing morally bankrupt con man. 

He’s a better coach than he used to be. He’s not a better person. Have all the respect you want for the guy. I can’t stand him, I don’t care how much success he has. 

I also don’t care about Baylor doing well against Texas. Texas needs to get their shit together in football. I feel like they have in men’s and women’s basketball. Mulkey is gone (although we’ll be reunited with her soon, and don’t look now, but she’s already showing she’s a fucking wizard as a coach). We’ll see how good they are without her in the years to come. Aranda looks like a great hire. No beef with him, other than I wish he was the Texas coach instead. 

I will say I hold Baylor as an institution responsible for what happened in football. And I hold the significant majority of fans responsible for the reaction afterwards. Which has been piss poor. I still hate we gave Casey Dick a job here. Thanks for all the memories, Tom. 

But how well other teams do against Texas generally has way more to do with us poorly managing things than it does with them having some kind of voodoo spell over us. 

I also continue to feel like Bill Self is the best coach in the league, not Scott Drew. That said, Scott Drew is a clear #2. He’s still a shit bag, and I look forward to him losing. I’ll feel the same wherever he ends up coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Bryson Williams was limping going into the tunnel...stepped on a referee's foot. Hopefully not serious.

Santos-Silva hurt his hand/wrist early in the game and Shannon didn’t look to comfortable after drawing a charge.

Looks like it’s time to put this one on the shoulders of the bench.