Big 12 Tournament

Pancho

It felt like Tech scored 4 points the entire 2nd half.

Frustrating...

Officiating was shitty down the stretch, but didn't feel like it favored anyone.  It just sucked.  Hated the late call on Nadolny, but they missed an obvious hack on HIll's arm as he drove the basket just previously.

Sometimes I wonder just what the fuck the officials are watching.

6 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Officiating was dogshit on both ends for the whole second half. Was really weird.

Why that sounds positively normal for the Big 12. Best basketball with the worst officiating 

There are times when it feels like the officials are trying manage the score of the game more than they control the physicality/ actual infractions on the court.

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

There are times when it feels like the officials are trying manage the score of the game more than they control the physicality/ actual infractions on the court.

A few teams in the tournament might end up shocked when there is real officiating 

There were several calls (non calls) in that tec/ou gane that were baffling. All 3 of those refs also ref in one or more the 10, pac, acc, and sec. 

reffing in the tournament is better because of how the selection process is for moving on to the next game. It’s one of the reasons reffing is inconsistent.

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think this is true—tech will have officials who have reffed tech all year in the 12 and let that shit go because “cool crowd at the tech arena!” and will call each and every foul on them in the tournament that they let go in the regular season because they want to advance. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

Bilas has been setting this up every time he calls a Big 12 game.  get ready to grab your anus.

If they want to call the touch foul bullshit, then Williams and Shannon will live at the line.

Tech can play that way too. 

Additionally, Tech's defense is about footwork and universal switching, not gorilla ball.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

If they want to call the touch foul bullshit, then Williams and Shannon will live at the line.

Tech can play that way too. 

Additionally, Tech's defense is about footwork and universal switching, not gorilla ball.

so is everyone's defense according to their fanbase and coaches. 

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so is everyone's defense according to their fanbase and coaches. 

So Tech's defensive  results are all because of Big XII refs and United Spirit Arena channeling its inner Phog?

SMDH.

Tech's results and National/ mixed crews holding them more accountable:

Tech 68, @ Providence 72 ( fouls called 29-22, called by national crew but was a buttfucking of the highest order.  Bryson fucking Williams fouled out and TJ and CS-S had 4 apiece

Tech 57, Tennessee 52( @MSG) fouls 12-22, SEC, Mixed crew

Tech 55, Gonzaga 69( @ Phoenix) fouls 11-14, Mixed crew

Tech 76, Miss State 50, fouls 10-18, SEC crew

Big XII Officials favoring the Red Raiders in big games:

Tech 75, Kansas 67; fouls 17-22

Tech 65, @Baylor 62; fouls 13-12

Tech 91,@ Kansas 94(2OT;) fouls 24-19

Tech 77, Texas 64; fouls 20-25

Tech 83, Baylor 73; fouls 15-21

Tech 61, @ Texas 55; fouls 21-22

I think the overall  notion is bullshit.   Defense travels.  The risk for Tech is 9 minute scoring droughts.  If they call ticky-tack bullshit; Tech has folks who work the paint too.

Good fucking god, tech fans cannot take any ounce of potential criticism.  Go whine on Raider Rash power or whatever. 

Texas Tech actually invented basketball and Mark Adams invented defense 

Edited by Js1

I'm not sure I understand this narrative. If anything, officials tend to let more shit go in the tourney than anywhere else. By this logic, the natty with Tech vs. Virginia should have had 50 foul calls in it because both teams play aggressive defense and "tourney refs don't let that shit go".

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm not sure I understand this narrative. If anything, officials tend to let more shit go in the tourney than anywhere else. By this logic, the natty with Tech vs. Virginia should have had 50 foul calls in it because both teams play aggressive defense and "tourney refs don't let that shit go".

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

maybe. we'll see.  Jay Bilas will have disappoint though.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Good fucking god, tech fans cannot take any ounce of potential criticism.  Go whine on Raider Rash power or whatever. 

Texas Tech actually invented basketball and Mark Adams invented defense 

It isn't about criticism on this board.  It's about the national fucks  spouting off nonsense.

Tech will be fine on defense.  The bench goes legit 10 deep.  Call fouls both ways, and let's go that way too, Mr Bilas.

I don't care for the Phog Magic crap and the program in general, but some of these Kansas players I can't help but admire.

They don't really have any shibird hothead players to hate on. Agbaji is badass.  Wilson makes plays. McCormick is gritty AF.

Self isn't a fucking apostle.

Edited by slorch