Big 12 Tournament

Pancho

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

They're more aggressive to the hole. 

Don't turn this into a Texas game thread.

Yeah for sure I more mean that they're gonna get the calls plus we're tired so are hacking instead of trying to get good position.

The FT discrepancy is 100% on us for not being aggressive to the basket.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Don’t see that very often 

Not making shots at all.

Defense is lethargic.

The "step-in" was just the icing on the cake of craptastic effort by Obanor today.

Great dude.  Bad game today.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Hats off to KU, they earned it.

That being said, fuck KU.

Both teams benefitted from upsets in their semifinals but Tech looks a little hungover from a very tough game with OU. KU sorta breezed past TCU

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

I want to say that this will make Tech hungrier, but the last few games of this season hasn't shown that.

It's still just the Conference Tourney.

The effort was there.  KU wasn't losing today.

Tech will be fine.  I hope we get a decent destination.  Ain't nobody pumped about seeing the Red Raiders on their side of the bracket tomorrow afternoon.

21 minutes ago, slorch said:

It's still just the Conference Tourney.

The effort was there.  KU wasn't losing today.

Tech will be fine.  I hope we get a decent destination.  Ain't nobody pumped about seeing the Red Raiders on their side of the bracket tomorrow afternoon.

Do any Tech fans want to talk about their expectations for the tournament? I love the makeup of this team and feel like it’s a dangerous matchup for anyone else regardless of seed, but there are obvious issues with consistent scoring. For me I’d guess a #3 seed with Elite Eight/Final Four possibilities. Given the off-season a Sweet 16 would be plenty of reason for celebration. 

I think I’d be disappointed with a first or second round loss, just because the team is so good, which is the biggest difference for me between Tech and Texas, where a second round loss honestly wouldn’t bother me a whole lot. 

Any thoughts?

2nd weekend or I'm gonna be disappoint.

Level expectations with what I felt around 11 months ago, and I'm already happy AF.

This team wants to make its mark though.  They aren't done by any stretch.

This year was supposed to suck.  It hasn't.

Edited by slorch

9 hours ago, slorch said:

Tech's results and National/ mixed crews holding them more accountable:

Tech 68, @ Providence 72 ( fouls called 29-22, called by national crew but was a buttfucking of the highest order.  Bryson fucking Williams fouled out and TJ and CS-S had 4 apiece

Tech 57, Tennessee 52( @MSG) fouls 12-22, SEC, Mixed crew

Tech 55, Gonzaga 69( @ Phoenix) fouls 11-14, Mixed crew

Tech 76, Miss State 50, fouls 10-18, SEC crew

Big XII Officials favoring the Red Raiders in big games:

Tech 75, Kansas 67; fouls 17-22

Tech 65, @Baylor 62; fouls 13-12

Tech 91,@ Kansas 94(2OT;) fouls 24-19

Tech 77, Texas 64; fouls 20-25

Tech 83, Baylor 73; fouls 15-21

Tech 61, @ Texas 55; fouls 21-22

I think the overall  notion is bullshit.   Defense travels.  The risk for Tech is 9 minute scoring droughts.  If they call ticky-tack bullshit; Tech has folks who work the paint too.

No such thing as a “national crew.”

i would break this down but I’m on vacay.

Last year Tech was a #6 seed and was knocked out by #3 Arkansas

So, pre season, just making the tourney and not being upset by a lower seed would have been great

However, 

Tech is 3-3 vs projected #1 seeds 

(Zaga, KU, BU)

They 7-3 vs other projected teams

(ISU, UT,  Tenn, TCU, Prov)

That says they are good enough to make a run - the bad losses and offensive brown outs notwithstanding.

So now as a projected #3, my expectations are to hold serve on the seed line. And if they get beat by a 2 or 1, make ‘em earn it - like KU  had to do today. 

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

No such thing as a “national crew.”

i would break this down but I’m on vacay.

I googled each ref, as their affiliation wasn't listed.  The bigger point is that in the noted games, they weren't Big XII crews.  The only game where the refs hammered Tech was Providence.  Bilas is full of shit and a whiney fuck.   "Oooooh they play so physically..."   Get over it motherfucker.  National media  loved that shit when it used to be the Big East.

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I googled each ref, as their affiliation wasn't listed.  The bigger point is that in the noted games, they weren't Big XII crews.  The only game where the refs hammered Tech was Providence.  Bilas is full of shit and a whiney fuck.   "Oooooh they play so physically..."   Get over it motherfucker.  National media  loved that shit when it used to be the Big East.

There’s no such thing as a big 12 crew