Can I bring pot home from Colorado into Houston?

I have less than a half ounce. Legal here. Don’t know why TSA would give a shit. There’s no drug sniffing security I’m aware of for domestic destinations and, even if there were, Houston doesn’t charge people for carrying small amounts. I asked this as a question but I plan on doing it so I guess I’m really asking if there’s any reason I shouldn’t.

42 minutes ago, Basil said:

I have less than a half ounce. Legal here. Don’t know why TSA would give a shit. There’s no drug sniffing security I’m aware of for domestic destinations and, even if there were, Houston doesn’t charge people for carrying small amounts. I asked this as a question but I plan on doing it so I guess I’m really asking if there’s any reason I shouldn’t.

Nobody cares. *This is not legal advice* 

Yeah, TSA doesn't care, only downside is if they either random search or spot something else and go through it they will refer you to PD who will make you either take it home or throw it out.  And the dog sniffers at the airport are only sniffing for explosives, not drugs (legally can't)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, TSA doesn't care, only downside is if they either random search or spot something else and go through it they will refer you to PD who will make you either take it home or throw it out.  And the dog sniffers at the airport are only sniffing for explosives, not drugs (legally can't)

Yeah, I flew out of Denver a few years ago and they would occasionally have the dog walk by 40 or so people in the security line and then just run everyone through the metal detector. Dog didn't indicate and there is no way in hell someone out of those 40 people didn't have some sort of weed product on them.

Avoid travelling on 287 at any point in Colorado then driving through Wise County. They've got SCMODS (plate readers that flag vehicles coming from drug zones(yeah, local PD scan all the dispensary customers). It's a massive techno invasion of freedoms. I know a really good attorney if you do.

I see 5 - 6 drug searches every week on my way to work. Pretty big one in Decatur last night. I forget the name of the network Wise Co subscribes to, but they know you're coming way before you get here. They plan the traffic stop for "unsafe equipment" and rehearse their script down pat before you pass Sunset. It's a nationwide integrated scanner tattle tale network available to those willing to subscribe. Sure it costs (ex$2000 a month, but we can haul in $20,000 a month for a baseline.) Profit!

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

49 minutes ago, bluto said:

Last I read as of the most recent court appeal volleyball, Deltas are technically legal in Tx and prob will be through the fall based on the appeals docket

The new fad is legit Delta 9 gummies because the THC by weight is under the legal threshold so not even Delta 8 thats so popular but legal Delta 9. The same high you get in legal states.

Avoid travelling on 287 at any point in Colorado then driving through Wise County. They've got SCMODS (plate readers that flag vehicles coming from drug zones(yeah, local PD scan all the dispensary customers). It's a massive techno invasion of freedoms. I know a really good attorney if you do.
I see 5 - 6 drug searches every week on my way to work. Pretty big one in Decatur last night. I forget the name of the network Wise Co subscribes to, but they know you're coming way before you get here. They plan the traffic stop for "unsafe equipment" and rehearse their script down pat before you pass Sunset. It's a nationwide integrated scanner tattle tale network available to those willing to subscribe. Sure it costs (ex$2000 a month, but we can haul in $20,000 a month for a baseline.) Profit!

Is this a real thing? I’m going to Colorado in the near future and planned on bringing back some edibles. This is very much on my route.

I did it once, had it in my backpack . Cruise through security line and get to front and see dog sniffing people. Butthole tightening, 2 lines converged and I keep telling other lady to go first and end up running into her. Probably looked suspicious as fuck, dog sniffs me and I got on by with minor heart attack. Obviously bomb sniffing dog but still makes you nervous .

13 hours ago, Hate said:

Is this a real thing? I’m going to Colorado in the near future and planned on bringing back some edibles. This is very much on my route.

It is my understanding that panhandle cops are doing very well for themselves stopping people returning from Colorado.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Hate said:

Yes. Do not drive back from CO with weed in your car. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It's been a while since I bought weed, but is there none available in Houston any more due to supply chain issues?

This. Just get a weed guy in Houston. Houston and Harris County 5-0 aren’t busting anyone for under 4 ounces. It’s basically legal here.

Bernard

On 3/8/2022 at 12:35 PM, RPM said:

Now I want to do this just to fuck with the cops. I usually roll 45 to 35 to 135 to 70 just because it’s Interstates the whole way: no towns, stop lights, etc.; just high speed limits and cruise control. 🙂

Bernard

12 minutes ago, Bernard said:

This. Just get a weed guy in Houston. Houston and Harris County 5-0 aren’t busting anyone for under 4 ounces. It’s basically legal here.

Bernard

Yeah. I don't smoke (anymore) but from what I understand the quality to price ratio is higher even in legal states buying from old fashioned pot dealers. The advantages of buying legally seem to be quality of selection and convenience. If you aren't a fucking dweeb and someone down the block has what you're trying to smoke then that route is going to save you money. 

Edited by ztejas

22 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Now I want to do this just to fuck with the cops. I usually roll 45 to 35 to 135 to 70 just because it’s Interstates the whole way: no towns, stop lights, etc.; just high speed limits and cruise control. 🙂

Bernard

Rent a small U-Haul to seal the deal.

Maybe I am extremely naive or ignorant or maybe both but how do these logistics work?

The PD’s in CO will scan license plates at dispensaries on 287 and then upload that data into a national database. I understand that. But how do the LE in Wise Co know my schedule?

If they miss me on my trip back but catch my plate a week later, do they just roll the dice and hope I haven’t unpacked my car?

If I stop and buy weed entering CO and have none left when I come back to Texas are they just shit out of luck when I’m pulled over?

I realize the potential for the 20K per month is there but it just seems like a very high rate of false positives based on license plate scans alone.

And full disclosure, I only have used the Amarillo to Raton route into CO but I assume the same license plate scans are still applicable.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, twosheds said:

Maybe I am extremely naive or ignorant or maybe both but how do these logistics work?

The PD’s in CO will scan license plates at dispensaries on 287 and then upload that data into a national database. I understand that. But how do the LE in Wise Co know my schedule?

If they miss me on my trip back but catch my plate a week later, do they just roll the dice and hope I haven’t unpacked my car?

If I stop and buy weed entering CO and have none left when I come back to Texas are they just shit out of luck when I’m pulled over?

I realize the potential for the 20K per month is there but it just seems like a very high rate of false positives based on license plate scans alone.

And full disclosure, I only have used the Amarillo to Raton route into CO but I assume the same license plate scans are still applicable.

They subscribe to a national database. They have plate readers EVERYWHERE. They timestamp everything. They cross reference EVERYTHING. You left Round Rock 5 days ago, spent 3 days in Colorado and are on the way back... Let's find a traffic violation and have a closer look. I mean if you're innocent, why would you protest? Only criminals only those engaged in criminal activity protest. Never, and I mean NEVER rent a u-haul. If you don't believe me just search the Wise County docket. It's their biscuits and gravy.

Edited by RPM
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:54 AM, Baboontyme said:

Just change your itinerary and come to MI instead. We've got legal weed and instead of Vail you can hit up Mt. Holly or Pine Knob. Spectacular. 

Uber to dispensary and back from hotel.   Get in your car and drive home to Texas.   LDS themed bumper sticker and you are golden.  They say. 

On 3/8/2022 at 12:35 PM, RPM said:

A few years back the family and I were on vacation in Idaho and Utah and drove back through Pagosa Springs down to Amarillo. Then south east of Amarillo a cop pulls me over for "driving the speed limit in the left lane" takes a once over seeing my mid 30s ass driving with my early 30s brother and late 50s parents in the vehicle and sends us on with a warning to not drive in the left lane. I'm assuming that had to do with this stuff you're talking about. 

Also is it just Wise county and the 287 route? I drive to Oklahoma city from DFW and back 3 to 4 times a month for work and have never had that issue on 35 even though OKC has medicinal dispensaries all over the place. I wonder if you took the extra hour to drive back from Colorado through OKC instead of 287 if you'd have that issue. 

On 3/18/2022 at 11:18 PM, Hermanator said:

A few years back the family and I were on vacation in Idaho and Utah and drove back through Pagosa Springs down to Amarillo. Then south east of Amarillo a cop pulls me over for "driving the speed limit in the left lane" takes a once over seeing my mid 30s ass driving with my early 30s brother and late 50s parents in the vehicle and sends us on with a warning to not drive in the left lane. I'm assuming that had to do with this stuff you're talking about. 

Maybe.  Or maybe stop driving in the left lane at the speed limit.

• Hook 'Em 1