NCAA tournament survivor pool

HornOnTheBayou

We've done this the last couple of years and it's worked out well. It's definitely a fun wrinkle to a NCAA tournament pool. You pick one team each day of the tournament to win straight-up. If they win, you advance. If you lose, you're out. You can only pick a team once so don't use the #1 seeds on the first day. The only exception to the "one pick per day" rule is in the Elite 8 round where you will still have to pick two teams, but you can pick both the Saturday games, both the Sunday games, or one of each.

It's $50 to join, but tournamentpools.com does charge $1/entry, so please send me $51. PM me for paypal or venmo details.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

• HornOnTheBayou changed the title to NCAA tournament survivor pool
11 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

We've done this the last couple of years and it's worked out well. It's definitely a fun wrinkle to a NCAA tournament pool. You pick one team each day of the tournament to win straight-up. If they win, you advance. If you lose, you're out. You can only pick a team once so don't use the #1 seeds on the first day. The only exception to the "one pick per day" rule is in the Elite 8 round where you will still have to pick two teams, but you can pick both the Saturday games, both the Sunday games, or one of each.

It's $50 to join, but tournamentpools.com does charge $1/entry, so please send me $51. PM me for paypal or venmo details.

I’m in. But I think last year if you’d have just used the 1 seeds you’d have won or something. Seems like we had most people flame out by Saturday- right?  

7 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Good point. If I remember right from last year, most of us trusted Rick Barnes to win a first round game. That was a mistake.

Also I think more than a couple had texas over ACU because that was a layup and you wouldn’t ever want to be picking Texas later in the tournament. Whoops. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Update: we've got nine people registered and paid. I'm waiting on one more payment that should be in this morning, so that'll bring us to 10. If you know of anyone else that wants to play, tell them to register ASAP. 

I still haven't heard from "Mike and Glen" or "KMIK". KMIK hasn't made a pick, so I assume he's out. Mike and Glen made a pick. Hopefully they pay by the time the game the picked tips off.

Good luck to everyone. And a happy March Madness to all who celebrate. I told my kids that if you've been good all year, the Bracket Fairy will leave a list of winners under your pillow at night. If you're bad, you just get a blank NIT bracket. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

I assume you got my payment since I wasn't called out in above post.  I never can win a traditional bracket but do well at NFL survivor so maybe this is my game.

..and bump to get maybe a couple of more in!

Yep. Everyone that has registered has paid, except for the two listed above. So we're at 10 now. 

And people can still register/pay after the morning games tipoff. They'll just have to pick one of the later games. 

Yep. Everyone that has registered has paid, except for the two listed above. So we're at 10 now. 
And people can still register/pay after the morning games tipoff. They'll just have to pick one of the later games. 
Can i get in this? I realize i strap myself cause I can't pick games already started

3 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I never heard from "Mike and Glen" so I went ahead and booted him. That leaves us with 14 paid entries, which means $700 for the last man standing. Looks like by tomorrow morning we'll have either 4 or 9 left, depending on what UCLA does.

Interesting. I guess I have to root for Akron. 

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:
5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:
Honestly?  I had them and then changed it up to Nova. I’m keeping my powder dry to pick Texas in the sweet 16 match up. I think Nova is dog shit shit and don’t trust them past a 15-2 game. 

You do that

I picked an 8 seed in round 1. I ain’t sceeeered.