Texas vs Texas State, midweek series thread, March 8th & 9th

TrashMaster G

Let me pinch hit for @zlavydra who always posts this.    He may be busy preparing for trip to SCar.

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
Tuesday: TXST: RHP Trevis Sundgren (1-0) vs. UT: RHP Andre Duplantier II (2-0)
Wednesday: TXST: TBA vs. UT: TBA

ABOUT TEXAS STATE
The Bobcat are coming off a historic weekend as the team claimed its first-ever road series over a ranked opponent in program history after winning the final two games against then 11th-ranked Arizona. Dalton Shuffield continued his hot hitting and enters the week leading the team in batting average (.452), hits (19), RBI (15) and home runs (3). John Wuthrich comes in batting .375 with a team leading 14 runs scored. Both he and Jose Gonzalez are a perfect 5-for-5 stealing bases. Other players batting over .300 are Cameron Gibbons and Isaiah Ortega-Jones at .356 and .348, respectively.

Slated to start on Tuesday is Trevis Sundgren. The senior is 1-0 with a 2.79 ERA and seven strikeouts in 9.2 innings. Last season against Texas, he threw five innings with three strikeouts and allowed just one run on three hits. Wednesday starter has yet to be announced.

• Hook 'Em 1

M

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Two balls scorched, one hit pretty hard and one pop up. 

This lineup don’t give a fuck. We’re putting at least 6 on these fuckers tonight 

hahahaha the crowd went nuts over a lazy shit ass routine fly ball to right 

and this country boy needs to stop talking. Really don’t feel like listening to a No Country For Old Men” character all game 

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah we can hit this guy. If Duplantier pitches like he can we got this.

Well Dre's off to a good start so that's good.

Okay NOW he's off to a pretty good start.

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Valmy77 said:

He is throwing strikes at least!

Man wish he’d finish off those 2 dudes he had 1-2. I’ll take the fly outs and whatnot but man when you got him 1-2, finish him. Whatever. Once he settles in and his arm loosens up, he’s gonna be nasty. He and Gordon fighting over the 4th starter spot is gonna be fun to watch. Would love to see Cobb start tomorrow. Let’s throw another hat in the potential badass Tuesday dude competition. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, zlavydra said:

Based on that AB...ouch 

Yeah. Not great. 
Stehly is just a ball player 

FALTINE!!!!! God damn dudes, he and Silas and Kennedy have all 3 been pretty consistent all year. Something we desperately needed to be the true number 1 team. Well here we are!!! We’re back to the glory days of dudes actually improving. Not hitting .255 as a freshman then .240 as a junior like it seemed like for fucking ever

Just now, OB3 said:

Is the wind switching up? I look at the flags but it looks like it’s blowing a different direction every 3 pitches or so

Yeah I’ve been keep an eye the flags too and they keep flying in like every direction possible 

1 hour ago, torre said:

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
Tuesday: TXST: RHP Trevis Sundgren (1-0)

Sundgren pitched 1 inning in relief in the opening series of the season, and has started two midweek games, which really confuses me, because I was told by @markstanco that Texas State would pitch their normal Friday night starter because this is their Super Bowl. 

• Haha 1

Messinger hit .324 and led Kansas in RBI’s and Hits. He wasn’t a power hitter at all but he was very consistent at the plate. I hope he’s taking the Antico route when transferring to another school. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah these 2 suck. Like really badly. Not expecting Scully but Jesus. This isn’t a podcast about random ass games 

Ty has gotten worse since he's gotten more comfortable and experienced behind the mic.  He reminisces a lot.