2019 TE Jared Wiley

1 hour ago, drewcifer said:

Not familiar with the first two. Stafford is a Belton guy (you did say "sort of," I know).

He was really a Temple guy who transferred into Belton. I used to play baseball with/against him in Temple. Even though he was four years younger that I was, it was immediately apparent that he was a special athlete from the git-go. 

30 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My FIL (R.I.P. never met him) was the starting HB at Temple HS circa 1960. /csb

Before my time, but Kenneth Davis did pretty well at RB for Temple and helped them win their first state title.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
14 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

When I first saw him, I thought he was a sure fire draft pick. Somehow, over two coaching staffs, he literally never improved. A shame.

I don't think he was ever given a fair shot. Faber est suae quisque fortunae.

• Hook 'Em 1

it is astounding the extent to which our tight end play went from being the best in the world with a run of scaife, david thomas, and finley to what it has been for the last 10 years.  probably the only position with a more bizarre drop off than qb.  swaim was the only one drafted since finley and he was unfortunately saddled with swoopes.

sure hope j'tavion can come on and be the guy.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Maybe he's playing School and he's going somewhere where he can get a graduate degree it's hard to get into graduate programs in Texas

When's the last time we lost a player our coaches wanted to keep to not being able to get into grad school?

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

When's the last time we lost a player our coaches wanted to keep to not being able to get into grad school?

uh, how many of them actually wanted to do something in grad school that was a real grad program and weren't already super smart?

image.png.caedc40bab444ef9957ea13a1029c4eb.png

spoiler alert, this isn't their major.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wiley has always seemed to me like a guy that Iowa State would recruit and when he played us would always put us in a mismatch situation. I wonder how different his career would have been if Brewer didn't come back for a 6th year. 

I am excited to see what the other guys on the roster can do, especially Davis and Sanders.  Seemed like a good soldier, best of luck to him. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

No. Up to him. He can still participate. If he opts out we will terminate

I was joking but i'd be ok with amending the contract to add: "If you enter the portal, you are fucking dead to us. Payments stop immediately and current month is prorated, you fucking bitch. Fuck your feelings. Respectfully, Surly."

22 hours ago, XForce said:

Wiley has always seemed to me like a guy that Iowa State would recruit and when he played us would always put us in a mismatch situation. I wonder how different his career would have been if Brewer didn't come back for a 6th year. 

I am excited to see what the other guys on the roster can do, especially Davis and Sanders.  Seemed like a good soldier, best of luck to him. 

I honestly look at Wiley and see the epitome of the issues at Texas. He has the talent and he looks good with the ball in his hands. When asked to do something outside of that, he shows a lack of commitment. Just another guy that has little interest in doing the little things that help the team. He is definitely not alone in that area. 

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I honestly look at Wiley and see the epitome of the issues at Texas. He has the talent and he looks good with the ball in his hands. When asked to do something outside of that, he shows a lack of commitment. Just another guy that has little interest in doing the little things that help the team. He is definitely not alone in that area. 

If he goes somewhere else and somehow becomes a willing blocker that will change the conversation a bit

27 minutes ago, Nope said:

If he goes somewhere else and somehow becomes a willing blocker that will change the conversation a bit

It definitely would, but it’s hard to bet on him having that come to Jesus moment. I hope he does, because it would drastically change his path in football. I wish him no ill will, I merely called me ting on the facts of his play at Texas 

• Like 1