Boston St Patty’s Weekend 2022

Doc Reeves

So, I haven’t flown since the end of 2019, partly because of COVID and partly because going anywhere pretty much sucked for a good year. 

Boston has canceled St patty’s the past 2 years and I’m going up the that weekend for my friends funeral.

I haven’t been to Boston since I was in school circa 2002. Staying at the W. I’m going to be by myself so, anybody have any suggestions?

17 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

If they're having the parade in Southie, it's worth going to check out. If you just want to booze it up, you can go pretty much anywhere. 

I’m close to southie and will probably hit it up since I’ll be fairly close to the parade route. It’s gonna be crowded af, but I can’t imagine it’s much different than Fiesta in SA. So, I’ll check it out probably grab some drinks where I can squeeze in. 
I might swing by some of the more popular bars like Ned Divines, etc but it’s not really a priority.

since I’m going to be by myself pub crawls don’t make sense. Sounds like a lot of work when I could just eventually bump into a few new people to have a laugh with for an hour or 2 if I hung out in the same bar for a little while. 

Im going to hit up the Dropkick Murphy concert at house of blues because I’m in Boston and I’m old. Should be fun. 

Anyone know a decent place to get a bite? 

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I’m close to southie and will probably hit it up since I’ll be fairly close to the parade route. It’s gonna be crowded af, but I can’t imagine it’s much different than Fiesta in SA. So, I’ll check it out probably grab some drinks where I can squeeze in. 
I might swing by some of the more popular bars like Ned Divines, etc but it’s not really a priority.

since I’m going to be by myself pub crawls don’t make sense. Sounds like a lot of work when I could just eventually bump into a few new people to have a laugh with for an hour or 2 if I hung out in the same bar for a little while. 

Im going to hit up the Dropkick Murphy concert at house of blues because I’m in Boston and I’m old. Should be fun. 

Anyone know a decent place to get a bite? 

that will be an awesome show

As for a decent place to get a bite, if it's just me I would go to North End and hit up Daily Catch, Neptune, Giacomo's. If you want lunch to soak up beer, go to Galleria Umberto and make sure to eat arancini and panzerotti and not just pizza. That place is an institution. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

that will be an awesome show

As for a decent place to get a bite, if it's just me I would go to North End and hit up Daily Catch, Neptune, Giacomo's. If you want lunch to soak up beer, go to Galleria Umberto and make sure to eat arancini and panzerotti and not just pizza. That place is an institution. 

Daily Catch and Giacomo’s are my favorites in the North End since my cousin closed his restaurant down a few years back.  Also, go to Mike’s Pastries and get some pistachio macaroon cookies.  They are fantastic.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Daily Catch and Giacomo’s are my favorites in the North End since my cousin closed his restaurant down a few years back.  Also, go to Mike’s Pastries and get some pistachio macaroon cookies.  They are fantastic.

What was your cousin's restaurant?