Texas vs Toads B12 Tournament Game Thread ESPN2 11:30am Thurs March 10th

LTtxfan

Just now, Fletch said:

That’s simply not true. We actually move the ball around some and even draw up plays. Compared to Matt Coleman and Ramey throwing back and fourth with everyone standing there then all the sudden Coleman or Ramey or whoever had to either drive into 3 dudes waiting on him or take some ridiculous off balance, contested shot. This offense is frustrating but it’s more so the lack of players that fit the system rather than playing fucking street ball 

Shaka ran a 4 out almost exclusively and then we would move the ball around the perimeter looking for post entry passes we couldn’t make. When that didn’t work we would run a really soft high PnR but the rolls almost never happened. There is nothing remotely similar about our current motion offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Shaka ran a 4 out almost exclusively and then we would move the ball around the perimeter looking for post entry passes we couldn’t make. When that didn’t work we would run a really soft high PnR but the rolls almost never happened. There is nothing remotely similar about our current motion offense. 

Exactly. We pretty much played street ball under Shaka. We actually have a plan and plays and shit now 

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Stretches like this is what this team does.   It's just beyond ridiculous.   When we lose in the tourney no doubt it will be some bizarre 10 minute stretch where we can't make shit and turn the ball over that does us in.

100%. That’s just kinda how it works when you don’t have any elite off the dribble scorers or elite shooting. You’re gonna have droughts because we don’t have a guy that can iso and create points when the sets are struggling

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

I forgot we are supposed to be excited about a twenty point collapse. 

spacer.png

There's a difference between being frustrated with the game and trashing the team and coach that have played their asses off all year. Especially during what's basically an exhibition game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

I mean if you are a fan of mediocrity, you do you .

The only thing mediocre about this team is the roster. The coaching, effort and togetherness is elite. I don't see the point in endlessly complaining that we don't have Kemba Walker running point. We should be better as soon as next season. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

The only thing mediocre about this team is the roster. The coaching, effort and togetherness is elite. I don't see the point in endlessly complaining that we don't have Kemba Walker running point. We should be better as soon as next season. 

I don't disagree with that, and I think the coaching staff is doing a decent job with a mediocre roster.  I look forward to better days.  I think a lot of people that are complaining are just frustrated at watching the same product year after year.  I do think it will get better, and it was a miracle we weren't in the cellar of the BIG 12 with what we should've had coming back from last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Stretches like this is what this team does.   It's just beyond ridiculous.   When we lose in the tourney no doubt it will be some bizarre 10 minute stretch where we can't make shit and turn the ball over that does us in.

I think we will be fine once we are not playing Big 12 teams, at least in the 1st weekend. It's going to take a hot shooting stretch to knock this team out. 

Just now, chemHORN said:

I don't disagree with that, and I think the coaching staff is doing a decent job with a mediocre roster.  I look forward to better days.  I think a lot of people that are complaining are just frustrated at watching the same product year after year.  I do think it will get better, and it was a miracle we weren't in the cellar of the BIG 12 with what we should've had coming back from last year.

But here’s the thing dude, we have gotten better. This year. Go watch us before and during the k state game. Now watch us. Yeah we aren’t 08 good and we’re definitely frustrating, but we’ve improved a shit ton since Christmas 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I think we will be fine once we are not playing Big 12 teams, at least in the 1st weekend. It's going to take a hot shooting stretch to knock this team out. 

That hit shooting stretch is usually what we run into so yea

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

The problem that makes this team so frustrating, even after 30+ games, they still are turning down too many good shots to try to get others involved. Which leads to over dribbling into the lane and cross court passes that are leading to live ball TOs.

Obviously we shouldn’t trash individuals for lack of talent because this team plays with heart but making the same fundamental mistakes all season is disappointing. When the team actually runs Beard’s system with their heads up then good things happen.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

The problem that makes this team so frustrating, even after 30+ games, they still are turning down too many good shots to try to get others involved. Which leads to over dribbling into the lane and cross court passes that are leading to live ball TOs.

Probably cause they all miss the open shots so often, they want to let someone else miss the next one.  lol