Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

Fuck yes I'm so chuffed with this signing. We have creativity back in the midfield that we lost after selling Phil. Our midfield is now arguably the best in the league. That's fucking massive. It may take them a second to adjust to each other but after December look fucking out. Jesus titty fucking Christ I can't wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodowned said:

Way to botch the Fekir transfer, Liverpool. Never change.

I have no problem holding off on what would be our second-biggest transfer fee ever if there are serious concerns from the medical team about his knee.

Apparently we tried to restructure the payment based on his appearances per season, and Lyon said fuck off. Perfectly reasonable from both sides.

I love Fekir's game, and I'm not sure there's a like-for-like plan B out there, but I also would hate to buy a crocked player. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 406W30th said:

I have no problem holding off on what would be our second-biggest transfer fee ever if there are serious concerns from the medical team about his knee.

Apparently we tried to restructure the payment based on his appearances per season, and Lyon said fuck off. Perfectly reasonable from both sides.

I love Fekir's game, and I'm not sure there's a like-for-like plan B out there, but I also would hate to buy a crocked player. 

yipp

I guess I'm more disillusioned with our medical staff than most considering the outrageous number of games our entire squad seems to miss every single season. Fekir has missed 10 games in two seasons since his knee surgery. Ox missed 82 games for Arsenal due to various injuries going back to 2012 and cost 73% of what Fekir would allegedly cost with nowhere near the performance history to back it up (and lo and behold, another injury at the end of this season). This is also the second summer in a row that we've had a public transfer debacle in terms of "done deals" where it's widely reported that the player is keen to come here and it's in the works and being reported, etc. only for it to end in blue balls.

Edited by Bodowned

10 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

I guess I'm more disillusioned with our medical staff than most considering the outrageous number of games our entire squad seems to miss every single season. Fekir has missed 10 games in two seasons since his knee surgery. Ox missed 82 games for Arsenal due to various injuries going back to 2012 and cost 73% of what Fekir would allegedly cost with nowhere near the performance history to back it up (and lo and behold, another injury at the end of this season). This is also the second summer in a row that we've had a public transfer debacle in terms of "done deals" where it's widely reported that the player is keen to come here and it's in the works and being reported, etc. only for it to end in blue balls.

So why bring in another injury prone player when we have a squad full of them

I guess we have a different definition of "injury prone". I'm not qualified to read an MRI (obviously), but he's missed 10 games in two years after surgery. I would have expected a calamitous reconstruction surgery would have reared its ugly head in the form of recurring injuries more often over that period of time. Jordan Henderson missed more time than that with an alleged bone bruise on his foot.

Big difference between bringing in a squad player (Ox) vs. a starter. If you are splashing 50 million with the understanding that he'll start, he'd better be 100%

If we spent that much on a rotation player, then that's worse business in itself. Ox is a borderline XI player depending on who else is healthy at any point in time to me. If Fekir had a freak injury, I'd feel plenty comfortable subbing in Ox for a good length of time.

Edited by Bodowned

6 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

If we spent that much on a rotation player, then that's worse business in itself. Ox is a borderline XI player depending on who else is healthy at any point in time to me. If Fekir had a freak injury, I'd feel plenty comfortable subbing in Ox for a good length of time.

Ox was a huge question mark when we signed him. I agree that NOW he's a starter. Not so much when we signed him.

6 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Ox was a huge question mark when we signed him. I agree that NOW he's a starter. Not so much when we signed him.

I agree 100%. So I’m mostly wondering how our front office goes from splashing that kind of cash on an injury prone squad rotation guy to hesitating on a guy who is a starting midfielder on the World Cup favorite AFTER we get a shit ton of Champions League cash + a shit ton of Coutinho cash.

41 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

I agree 100%. So I’m mostly wondering how our front office goes from splashing that kind of cash on an injury prone squad rotation guy to hesitating on a guy who is a starting midfielder on the World Cup favorite AFTER we get a shit ton of Champions League cash + a shit ton of Coutinho cash.

This. I am all for being cautious but they can't have it both ways. And hey how about if there is any possible hiccup to not trip on your dick until it is all signed, sealed and delivered. 

On 6/9/2018 at 3:37 PM, 406W30th said:

...I love Fekir's game, and I'm not sure there's a like-for-like plan B out there, but I also would hate to buy a crocked player. 

Maybe they turned their eyes to 20 year-old Fiorentina attacker Federico Chiesa , but it appears that his price is starting to skyrocket.

21.45 BST: Amid interest from Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United, Fiorentina have upped the asking from for 20-year-old attacker Federico Chiesa from £44 million to £62 million, talkSPORT cites Gazzetta dello Sport as reporting.

From ESPN's Transfer Page: http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3522274/live-transfer-talk-arsenal-close-on-caglar-soyuncu-bale-wants-prem-return

Here's a 3 1/2 minute video of the guy (#25). There is also one over 10 minutes long.

The Fekr transfer going to the brink is odd. The medical must've been really bad as everyone had it locked up. The upside is it shows FSG is willing to spend money but not take a risk on an injury prone player. Maybe we get a better player in the long run. I'm of two minds of the pre WC/post WC purchase. Lots of risk in Russia. Look what happened with Fred. 

Plan to take advantage of the free world delivery so I can have mine before Charlotte. 

So any truth to Shaqiri as a target? That name popped up a few summers ago. He seemed to underwhelm but he's cheap to get with a 12 million release clause.