Need some help- criminal lawyers/law enforcement

Wulaw Horn

Ok, I have a friend and she’s telling me a really wild story and I’m trying to see if I can help her but also trying to verify if what she’s telling me is even plausible- and if so what she can do…

She marries a guy that she knew back in high school but had lost contact with for 25 years. Whirlwind deal and they are married after a couple weeks of dating. They decide to buy a house together. He starts beating her, tries to strangle her to death.

she goes to the DA- he’s no billed. 

she says his ex also went to DA with strangulation charges against him and it was no billed as well, but ex isn’t around to corroborate b/c she committed “suicide”. 

Sherrie’s department wrote up police report that says she, my friend, said he didn’t touch her but she was going to make his life miserable in any way she can. She says they have tape on this interview and won’t give it to her (would that be something they would have to give up?) 

next- she says the DA refuses to tell her who presented the case to the grand jury, she wasn’t called to testify and wasn’t even told it was no billed until 2 weeks later- is that at all likely (her not testifying- or being informed when the case was going before grand jury?).  Does she have any right to know how that went- who was involved?

All of this sounds implausible, but I’ve never met nor talked to the guy, but my people said “definite grade A jerk” that had to deal with him- so these are people I know saying potentially bad hombre. 
the jurisdiction is small town/redneck East Texas. It doesn’t match up with anything I’ve ever experience attitudinally toward victims. When I questioned her about this she said that his brother is a DPS investigative type, and she has talked to people who said the ex ran away but kept being found by the husband, and it was always suspected that DPS brother was feeding him information to track her down. My friend says that she thinks the brother flashed his badge and talked her down and got the people at Sheriff and DA’s office against her. 
I’m inclined to want to ignore it but she says he’s going to hurt her bad or kill her and she sounds very scared. 
If you believed that this was going on and it was your friend how would you advise?  Does the sheriff have to present police report and recording to complaining witness. 
Would the DA have to give her details about who presented the case and when it was presented etc?

If the brother really did jam up her case who, if anyone, could she appeal to over the heads of sheriff or DA?

Like I said, I’m dubious but the thing is serious enough (if true) that I don’t want to ignore this. Any help on these processes would be appreciated. 

Do either of them, or his previous 'ex', have children?  

Also, does this guy have any history of drug use?  Any at all ?

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Who’s the DA and who’s the husband? Do they know each other somehow?

No. New county. Her story is she thinks the brother is pulling strings with his position as LEO. I’m skeptical but willing to give her a roadmap on what she can do if there is anything possible to be done. 
spoke to a mutual friend and she’s been telling her the same thing and says that she did listen to a recording and it was bad as in the guy being extremely verbally abusive,  it nothing physical on the tape. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Do either of them, or his previous 'ex', have children?  

Also, does this guy have any history of drug use?  Any at all ?

No kids. He drinks, no idea on drug use. He got an other then dishonorable discharge from Navy. Psych case. 
my guess?  He’s bad news and a bad guy but there’s no grand conspiracy. 

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. New county. Her story is she thinks the brother is pulling strings with his position as LEO. I’m skeptical but willing to give her a roadmap on what she can do if there is anything possible to be done. 
spoke to a mutual friend and she’s been telling her the same thing and says that she did listen to a recording and it was bad as in the guy being extremely verbally abusive,  it nothing physical on the tape. 

look, I’m not saying anything for sure because I just simply don’t know enough about the whole situation, but I can say because my wife’s family is respected LE that that can carry a ton of weight in communities. 
im not necessarily saying everyone is corrupt, but it feels like to me that at the very least homeboy has a direct line to the ear of the DA somehow. Maybe it his family, maybe he’s a CI, maybe it’s lots of stuff. 
All you can do is document, document, document. The power in Texas resides with the DAs prosecutorial discretion sure, but eventually there will be a new DA who will listen. 
it’s way worse when the bastard is connected to a judge.

Edited by Doc Reeves

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So this is the guy who's been running a side hustle procuring fentanyl to sell to distributors for cutting?  It's weird that he requested some be delivered to his home address.  Because that's such an easy thing for law enforcement to trace.  And it's especially weird that he'd give up the name of his source knowing it could bring about his death.  Thoughts and prayers on his pending "looks like an accident" suicide.  This is so much easier to get done than you realize.  I know you're an officer of the court so you need distance from this, but if she's under the threat of meeting the same demise as the other woman...this is not what this website is about and all...but I know you a long time...I trust your judgement.  Monsters are so much easier to evacuate from this planet than people realize.  

Don’t get what the first part is about- I think you have this conflated with something else?  As to the second part, yeah, we aren’t that close (think work friend not someone in my ride or die group) but if that was a sister or daughter or something… yeah that’s an option I think should probably honestly be explored more often than it is. 

It's not conflated.  It was a cover story.  For a totally random fictional person who neither of us know.  You need to have this thread deleted.  NOW.

1 minute ago, TurkeyChew said:

What in the world is going on here?

We're going to have white people killed.  on American soil.  And it's going to be fucking awesome.

20 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok, I have a friend and she’s telling me a really wild story and I’m trying to see if I can help her but also trying to verify if what she’s telling me is even plausible- and if so what she can do…

She marries a guy that she knew back in high school but had lost contact with for 25 years. Whirlwind deal and they are married after a couple weeks of dating. They decide to buy a house together. He starts beating her, tries to strangle her to death.

she says his ex also went to DA with strangulation charges against him and it was no billed as well, but ex isn’t around to corroborate b/c she committed “suicide”. 

Sherrie’s department wrote up police report that says she, my friend, said he didn’t touch her but she was going to make his life miserable in any way she can. She says they have tape on this interview and won’t give it to her (would that be something they would have to give up?) 

next- she says the DA refuses to tell her who presented the case to the grand jury, she wasn’t called to testify and wasn’t even told it was no billed until 2 weeks later- is that at all likely (her not testifying- or being informed when the case was going before grand jury?).  Does she have any right to know how that went- who was involved?

All of this sounds implausible, but I’ve never met nor talked to the guy, but my people said “definite grade A jerk” that had to deal with him- so these are people I know saying potentially bad hombre. 
the jurisdiction is small town/redneck East Texas. It doesn’t match up with anything I’ve ever experience attitudinally toward victims. When I questioned her about this she said that his brother is a DPS investigative type, and she has talked to people who said the ex ran away but kept being found by the husband, and it was always suspected that DPS brother was feeding him information to track her down. My friend says that she thinks the brother flashed his badge and talked her down and got the people at Sheriff and DA’s office against her. 
I’m inclined to want to ignore it but she says he’s going to hurt her bad or kill her and she sounds very scared. 
If you believed that this was going on and it was your friend how would you advise?  Does the sheriff have to present police report and recording to complaining witness. 
Would the DA have to give her details about who presented the case and when it was presented etc?

If the brother really did jam up her case who, if anyone, could she appeal to over the heads of sheriff or DA?

Like I said, I’m dubious but the thing is serious enough (if true) that I don’t want to ignore this. Any help on these processes would be appreciated. 

There are many, many victims rights NGOs and attorneys that can help more than a friend can. I’d find one, offer take her there, and offer to pay a deposit on an apartment in Dallas or Houston if she was a super close friend. You’re not going to pull this thread yourself and likely aren’t getting the whole story from her. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

Lobo

Don't drag me into this.  I'm not the guy he referred to committing domestic violence.  I just have people "evacuated" from time to time.  

Seriously, you gotta try it.  It's so much more cathartic than being shitty to dark people.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Don't drag me into this.  I'm not the guy he referred to committing domestic violence.  I just have people "evacuated" from time to time.  

Seriously, you gotta try it.  It's so much more cathartic than being shitty to dark people.

As usual I have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Carry on

the OP mentioned a bad person.  I am going to frame that bad person for tainting narcotics with lethal fentanyl.  His eventual "suicide" will then be seen as either understandably justified or a drug crime.  The female victim in all this will be shell-shocked for awhile, but will end up better off if what he said was true.  

However, for viability purposes...we really should delete the entire thread.  

Given your handle, it's hard to process you don't understand how easy it is to hunt down bad people and liquidate them.

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

the OP mentioned a bad person.  I am going to frame that bad person for tainting narcotics with lethal fentanyl.  His eventual "suicide" will then be seen as either understandably justified or a drug crime.  The female victim in all this will be shell-shocked for awhile, but will end up better off if what he said was true.  

However, for viability purposes...we really should delete the entire thread.  

Given your handle, it's hard to process you don't understand how easy it is to hunt down bad people and liquidate them.

As I said- not that close a friend. But- I know who I am DM’ing if my daughter ever ends up in such a situation. 

On 3/12/2022 at 6:50 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

This is why ghosting was invented.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

Settle down Dexter...

• Haha 1

What county? You can PM me if you want. Just curious because my advisor at prosecutor school was from that area.

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

36 posts and no one asked for a pic? Y’all be slipping.

I was wondering the county too, just to see if I knew them. Polk is out of my range.

Posted pictures on my family RV trip. Even here I’m guessing nobody is interested sexually. 

Pretty sure he meant pics of the female friend. And I’m kinda thinking I wouldn’t have let Ignatius know where to go find the daughter pics. 

edit: unless this female friend is the “take on a family Rv trip/crash into bridges with” type friend

Edited by Stinkpalm
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stinkpalm said:

Pretty sure he meant pics of the female friend. And I’m kinda thinking I wouldn’t have let Ignatius know where to go find the daughter pics. 

edit: unless this female friend is the “take on a family Rv trip/crash into bridges with” type friend

Don’t have pics of her. The Surl isn’t missing out.