Selection Sunday

Pancho

I get that Virginia Tech was a bad draw. But I also think that too much is being made of us losing our last 3.  Two of the losses were to #1 seeds - the first to Baylor (where we were tied with 6 min to play) and the other to Kansas (where we took them to OT on senior night at the Phog).  Then we lose to TCU in the Big-12 Tourney (which Beard has proven he doesn't care about) to a desperate TCU team that we had already beaten twice.  TCU was also playing hot, having beaten KU in the last week.  

Before that stretch, we were 8-3, with losses coming to 3-seed Tech and 1-seed Baylor. 

We have played and beaten teams better than Virginia Tech all season long.  And we RARELY lose to teams of their caliber.  Purdue may be a different story, but I would rather face them than Tennessee or Texas Tech.  

Edited by HookEm
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, The Tower said:

Cry aggy, cry

It's almost as if their mini hot streak for a few games did not erase how bad they were during the season. They should have beat Tennessee yesterday if they wanted to get in. 

You can't put a ton of stock into these conference tournaments for the big conferences. I'd suspect a lot of those teams who already know they are in might not put a ton of stock into the tournament and are focused on the big tournament. And seeing the seeding yesterday, the committee does not put a ton of emphasis on these conference tournaments. Hell Va Tech blew out Duke and won theACC tournament and is still a very low 11 seed. 

Aggy was so bad this season that their only shot on was to win it all. They didn't so they are not in. Boo fucking hoo. Regular season should always trump a 4 day tournament. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

The wailing is hilarious.  Pack of losers.

MarcAg

AG

I hope this changes the selection committees decision. Do we tell them they have by Tuesday to let us know if they changed their mind

This may be the most insane thing I've ever heard. They want to send a letter to the selection committee telling them they have until Tuesday to change which teams are in. And it's the most liked post on the thread
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Ok I’ll be in milwaukee cheering us on. My 6 year old and I have tickets in the 2nd row off the floor behind the basket. Hope we’re good luck! 🤘🏼

This Loop 1604 clown middle fingered this post.

How miserable do you have to be to middle finger a dad taking his young daughter to the NCAA tournament?

I hope this person is young and stupid because that’s just pathetic.

• Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Dear Salma Hayek, 

I am officially putting you on notice that you have until Tuesday to accept my offer of having sexual relations with you. After that, I will no longer be accepting any offers from you. 

Sincerely, HornOnTheBayou

Playing 4d chess! Let us know how the relationship develops after you rock her world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:
MarcAg

AG

I hope this changes the selection committees decision. Do we tell them they have by Tuesday to let us know if they changed their mind

This may be the most insane thing I've ever heard. They want to send a letter to the selection committee telling them they have until Tuesday to change which teams are in. And it's the most liked post on the thread

...or what?  Aggy leaves the NCAA?  

I like this one from Aggy. To be fair, it looks like he graduated in '04, which may be before they used textbooks. 

cupofjoe04

AG

We are out. They don't give a crap how we feel or what we say. There is nothing we can do to force a response from the NCAA, and they would be idiots to give us any sort of a response. It's a loose-loose for everyone.

9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I like this one from Aggy. To be fair, it looks like he graduated in '04, which may be before they used textbooks. 

cupofjoe04

AG

We are out. They don't give a crap how we feel or what we say. There is nothing we can do to force a response from the NCAA, and they would be idiots to give us any sort of a response. It's a loose-loose for everyone.

I have very few triggers...almost none, actually.  But the improper use of "lose" vs. "loose" is one of my few.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

I’m sitting in my Beverly Hills hotel laughing hysterically at the aggy on my flight to LAX on Saturday who was crowing about their win over Arkansas and how they were going to the sweet 16.  

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

giphy.gif

Man, you even slipped in a nice humble brag.  I was speaking with my one aggy acquaintance and he was all poopooing OU and coming at me like aggy was headed to the final 4.  Of course, I've seen what happens when aggy gets excited...

Me: "I don't think OU is gonna make it, refs blah blah...but shouldn't leave it to one game and one point, sucks, bro - I also think you guys are 50-50 at best".  Oh man, I had to put him on stroke protocol, guy fucking lost it.  After all his crying he asked me why I thought what I did, and named off 50 metrics supporting the sheep fuckers.  Me: "I don't know any metrics, I just know anytime you guys get all excited, shit goes south...usually really fast."  He missed work today.  

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

cupofjoe04

AG

Was gonna say, they can leave SA's mom out of this!

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, The Tower said:

Cry aggy, cry

three weeks ago a&m was #80 (eighty!!) in kenpom, coming off a stretch where they only won one out of ten games. they didn't even start approaching *the bubble* until the calendar had already turned to March. the idea that they've been snubbed in some sort of egregious fashion is laughably delusional, and classic aggy overreacting/victim mentality. this was one of the softest bubbles ever. if you didn't make it into this tourney, you cannot complain. 

3AE4F80C-1FFE-47E6-A186-713FF2CDCA70.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/14/2022 at 11:51 AM, MotownHorn said:

This Loop 1604 clown middle fingered this post.

How miserable do you have to be to middle finger a dad taking his young daughter to the NCAA tournament?

I hope this person is young and stupid because that’s just pathetic.

Oprah Winfrey GIF

• Fuck You 1