Surly March Madness 2022 - $20 entry

ZB'Tejas

Max points is what's important. It's really stupid that ESPN doesn't allow sorting by Max Points. 

Current top three in max points and their FF:

#1 Welshy (1680): Gonzaga, Purdue, Arizona, Kansas

#2 Me: (1660): Gonzaga, Purdue, Nova, Kansas

#3 Northloop (1600): Tech, UCLA, Arizona, Kansas

There are probably quite a few more of you in the mix but ESPN's dogshit platform makes it difficult to break down. The other pool I do every year uses tourney-tracker which is cool because it ranks every entry in terms of possibilities, so you really know where you stand after each round.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

uggh.. 2 of my FF gone like that. My champion gone too. 

Chalk up all the Arizona picks gone too.. leaves like 4 guys left. 

One's a girl.  My wife with her b.s. luck and b.s. username.  The "UT" in "UTSelena" is for Tennessee (her alma mater).

Championship game is set. With no one picking UNC the scenarios winners would be:

CurlyDumps if UNC

and

UTSelena if Kansas

UTSelena has locked in with 2nd place or better. With Kansas laying 4 might be a good middle opportunity to bet UNC.

Good luck

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wait how the fuck, I was in dead last after the first weekend

getting the champion correct is worth the same as getting every single first round game correct. you can lose a ton on the first weekend, but if you still get much of the EE, FF, and the champion correct you'll make huge strides up the leaderboard. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

getting the champion correct is worth the same as getting every single first round game correct. you can lose a ton on the first weekend, but if you still get much of the EE, FF, and the champion correct you'll make huge strides up the leaderboard. 

Yep... all those genius 12-5 upset picks don't mean dick. It's all about picking the FF and champion. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Yeah, funny thing is KU is the only FF team I had correct 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah, funny thing is KU is the only FF team I had correct 

this was the year to cash out like that. damn near everyone had gonzaga and arizona in their FF, and nobody had UNC making it that far. not too many had KU or Nova in the FF either, compared to most 1 seeds most years. but i think i read that only 14% of brackets even had KU in the FF. this was the toughest field to handicap in a long time. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, shadow_operative said:

i read that only 14% of brackets even had KU in the FF. this was the toughest field to handicap in a long time. 

That's odd... KU had maybe the easiest path to the FF that I've ever seen for a 1 seed.