Tokyo Vice. Michael Mann. HBO Max.

Parliament

On 4/18/2022 at 9:50 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

pretty sure Hayden Horn lived in Japan for a while.   lets drag him into this.

plus we should ask on average, how many times he got called a gaijin in a week.

lol. i just watched this show. 

i loved it - it was pretty accurate on the whole, and there were some pretty cool subtleties that they weren't too obvious about.

yakuza are indeed everywhere. i lived in nagoya, not tokyo, but right near the yakuza neighborhood. once had a yakuza threaten to fight me. saw a yakuza tattoo. 

was called a gaijin multiple times everyday, most of which were supposed to be stage whisper surreptitious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/25/2022 at 7:13 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

haha, found myself at an all Asian wedding, and the dj played nsync..

i immediately thought of Tokyo Vice and made a B line to dance floor..

That was by far the best scene in an otherwise bad show. The real life Jake is a crazy person. Weird a show would be created around him. 

• 1 month later...

Just finished last night - pretty entertaining. A few plot developments that seemed out of character (or at least inconsistent), and the pacing is uneven, though I think that should only bother people with poor attention spans - there's stuff going on even when there isn't stuff happening... 

Glad to know that there will be a S2. Apparently Hansel Malort (or whatever the fuck Baby Driver's name is) got caught up in some MeToo-ish stuff involving fairly young women. 

• 5 months later...

This show completely fell off my radar but I watched it over the last two weeks. I was still under the impression this was a one-off, limited series that was going to wrap up in the eighth episode. Oops. With about 10 mins left, I was thinking they’re running out of time to get back to the dinner from the opening scene with Jake and Katagiri.

I haven’t had that feeling since watching the second episode of The Lost premiere thinking that was a two-part TV movie — only to be sucked into years of episodes. Lol.

Vice was good. The better news is I won’t have to wait as long for Season 2 — when is that supposed to drop?

To my knowledge, there is not a Season 2 in the works.  

Tokyo Vice started out solid, and seemed like it was meant to be a limited series.  Then halfway through they decided they wanted more seasons.  They added plot lines.  Kinda stunk at the end.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How sato turn in to one of my favorite tv characters of all time. 

Jonny snow. Vegeta. Lt. Speirs. Lip. Then mofo Sato. 

Sato saying bye to the kid.. to damn cute. 

reminded me of the invisibility cloak from the movie crash

On 2/28/2024 at 10:12 PM, NoRagrets said:

Sato is by far my favorite character.  He’s going to have to get his hands dirty at some point with the new wildcard capo. Love the setup. 

Sato's too much of a pussy for my tastes.  Katagiri is the man.