2022 Atlanta Braves (defending the title without Freddie)

EZ$

The Atlanta Braves called up top prospect Vaughn Grissom to the majors on Wednesday in a series of moves that included placing second baseman Orlando Arcia on the 10-day injured list because of a strained left hamstring.

The 21-year-old Grissom, an infielder, has hit .324 with an .899 OPS at two levels of the Braves' minor league system and is currently with Double-A Mississippi, where he was hitting .363 in 22 games. He has 14 home runs and 67 RBIs in the minors this season.

Grissom has played shortstop, third base and second base in the minors and likely will play mostly second base in the majors with Arcia on the IL and Ozzie Albies still sidelined by a fractured left foot.

Grissom is playing second base in Wednesday night's game against the Boston Red Sox, batting ninth.

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The Atlanta Braves called up top prospect Vaughn Grissom to the majors on Wednesday in a series of moves that included placing second baseman Orlando Arcia on the 10-day injured list because of a strained left hamstring.

The 21-year-old Grissom, an infielder, has hit .324 with an .899 OPS at two levels of the Braves' minor league system and is currently with Double-A Mississippi, where he was hitting .363 in 22 games. He has 14 home runs and 67 RBIs in the minors this season.

Grissom has played shortstop, third base and second base in the minors and likely will play mostly second base in the majors with Arcia on the IL and Ozzie Albies still sidelined by a fractured left foot.

Grissom is playing second base in Wednesday night's game against the Boston Red Sox, batting ninth.

Out of the fucking park, lulz

It seems we have more than our fair share of success bringing guys up from like AA and seeing results sooner rather than later. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 3:51 PM, BigOrange1 said:

nice come from behind win to finish off the four game sweep of the fish today.  awesome start (7.0ip, 3h, 10k) from bryce elder too.

got four at home against the mets starting tomorrow.  5.5 games back of them.

4.5 games back after tonight's 13-1 no-lube beatdown. The Grissom kid keeps hitting with two more hits tonight taking his average up to .429. Awesome start to the series

image.png

Not trying to thread hijack, but I am going to Phillies @ Braves next Friday night(bucket list of going to all 30 stadiums, Truist will get me halfway there).  I know about the Battery area outside the stadium etc, but anyone have some hidden gems I need to know about at the stadium or around it?

Don't worry I will be sure to check out the 2021 World Champions banner :eyeroll: lol   

Thanks

Edited by Scraps

• 2 weeks later...

Same song, 3rd or 4th verse. 

Atlanta Braves second baseman Ozzie Albies left Saturday night's 4-3 win over the Philadelphia Phillies with a fractured right pinky finger, the team announced.

Albies appeared to be injured as he slid head-first into second base in the fourth inning.

The injury occurred one day after he was activated from the 60-day injured list. He had been sidelined for 81 games because of a broken left foot suffered in June after making an awkward swing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...