Heardle

Just now, Napoleon said:

C1648D09-0228-4A58-8F45-CB83B6CBA3A2.thumb.jpeg.60744ee34562174cfcf6aab918d3b8f7.jpeg

186AC020-6863-4204-8C21-0DEE32E87BCE.thumb.jpeg.6cfd45aa9d2201a47ad79c6dea7c40b6.jpeg

Just Google “Heardle [##]” or “Heardle [date]”.

Thanks and 🙄oh shit. Sorry I asked. 😂

I would NOT have gotten that one in 10seconds.  
Katy Perry? Maybe. But not Brittany/ unless “Hit me baby 1 more time”…

oh lord, that one was easy.  you people don't watch enough hipster movies like 500 days of summer.  that track also got a lot of commercial airplay in the 2010ish time period.

the entire last week has been a one second bonanza.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidis said:

oh lord, that one was easy.  you people don't watch enough hipster movies like 500 days of summer.  that track also got a lot of commercial airplay in the 2010ish time period.

I was in Argentina 🇦🇷 during this time.

I know it from the film. (Which I saw in English, but with Spanish subtitles… possibly while vacationing in Punta del Este, Uruguay 🇺🇾... But may in BA.)

5 hours ago, sidis said:

Yeah that song was huge lol. It came out 13 years ago and still has 400M+ plays on Spotify. 

That's funny. I forgot how that song begins, but I did think that it sounded like it, so I googled what song it samples. But that song wasn't a listed option. 

Turns out my instinct was right. I guess I gave up too quickly. 

Edited by ztejas

Haha. Yep. Obviously I know the song - didn't know the artist. 

I'm sure some young folks would get it - that's a pretty ubiquitous track. I mean there's more obscure shit than that that I would get. 

Spoiler

If you want to give me a little credit - my only thought was EW&F and they have a huge track with them (and, for good measure, Maurice White produced Best of My Love). 

Also - to go down a little rabbit hole. This was the song that popped into my head initially as they sound a hell of a lot alike (I mean Got To Be Real is a fairly shameless rip, granted I think it's the better song):

The producers for that^ track were David Paich of Toto and his father Marty Paich. Toto didn't release their debut album until a month after Got To Be Real came out. 

Edited by ztejas

14 hours ago, Scraps said:

Yeah they pulled a good one because that is a pretty damn popular song in hip hop history and no one is getting it. I didn't get it either.  

Yeah if you played any part after that intro I'd have gotten it in a second. 

Also - fuck a spoiler. Y'all either know that or you don't. Calvin Harris is the fucking man. I'm not a huge EDM guy as in I'm fairly picky when it comes to stuff like that but he's released some undeniable jams. Some that I'd highlight (the first one here is one of my favorite songs ever and within the genre one that I'd submit for best ever):

But this is an extremely generational thing. Anyone over 35 I'd be surprised if you relate to it and you're welcome to write it off. The youth is always going to find new shit to enjoy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, ztejas said:

Also - fuck a spoiler. Y'all either know that or you don't. Calvin Harris is the fucking man. I'm not a huge EDM guy as in I'm fairly picky when it comes to stuff like that but he's released some undeniable jams. Some that I'd highlight (the first one here is one of my favorite songs ever and within the genre one that I'd submit for best ever):

But this is an extremely generational thing. Anyone over 35 I'd be surprised if you relate to it and you're welcome to write it off. The youth is always going to find new shit to enjoy. 

I knew the 2nd & 3rd video. I have attended an EDM festival in Buenos Aires (Creamfields) and worked in Miami Beach for 5 weeks around October 2012 and would listen to the EDM/Latino Dance/Hip-Hop/Flo Rids/Ke$ha/Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias bilingual party club radio station every day I drove to and from work, so the names mean nothing, but I know that 2nd & 3rd song… player (pronounced how Hip-Hop stars pronounce “playa”.)

Speaking of festivals…

#Heardle #107

🔊🟩

https://www.heardle.app

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah what the fuck ever. Strike against me for not being waspy enough to pick up on that one. 

SPOILER HINT

Spoiler

Written and performed by two New York Jews, not sure if being “WASPy” is as big of a requirement as you would think…

But it’s definitely a white people anthem.