Senate passes bill to make DST permanent

Storm the Field

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I've been taking shit from perky morning people most of my life, so anything that inconveniences them is fine by me.

Fuck.  YES.

Not only do I not care that you really really really love that it gets light at 6:00 a.m., so the morning run you started, because gosh doesn't a morning jog just really kickstart your day and make you feel SUPER!, and isn't it GREAT that I can run the last half of my hour-long run in the daylight......I hate every word you say about it and every second of your bullshit smile.

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm excited for it to be dark at 8:30 in the mornings during the middle of winter.

I am.  The best duck hunting around here starts in mid-December.  Sunrise is anywhere from 7:10 to 7:28, meaning shooting time is 6:40-6:58.  Add an hour to that -- I don't need to have the dekes out and me set up in my cover until 7:40-7:58.  That's downright civilized.  I love it.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the awesome thing is more sun for your solar panels!

Precisely.  This is just another scam perpetrated by the climate change group.  If we switch year-around to daylight saving time, it'll make solar look like an attractive option because of one more hour of sunlight so it'll amplify their current propaganda.  As we know though, the wind in Texas typically kicks up more at night...so one more hour of sunlight by shifting the orbit of the Earth and our clocks will further negate that.  So "Green Energy" has quite a conundrum on their hands.  Good luck with that bitches!

2 minutes ago, NAVY said:

NB4 y’all start a DST denier cult for the lulz

Laugh all you want sir, but one more of daylight is gonna wreak havoc on Naval vessels trying to celestially navigate with an extra hour of sunlight to deal with.  

I bet anyone on here $50 and my left nut that I can convince a sitting member of the U.S. Congress that we're actually talking about a net/real increase in sunlight. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

we should go to standard time not daylight savings time. I'm fine with it, but they should standardize with the rest of the world on standard time not some bullshit made up timezone. 

Wrong.  They're doing it the right way.  Hope it passes both houses and comes into effect before the Fall. 

2 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

I like keeping it the same all year, but they're doing it backwards.  DST is fucking bullshit for anyone who has children or works a typical schedule for a living.  It doesn't need to be light outside at 9:30 at night.  And anyone who whines about how they like to mow their yard later in the evening can go fuck themselves for making a racket when everyone else is trying to relax. 

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Don't worry, they'll probably move it to that next year, with the Snowflake Protection Act.

• Haha 1

The shift is not uniform across countries.  So while america and europe both implemented this spring/summer time shift, they do it on different days. 

So for a many days, new york is x hours from paris, then for a bunch of days, its y hours instead. 

fucking ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Wrong.  They're doing it the right way.  Hope it passes both houses and comes into effect before the Fall. 

The rest of the world is mostly DST? I just want to align with whatever is going on in Europe and Australia and shit. The time change fucks up international schedules for a month it more a year cuz they are different. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Laugh all you want sir, but one more of daylight is gonna wreak havoc on Naval vessels trying to celestially navigate with an extra hour of sunlight to deal with.  

I bet anyone on here $50 and my left nut that I can convince a sitting member of the U.S. Congress that we're actually talking about a net/real increase in sunlight. 

Oh god. I can already envision the save the night talking point 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

As someone who hunts a lot, I love it.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am.  The best duck hunting around here starts in mid-December.  Sunrise is anywhere from 7:10 to 7:28, meaning shooting time is 6:40-6:58.  Add an hour to that -- I don't need to have the dekes out and me set up in my cover until 7:40-7:58.  That's downright civilized.  I love it.

i'm going to trick myself into thinking that it's later by setting my clocks 2 hours ahead!

normally that would be prime wive's thread fodder.

Edited by elfenix

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

The rest of the world is mostly DST? I just want to align with whatever is going on in Europe and Australia and shit. The time change fucks up international schedules for a month it more a year cuz they are different. 

The rest of the world learned to speak English, they'll manage...as long as I have later sunsets, don't really care. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Move to Tierra del Fuego.

One more hour of hot sunlight and that's precisely what you'll have on your hands, an "Earth Fire!"  You think the planet's getting hotter now, wait until we get an extra hour of sun!

But yeah, the whole "3 hour train ride from Phoenix to Yuma...let's synchronize all the clocks around the world."  150 years later, "Flying halfway across the world from Arizona to India during DST switch?  Ah fuck it, who knows...figure it out when you land."

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm going to trick myself into thinking that it's later by setting my clocks 2 hours ahead!

normally that would be prime wive's thread fodder.

Well, I mean.....that's what clock time does -- it tricks our bio clock.

I condition my body to get up at 7:00 am.  So, I don't feel tired when I get up at 7:00.  Now that shooting time is a good bit after that, I can get up at MY "normal time" and get in a hunt.  I mean, changing our bio habits based on artificial clock time is literally the entire thing that DST is about, so......yeah.

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

I mean we still measure things in a fucked up way that makes no sense while the rest of the world does it right using the metric system. I don't think we give a good god damned what the rest of those commie foreigners do with their clocks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe this will bring us one inch closer to also going on the metric system and being normal.  but we won't because the metric system is based on 10, which is based on arabic numerals.  Which is obviously brown and evil.  Jesus clearly believe in inches and miles and acres as evidenced by the myriad gospel writing of John, Mark, and Luke.   

Fun fact though you can fuck with people...why is "6" the base of most of our timekeeping?  60 seconds, 60 minutes, 24 hours, 30 days/month, 12 months/year, 360days/year (obviously some adaptations over time as our observational technology has improved).  But the base of 6 and 10 rule so much of our life and we never stop to wonder why?  

Fucking-A, there's a fucking billion-dollar scam in here somewhere.  Who's with me?  

Edited by Lobo

32 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Start with the one who thinks Guam might tip over.

32 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Or better yet, tell them that extra hour of sunlight will lead to global warming.

41 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Start with the one who thinks Guam might tip over.

Joke’s on you…Guam doesn’t observe Daylight Saving Time!  BURN!  

3 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

No more falling back an hour in November if enacted (starting in 2023).

It won't matter because of the impending nookyuhluhr winter. Thread out front with the funky hyroglyphics title about Ukraine should have told you.

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Let me tell you how awesome it is when Christmas is over and it's 20 degrees and dark by 5 PM every day for the next 2.5 months. It's the fucking best. 

You jest but December, January and February are my favorite months by far. Dark at 5:30 pm, cold days bring me unlimited joy. I’m going to miss them dearly.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I've been taking shit from perky morning people most of my life, so anything that inconveniences them is fine by me.

Pesky morning people? Those of us that are truly morning people get up at 4 am and are huge curmudgeons. The pesky ones are the ones who get up at 8 and roll in to the office mid-morning. 

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Pesky morning people? Those of us that are truly morning people get up at 4 am and are huge curmudgeons. The pesky ones are the ones who get up at 8 and roll in to the office mid-morning. 

I have a very simple rule.  If I have to get up at 4 am, something's gonna die that day.  

• Hook 'Em 2

DST is bullshit. This is not complicated, people. By convention we decided a long time ago that the day would have 24 hours and 12 noon would correspond to the sun being at its zenith. Standard time is the closest to that, not fucking DST.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I have a very simple rule.  If I have to get up at 4 am, something's gonna die that day.  

I like 4 am. It's the only true peaceful time. Once the sun comes up, it all goes to shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

You jest but December, January and February are my favorite months by far. Dark at 5:30 pm, cold days bring me unlimited joy. I’m going to miss them dearly.  

Are you me? I love going to north eh Europe in December bc it’s dark at 3:30 

• Hook 'Em 1