Senate passes bill to make DST permanent

Storm the Field

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I get it.  But you gotta give me credit for the play on "d"

c'mon.  Lobo's an asshole, but he's pretty clever. 

it's clever didn't think it wasn't. have no idea if you're an asshole, not really paying that much attention.

Senate just approved it.  I guess Biden needs to sign it.

Great, now we throw a rip in the time-space continuum.

f3af0ecc823a83a9baccf415b2ccbd92.gif&f=1

Yeah I know that movie takes a beating from critics, but I think it's one of his better ones.  And even if not, where do you think the guys got the inspiration for this?

Season 2 Comedy GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

16 hours ago, Rimbo said:

It isn't merely an inconvenience; it's actually unhealthy. In the end, it doesn't really matter what we choose, just as long as we choose one and stick with it.

no, it does matter what you pick. living to the western side of your time zone is associated with increased rates of certain cancers.  permanent DST makes that another 15° west for everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The real issue is the current construct of time itself.  Fucking with clocks twice a year certainly exacerbates the problem but as somebody earlier said "time" used to be local....VERY local.  You got up with the sun, you generally started to shut it down when it was gone.  I think it's good to have one less variable but any decent sleep consultant/therapist will tell you it won't be healthy for folks to wake up and conform to being at work by 8am when it's still dark until 8:30am.  Goes against what the human animal is evolved (at this point) to do.  Late daylight fucks up little kids who need 12+ hours of sleep and how their parents treat said sleep schedule but it sounds like this thread has already agreed "fuck them kids"

This is going to be an improvement.  There will still be issues.  

I'm a little bummed. About 5 years ago I gave a 20 question quiz to my family on who knew me best. One of the questions was "What is my favorite day of the year." Christmas, Thanksgiving, fall back day light savings, and birthday. 

Now I'll have to void that quiz and make another. Some of my extended relatives were quite put off by first one. Said what kind of person craves this type of attention in his 40s.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think it's good to have one less variable but any decent sleep consultant/therapist will tell you it won't be healthy for folks to wake up and conform to being at work by 8am when it's still dark until 8:30am.  Goes against what the human animal is evolved (at this point) to do. This is going to be an improvement.  There will still be issues.  

As someone who works in an industry where virtually everyone starts at 4:30/ 5am, pardon me while I laugh my ass off.

We ain’t a bunch of farmers any more…and hell, on the dairy, they laugh at your sunlight bullshit story too.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

As someone who works in an industry where virtually everyone starts at 4:30/ 5am, pardon me while I laugh my ass off.

We ain’t a bunch of farmers any more…and hell, on the dairy, they laugh at your sunlight bullshit story too.

Ahh yes the extra long bootstraps of the industry everybody looks up to and is dying to be a part of....the grocery industry.

Look jackass, I didn't say people CAN'T do stuff like this.  They clearly have shown they can.  SHOULD they and is it really healthy is a whole different matter.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Ahh yes the extra long bootstraps of the industry everybody looks up to and is dying to be a part of....the grocery industry.

Look jackass, I didn't say people CAN'T do stuff like this.  They clearly have shown they can.  SHOULD they and is it really healthy is a whole different matter.  

So delicate.  I bet you love wearing your ‘I survived the time change’ T-shirt.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, clapclapclap said:

Don't worry, they'll probably move it to that next year, with the Snowflake Protection Act.

Yeah, it's the snowflakes who like to sleep till noon on their mom's couch and get an extra hour of sunlight for skateboarding before bed time.

I'm a night owl and hate morning people.  I also love to fish and wouldn't mind the extra hour of sleeping in.  I still think it's stupid to set clocks to make it dark outside till almost 10 in the morning in the winter.  For those who live in Texas, nighttime is the fucking best time because it cools down by a cunt hair.  Pushing that back is also really fucking stupid. 

Nothing good happens till the sun goes down anyway, why delay it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Proven to cause elevated rates of accidents and death = so delicate.  

The science is irrefutable.  Cancel Sunday night football and Wednesday night church. 

"The study from the study indicates that losing an hour of sleep can have a significant impact on the ability to make safe choices while behind the wheel."

https://www.phillypilaw.com/2021/03/15/car-accidents-daylight-saving-time/#:~:text=According to data from the,around 28 deaths each year.

Slorch          Slorch          Slorch         Slorch

Slorch      Slorch       Slorch       Slorch

Slorch    Slorch     Slorch     Slorch

Slorch   Slorch    Slorch    Slorch

Slorch Slorch  Slorch  Slorch

Slorch Slorch Slorch Slorch

Slorch Slorch Slorch Slorch

SlorchSlorchSlorchSlorch

SLOR SLOR SLOR SLOR SLOR SLORCH

SLORCH'D!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Yeah, it's the snowflakes who like to sleep till noon on their mom's couch and get an extra hour of sunlight for skateboarding before bed time.

I'm a night owl and hate morning people.  I also love to fish and wouldn't mind the extra hour of sleeping in.  I still think it's stupid to set clocks to make it dark outside till almost 10 in the morning in the winter.  For those who live in Texas, nighttime is the fucking best time because it cools down by a cunt hair.  Pushing that back is also really fucking stupid. 

Nothing good happens till the sun goes down anyway, why delay it?

that's it.  I'm definitely getting west side season tickets now.  6PM kicks will now be like 5PM kicks.

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The real issue is the current construct of time itself.  Fucking with clocks twice a year certainly exacerbates the problem but as somebody earlier said "time" used to be local....VERY local.  You got up with the sun, you generally started to shut it down when it was gone.  I think it's good to have one less variable but any decent sleep consultant/therapist will tell you it won't be healthy for folks to wake up and conform to being at work by 8am when it's still dark until 8:30am.  Goes against what the human animal is evolved (at this point) to do.  Late daylight fucks up little kids who need 12+ hours of sleep and how their parents treat said sleep schedule but it sounds like this thread has already agreed "fuck them kids"

This is going to be an improvement.  There will still be issues.  

What percentage of workers have a schedule where they are at work from eight to five or whatever a standard work day is when you factor in lunch? I would think that most of those jobs are professional exempt type jobs that are probably more common here, but not really representative of the entire workforce. The people complaining most about permanent daylight savings seem to come off as the elites (self styled in some cases) complaining that those who don't have the same schedule they do are catching a break. 

11 hours ago, slorch said:

The science is irrefutable.  Cancel Sunday night football and Wednesday night church. 

"The study from the study indicates that losing an hour of sleep can have a significant impact on the ability to make safe choices while behind the wheel."

https://www.phillypilaw.com/2021/03/15/car-accidents-daylight-saving-time/#:~:text=According to data from the,around 28 deaths each year.

If only we had a solution to allow someone to get their normal amount of sleep on the day the clock changes.

but seriously the real problem is the person who brags they survive on 5 hours of sleep. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If only we had a solution to allow someone to get their normal amount of sleep on the day the clock changes.

but seriously the real problem is the person who brags they survive on 5 hours of sleep. 

I also got a kick out of the fact that the first four or five results on the Google search of accident increases related to daylight savings time were ambulance chasing lawyer sites.  Never stop being who you are, motherfuckers. LO freaking L.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:02 PM, Samson's Wig said:

I like keeping it the same all year, but they're doing it backwards.  DST is fucking bullshit for anyone who has children or works a typical schedule for a living.  It doesn't need to be light outside at 9:30 at night.  And anyone who whines about how they like to mow their yard later in the evening can go fuck themselves for making a racket when everyone else is trying to relax. 

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

I like to mow my yard in the evening.....

tei GIF

When is the evening by the way?  Is it always 5:00-9:00p all year long?  Is it between end of business and sunset?  

150 years after railroads, clock synchronicity, timezones, and all that shit.  And we're still fucking undecided on all this shit.  

we should go to standard time not daylight savings time. I'm fine with it, but they should standardize with the rest of the world on standard time not some bullshit made up timezone. 

Absolutely mother fucking this. The only problem is most people are too damn ignorant to know which is which.

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

We should put some big ass mirrors on the west coast to allow us to have more sunlight all the time.

That could work, but have you not heard of Mirror Cancer?  It's just as deadly as Wind Cancer.  Then there's light cancer.  Unless of course, you inject it into the butt.