2023 DE Dylan Spencer

JFKFC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to bounce this back up.  While it's been a thrill ride since Arch came on board, I think it's important to note the first guy to hop on board.  Even more importantly the fact Dylan Spencer in one of the big dogs on D that we are desperate for here on the 40 acres.  Your commitment in March seems so long ago now.

So thanks Dylan for being the first man in the boat!  You have to be smiling now even more at the decision you made looking at all the talent that is coming in with you.  Work hard, get an education while you work hard physically, and let these next 4 years change the path of not only your life, but the lives of those closest to you.

Hook'em!  And thanks for being first.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Just wanted to bounce this back up.  While it's been a thrill ride since Arch came on board, I think it's important to note the first guy to hop on board.  Even more importantly the fact Dylan Spencer in one of the big dogs on D that we are desperate for here on the 40 acres.  Your commitment in March seems so long ago now.

So thanks Dylan for being the first man in the boat!  You have to be smiling now even more at the decision you made looking at all the talent that is coming in with you.  Work hard, get an education while you work hard physically, and let these next 4 years change the path of not only your life, but the lives of those closest to you.

Hook'em!  And thanks for being first.

You haven't had your morning coffee. Dylan Spencer was not the first commit in the class.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2023-Football/Commits/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know the true inside scoop, but when I saw he and his mom in the airport flying home from Lubbock this weekend, she said they loved Texas, but they are from a small town and Lubbock just felt more like home to him. Austin just seemed too large and busy. He's also got a teammate or two that also committed to Tech. 

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't know the true inside scoop, but when I saw he and his mom in the airport flying home from Lubbock this weekend, she said they loved Texas, but they are from a small town and Lubbock just felt more like home to him. Austin just seemed too large and busy. He's also got a teammate or two that also committed to Tech. 

What?

AAFA77C4-1C71-4B16-8973-80567DD5EEF3.jpeg

don't care a kid decommitted from us, it happens. go where you think you'll do the best, and I can't fault you for that. However, I do find it a bit shitty that he didn't even decommit. Probably a dumb thing to be hung up on but whatever.

I think this may be a clue to what the Texas coaches told him. Don’t need to decommit from a class that no longer includes you.
  • Hook 'Em 2