2022 StL Cardinals Thread of Domination

Beau Vine

This front office is a fucking beating.  So they finally decide to send DeJong to Memphis, but instead of bring up Gorman, they opt for Kramer Robertson.  Who the fuck is Kramer Robertson, you ask?  Well, he's a 27 year old that's been tearing it up in Memphis hitting .225 with 3 home runs and an OBP of .380.  DeJong will probably hit .400 in Memphis and pop 15 home runs in 2 weeks and they'll bring back up so that he can resume his flirtation with the Mendoza line.

17 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

So they finally decide to send DeJong to Memphis, but instead of bring up Gorman, they opt for Kramer Robertson.  Who the fuck is Kramer Robertson, you ask?  Well, he's a 27 year old that's been tearing it up in Memphis hitting .225 with 3 home runs and an OBP of .380.

Take it you don't watch much CWS? His mother got more camera time than he did back in his LSU days. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Mulkey

26 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

.. and another tidbit … the St Louis Browns relocated to Baltimore in 1953 and became the Orioles.

My Dad (b. 1922 St. Louis) was a Depression-era member of the "Knothole Gang", which consisted of poor kids who watched Browns & Cardinals games through the outfield fence at Sportsman's Park.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I must have misheard the comment.  Yesterday’s game was the first Baltimore played in the new Busch Stadium that opened in 2006.

I assumed you were right.  Just saw it in the dispatch this morning. 

13 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Wondered about that, too.  But, did the O’s make the pitching change after Dickerson was announced?

I don't see how.  The lefty pitcher started the inning.  He was out there warming up during the break.

19 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Was fun watching Pujols pitch until he started giving up multiple bombs. 

Also, how a MLB player like Gonzalez throws in the 40's vexes me.   

I was expecting to see the Cardinal batters get in the back of the box and then do the shuffle/slide up in the box like they do in softball.

• 2 weeks later...

Goldy is on a different planet right now.   Fun to watch.   The 14 games after the Miami series are going to be tough. Phillies without harper helps a bit. If we go above .500 in that stretch that's good baseball. 

And Flaherty is made of glass and popsicle sticks.