2022 StL Cardinals Thread of Domination

Beau Vine

On 6/26/2022 at 7:43 PM, Lowcountry Hog said:

Today was the worst loss of the year by a landslide 

It don't make a shit.

BTW, am I imagining things, or is Edmonds wearing on Danny Mac to the point that DM is getting slightly hostile with him?

Good quote from Edmonds last night

I'm paraphrasing, but:  You can't get it close if you don't score any runs.

Then when they were talking about the likelihood of some coach in Arenado's past telling him to stop being Nolan, Edmonds says something like "well, coaches tell elite athletes that all the time!  I had a coach tell me..."

He just likes to talk about himself.

Edited by You don't know me

The wheels are fucking falling off and Oli gives Paul a day off (OK) and puts Pujols in the lineup at 1B AGAINST A RIGHTY.  FUUUUUUUCK!!!

5 thru 9 in the lineup today are all batting below .200.  Look at this shit:

image.png.16f3408e0b3f57d15c95b3cdd598e546.png

Edited by Beau Vine

I can't really fault him for giving Pujols a start yesterday since Philly was going with a bullpen game. 

I also won't fault Oli for much.  I place the blame entirely on Mo.  He just pisses me off.  When he talks, the inflection of his voice always rises at the end of a statement, like he's asking a question.  Girsch does the same thing and it annoys the shit out of me.  It sounds like neither of them actually know what they are talking about.  Oh, and they suck at their jobs.  I don't know if the fault lies with Mo or the DeWitts, but Mo just irritates me.

Sorry to hear that.  I'm not sure I've ever been to a game that was rained out.  I grew up 100 miles from StL so we were pretty careful not to make that drive if the weather looked sketchy.

I can't believe this team is a half game out of first at the break.  I saw a stat that claimed 70% of their remaining games are against sub-0.500 teams, so they might actually have a shot.

Well, I don't think he puts them into WS level. I don't like the idea of trading away all of your best prospects for Soto. They would have him for the remainder of this season and then 2 more. I don't see them paying him what he can get in free agency, so it just doesn't seem smart to me. Therefore, Mo will make the deal.

• Rage+1 1

On August 13, the Cardinals will be hosting the Brewers, and also celebrating the 40th anniversary of the 1982 World Series championship.  The list of expected attendees is awesome:

Whitey Herzog, Ozzie Smith, Bruce Sutter, Jim Kaat, Willie McGee, Keith Hernandez, Tom Herr, Steve Mura, John Stuper, Dave LaPoint, Doug Bair, Ken Oberkfell, Mike Ramsey, Dane Iorg, Steve Braun, Glenn Brummer, Gene Roof, John Martin, Jeff Lahti, Jeff Keener, Mark Littell, Eric Rasmussen, Buddy Bates, CJ Cherre and Frank Coppenbarger

If I weren't flying to NYC the next morning I'd be there, especially since my hero Mike Ramsey is expected to show (hey to @Beau Vine).

No Ted Simmons (who was playing for Milwaukee by then).  RIP Darrell Porter.

1982 WS celebration

Edited by jimmyjazz

I dont give a shit a out Soto. You can get Soto trout and judge and you still have a starting pitching staff being held together with popsicle sticks and duct tape. I think Gorman and (maybe) Carlson are future stars. Winn could be as well. 

Cards have the 13th highest payroll in the majors. Spend some money and get a couple guys that can start for the rest of the year. Even if they are rentals. Matz injury sucks, but I have no faith in Flaherty ever. He is the rgb3 of baseball. Glass jaw, arm, elbow, whatever. Then go all in on getting some more starting pitching in the off season. Because as good as the cards are at finding and developing position players they clearly suck at doing the same thing with pitchers. 

T1!

I didn't want to jinx it earlier, but the afternoon win really felt like a wakeup win.  

Stroman was killing everyone, and then a couple of guys decided Fuck Him, We're Not Losing.  And then the next couple of guys bought in and took big swings and hit the ball hard.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I sincerely hope y’all win 15-0 tomorrow. Montgomery vs the absolute dogshit pitcher Cashman thought could replace him. The whole world will see how goddamn stupid of a GM he is. 

I’m hearing Bader may not be ready for the start of next season even. Just an unreal trade. Easily the most nonsensical in history.