2022 StL Cardinals Thread of Domination

Beau Vine

Up 2, can't argue with that.  Still #29 on schedule strength going forward (54 games @ 0.457 composite opponents).  Dodgers (0.692) the toughest left, and then the Braves (0.582) and the Padres (0.555).  Put more succinctly, 9 games against teams with better records, 45 games against teams with worse records, including 7 against the Brewers, which should go a long way towards determining the NL Central title.

O-Cedar Heavy Duty Corn Broom | Commercial-Grade Indoor and Outdoor Broom to Sweep & Clean Hard Floors| Sturdy Wooden Handle for Strength & Durability, Yellow, Black, 1 Count 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm becoming grunted with the moves at the deadline.  Both pitchers look good so far. Goldy and arenado is a helluva 1-2 punch and I can't believe dejong. He looks nothing like the guy that got sent down in May. 

As much as I'm going to miss Bader if Montgomery is as good as he's looked in the first 2 starts it was probably worth it. 

I took the boys to the game last night. I was really looking forward to seeing the players and Whitey. I am afraid that Ken Oberkfell won't be with us much longer. He was still involved in professional baseball just a few years ago. Last night, he looked like the oldest person in the group. 66 years old and looked way older than Whitey. It took a couple of people several minutes to get him out of the vehicle that they brought him in. It also took quite a while to get him situated in a chair. He mostly kept his head down looking at the ground the entire ceremony.

Might not take this game or series, but I love this team.  Arenado cranks a 2-run HR to left, Goldie waits at home plate, and they do a basic handshake, pat on the back.  Pure business, none of the choreographed jackassery seen all too often (and sometimes in StL).

Edited by jimmyjazz

42 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

Hudson is just bad.

I think that might have been it for him in the rotation.  I'd like to think that's why he was allowed to go out in the 5th, as kind of a last chance.  The other alternative is that Oli can't manage pitchers for shit, which is probably more plausible.  

Maybe they just piggyback him on Flaherty?

I think that might have been it for him in the rotation.  I'd like to think that's why he was allowed to go out in the 5th, as kind of a last chance.  The other alternative is that Oli can't manage pitchers for shit, which is probably more plausible.  
Maybe they just piggyback him on Flaherty?

Not sure where I read or heard, but they may go with a 6 man rotation. I would prefer that they go with 5 provided that Flaherty is better than Hudson. I hate the idea of Hudson starting any games the rest of the way.

The Cardinals are 6.5 games ahead of the Brewers, with a half dozen series to go before we get the Dodgers.  Neither STL or MIL faces a murderer's row in that timeframe, and there are a pair of games between the two clubs. 

Here's my attempt at assessing the two teams' schedule strength over the next 6 series (Cardinals 0.424, Brewers 0.488), with no attempt to account for home/away:

image.png.94b19b219a86610e76c5cf20eca52367.png