2022 StL Cardinals Thread of Domination

Beau Vine

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Waino coming back. I’m indifferent if it causes issues signing guys.

I think he should have gone out with yadi. Will be weird seeing him pitch to someone else next year.   But,  he's not taking a ton of money (10 million is deferred) and mo said they are going to significantly up the payroll. So we will see. I love waino and I know he's disappointed in the how the season ended. I just hope he has a much left in the tank as he says he does. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????

Why couldn't it have been Jim Edmonds????????

https://redbirdrants.com/2022/12/06/st-louis-cardinals-dan-mclaughlin-charged-dwi/

Danny and Brad in the booth together are great.  Surely they can't keep Danny after this, right?  

19 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about Contreras.  I'll let you all know next fall.

I feel good that I'm going to spend far less time screaming "PINCH HITTER!!!" at the TV whenever our catcher comes to bat late in a close game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Capn81 said:

He looked good today. Hopefully, he does not give Mo and Co a reason to keep him down in the minors to start the year.

Oh sure...

He could hit .500 with 20 HRs this spring and they'll send him down.  And everyone will know exactly why and be OK with it somehow.

Oh sure...
He could hit .500 with 20 HRs this spring and they'll send him down.  And everyone will know exactly why and be OK with it somehow.

To be honest, I feel like they want him up this spring. It kinda of feels as if they want O’Neil and Carlson to battle. And then move on from one of them during the season.

I don't see any scenario where Walker breaks camp on the big league roster.  This team just doesn't do that.

ETA:  But Dejong will.  It's a mystery.  I saw a tweet the other day about how Dejong was hitting balls all the way to just shy of the warning track.  Holy shit, that's amazing.  He was hitting fly outs.

Edited by You don't know me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Walker is not helping himself out at the moment. I heard on the Locked on pod that he is 1 for 18 hitting lefties this spring training. That might just be the ammo needed to send him down.

I guess he hit over 300 against lefties all last year, but still hit 280 or so against lefties.