2022 StL Cardinals Thread of Domination

Beau Vine

That’s fucking insane in this day and age of a pitcher maybe starting 30 games a season if they’re lucky plus constant attrition.   Nevermind the century old practice of giving the catcher a day or two a week off of work.  Wow. Had no idea.  What a cool record for them To set.  Being from Chicago; fuck the cardinals.  But much respect on this particular record.  

• Like 1

213 wins too?  .655 winning percentage when those two just have one pitch together to start the game?  Fucking amazing.  Why I love this game.  Had no idea it was gonna happen/did happen until this thread and between last night and this morning, been down a buncha baseball rabbit holes.  It's not just the longevity and success of the two players, and how 5 and even 6 man rotations are the norm plus catcher rest, but that two guys played for the same club for so long.  Free agency alone will cause this to never happen again, ever.  And to go 213-112 together, that's insane.  

325 of his 387 starts came with the same catcher?  And Wainwright pretty much missed three full seasons, I dunno what to say. 

I only took notice of it to see where Pujols stood on 700.  But a tip of my cubs cap to these two cards.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Why are the bases 90 feet apart?

And why does Radio Shack ask for your address when you buy batteries?  

Although it's called the Knickerbocker rule, my baseball-as-religion belief is that like many things in the game...it is based on the holy trinity.  So much of the game is based on 3's.  As such...Thirty yards. 

On 9/18/2022 at 4:13 PM, StassneyHorn said:

My eyes suck. I though he got hit by the ball going home. No more Pink Whitney’s 

I mean this article isn't referencing the play you are questioning. The runner did get hit. But there are different rules home to first and third to home. The baserunner can establish his own line as long as he isn't avoiding the tag. This was a throw. Not a tag. It was great baserunning. Bad defense. And completely legal. 

1 hour ago, pops said:

This apple TV shit can suck my dick. Mlb has the best streaming software in sports and I've had to sign in 3 times to my apple account because it keeps signing out automatically. Fuck this shit. 

Mine kind of glitches about 4-5 per minute.  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Despite the insiputable truth that the Cardinals are second only to the Yankees in World Series titles, despite the long history of players joining the club and testifying to the greatness of the local baseball vibe, "baseball" writ large will continue to assert that St. Louis is just another fanbase, no better, no worse, no more intelligent or devoted than any other.

And "baseball" would be wrong.  St. Louis is the best baseball city on the planet, and not by any small margin.

• Hook 'Em 1