Moderating the moderators

Generally the mods here do a pretty good job, as much as one can while trying to keep politics from poisoning the rest of the high-level discourse that takes place here, and they should be commended for that. But who among us hasn't wondered how *their* motives affect the course of discussion on this site? After all, it is incredibly naive to think the people running this place have no agenda at all. 

We all know that, to the untrained eye, a crab person can pass for a non-crab person with impunity--unless a crab person is outed by another crab person, it is generally impossible to identify the crab people who live among us and therefore shape our discourse. It is more than remarkable, then, that we have very, very few threads here exposing the existence of said crab people, which begs the question: Are some of the mods here, in fact, crab people who are using their positions of power to control the discourse of non-crab (regular human) people, thus stifling any discussion of how our society has been infiltrated and how the institutions we used to trust have been usurped?

I am certain this thread will be quickly removed--after all, the only way to quash the discussion about the hegemonic power the crab people have over previously-free men is to disallow discussion of the subject and disavow even the existence of crab people.

Their infiltration of mainstream message board culture has ensured a long term feedback loop: posters make posts about how there are crab people among us > crab people in the ruling elite place their subordinates into positions of power > posts are removed > crab people remain in power unscathed.

I believe it is important, at the very least, to insist that this site's moderators prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that they are not crab people. I am open to ideas on how this might be accomplished.  At the very least I believe we should require each user and moderator to sign a legally-binding document stating that they are not, in fact, a crab person, under penalty of perjury as laid out in the Rome Statutes of 1966.

though we know the crab people will lie--they are dirty liars first and foremost as it is part of their dna (read the study's and do your own research) we can use that legal framework against them once we find a non-crab person who can determine whether another person is a crab person or not. The technology is rapidly being enhanced, so crab people should be terrified--and my sources say they are.

So i ask you now, moderators: It is time to prove to us you are not crab people, and if you cannot, you must be removed and quarantined so that you can no longer poison our thoughts, destroy our sacred institutions, and impregnate our fertile, blossoming daughters.

What say you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

I was a crab person until there was a shortage of crab. $75 for a half pound of king crab at TLC the other day. We opted for the shrimp boil instead. My son was sad but he learned a lesson, there’s always a price for crab and sometimes it’s too high. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

I was a crab person until there was a shortage of crab. $75 for a half pound of king crab at TLC the other day. We opted for the shrimp boil instead. My son was sad but he learned a lesson, there’s always a price for crab and sometimes it’s too high. 

I was a more of a lobster person, till I got a shellfish allergy.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, troph said:

image.png.0984e6e683a978b47be29fb6df1e3a81.png

Edited by royiv
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, Ignatius Reilly said:

Generally the mods here do a pretty good job, as much as one can while trying to keep politics from poisoning the rest of the high-level discourse that takes place here, and they should be commended for that. But who among us hasn't wondered how *their* motives affect the course of discussion on this site? After all, it is incredibly naive to think the people running this place have no agenda at all. 

We all know that, to the untrained eye, a crab person can pass for a non-crab person with impunity--unless a crab person is outed by another crab person, it is generally impossible to identify the crab people who live among us and therefore shape our discourse. It is more than remarkable, then, that we have very, very few threads here exposing the existence of said crab people, which begs the question: Are some of the mods here, in fact, crab people who are using their positions of power to control the discourse of non-crab (regular human) people, thus stifling any discussion of how our society has been infiltrated and how the institutions we used to trust have been usurped?

I am certain this thread will be quickly removed--after all, the only way to quash the discussion about the hegemonic power the crab people have over previously-free men is to disallow discussion of the subject and disavow even the existence of crab people.

Their infiltration of mainstream message board culture has ensured a long term feedback loop: posters make posts about how there are crab people among us > crab people in the ruling elite place their subordinates into positions of power > posts are removed > crab people remain in power unscathed.

I believe it is important, at the very least, to insist that this site's moderators prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that they are not crab people. I am open to ideas on how this might be accomplished.  At the very least I believe we should require each user and moderator to sign a legally-binding document stating that they are not, in fact, a crab person, under penalty of perjury as laid out in the Rome Statutes of 1966.

though we know the crab people will lie--they are dirty liars first and foremost as it is part of their dna (read the study's and do your own research) we can use that legal framework against them once we find a non-crab person who can determine whether another person is a crab person or not. The technology is rapidly being enhanced, so crab people should be terrified--and my sources say they are.

So i ask you now, moderators: It is time to prove to us you are not crab people, and if you cannot, you must be removed and quarantined so that you can no longer poison our thoughts, destroy our sacred institutions, and impregnate our fertile, blossoming daughters.

What say you?

I say you owe every fucking one of us a Lucky Dog.

• Haha 1

@immamacI understand why you locked the Lia Thomas thread. I think. If my thinking is correct you didn’t want to risk reputation with troph saying she was out of the thread, staying to neg everyone that had the slightest bit of disagreement with her / Thomas’ decision to race, and then some crude language with respect to Thomas anatomy. Am I right?

6 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

@immamacI understand why you locked the Lia Thomas thread. I think. If my thinking is correct you didn’t want to risk reputation with troph saying she was out of the thread, staying to neg everyone that had the slightest bit of disagreement with her / Thomas’ decision to race, and then some crude language with respect to Thomas anatomy. Am I right?

Typical from their kind

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Says the guy that had the moderators delete his previous account.

Yeah I did. I got into a pissing match with imma the person who threw a fit on the thread I’m talking about. 

On 3/16/2022 at 8:19 AM, troph said:

Find a gas station near you that uses Cash-Wa as its food supplier. Tip the cashier or manager $20 to order for you a 20/lb box of crab legs. 

20 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Find a gas station near you that uses Cash-Wa as its food supplier. Tip the cashier or manager $20 to order for you a 20/lb box of crab legs. 

Giving several hundred dollars to a gas station manager to buy crab seems like a fool-proof plan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5