Moderating the moderators

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The "bait and report" tactic gets annoying.

Right? Airing grievances and then crying CR when pressed for specifics is lame. Doubly so when the specifics that are brought up when challenged aren't based in a complete set of facts and are party platform talking points

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The "bait and report" tactic gets annoying.

Especially annoying when the culprit is bringing make believe russian propaganda bullshit all over the thread.  How a person can be that big of a fucking idiot is unreal.  

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, elfenix said:

watching people who constantly post political grievance whine about getting baited into politics

So you admit that CR fuckheads attempt to bait posters into political arguments and lure them into the CR.  Got it.

Also, nobody was "baited" they're complaining about a typical CR fuckhead was attempting point number one.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

45 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Especially annoying when the culprit is bringing make believe russian propaganda bullshit all over the thread.  How a person can be that big of a fucking idiot is unreal.  

My dude, I was citing US intelligence. Not my feelings, not what """people are saying""". I provided a specific example and backed my claim with factual reporting.

Likewise with @Wulaw Horn grievance posting I provided specific examples to debunk his talking points and fill in the missing context he omitted. Go figure that he omitted that the """conservative censorship""" was over repeated violations of COVID disinformation and outright racism - both of which are applicable to all other users. Likewise as well with his reference to parler getting removed from AWS - it had nothing to do with a political disagreement or censorship, and everything to do with routinely breaking their acceptable use policy and stating an intention to continue to ignore the platform AUP.

42 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Actual facts = CR Kryptonite

Sure, bud.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

So you admit that CR fuckheads attempt to bait posters into political arguments and lure them into the CR.  Got it.

Also, nobody was "baited" they're complaining about a typical CR fuckhead was attempting point number one.

no, i admit you're whining.

• Hook 'Em 4

So Hunters laptop is fake, sure bud.  Let me give you some other "real" facts.

Biden walked 17,000 miles across the Himalayas with the Dali Lama himself

Current inflation is the fault of the Russians.  Damn those Russians are at it again!!

Shortages are the fault of the Russians.  Dammit again!!

Hunter Biden didn't smoke crack, those pics are fake.

Joe Biden graduated top in his class at law school

Joe Biden was a professor at Penn.

Pee tapes were real, dammit.

Edited by immamac
going unhinged is a good way to earn a vaction
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 5
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:

no, i admit you're whining.

1 minute ago, Moby Ric said:

Current inflation is the fault of the Russians.  Damn those Russians are at it again!!

Just now, Moby Ric said:

You misspelled winning.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Those folks don't want have that discussion and won't move it to CR. They'll lob partisan grievances in DT threads, and then cry when it's pointed out that their grievances are purely partisan in nature, and not actually supported by the full context and facts. And pointing this out, as we saw in that thread according to cheeseweasel is "trolling".

After enough posts of not letting a bad point stand, @blacklab comes through and deletes everything and leaves a threatening post saying "CR BAD!", only perpetuating the mindset of CR being nothing but shitslinging.

But keep in mind, if nobody had challenged the narrative of "twitter is censoring conservatives!" then no action would have been taken, and that would be the framing for the thread moving forward. Because as we just saw, you're not allowed to challenge a flawed framing, otherwise @blacklab will give you a timeout.

Well cheeseweasel is an idiot, so….

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

You're such an incredibly fragile little pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

going unhinged is going to become a new rule to getting banned - I don't have the energy to deal with people who just go into fully tantrum level meltdowns 

Maybe include the trolls that provoke them too. Seems like a few people around here get off on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not an unhinged or tantrum post at all.  Just the mods showing his bias. I sent him a well deserved profanity laced email saying as much.  CR glue sniffers hate being exposed on crap they believe, especially when it is a dumb as the list I posted above.  So they report it, neg it, then the mods come to their rescue while they go hide and drift back off to fantasyland.  Right Captainant.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 5

On 4/14/2022 at 3:51 PM, Moby Ric said:

crossposting to this thread too:

On the other side of the work day now, it's fun to revisit the origin of the hunter biden laptop story and what exactly you and annie are defending as a story that should be taken seriously. The dude who gave guliani the unauthenticated "copy" of the hard drive gave quite an interesting interview in which he invoked the Seth Rich conspiracy and referred to rudy as a "lifeguard" who could look out for him because he was scared for his life. Nevermind the coordinated lock-step effort with the trump campaign to amplify the story and integrate it into their campaign.

So in fairness to annie and @Moby Ric, perhaps it is hyperbolic to think it's russian disinformation - but that sure as shit seems like disinformation and fabricated to me. 

But on the other hand, knowing what we know about the trump campaign knowingly benefitting from russian interference (according to the GOP led senate), his actions in Ukraine to blackmail Zelensky into corrupt actions to create dirt on Hunter Biden for his campaign, and trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort's frequent patronage from russian oligarchs to fuck with Ukraine just like how trump did.... 

Either way - if you believe that rudy guliani is an honest person and that everything in his story adds up to something that definitely happened and is credible, I don't think I'm going to be able to reason you out of that position. I genuinely can't see it as anything but a disinformation campaign. It certainly isn't something that should be taken seriously or cited as an unfairly censored story, despite what you read on nationalreview or breitbart.

As to the rest of the post

Steve Brule What GIF

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Not an unhinged or tantrum post at all.  Just the mods showing his bias. I sent him a well deserved profanity laced email saying as much.  CR glue sniffers hate being exposed on crap they believe, especially when it is a dumb as the list I posted above.  So they report it, neg it, then the mods come to their rescue while they go hide and drift back off to fantasyland.  Right Captainant.

Blacklab gives more timeouts and moves posts out of DT than probably all the others combined and he is no leftist

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

You are such a fragile little pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/18/2022 at 5:37 PM, Captainant said:

crossposting to this thread too:

On the other side of the work day now, it's fun to revisit the origin of the hunter biden laptop story and what exactly you and annie are defending as a story that should be taken seriously. The dude who gave guliani the unauthenticated "copy" of the hard drive gave quite an interesting interview in which he invoked the Seth Rich conspiracy and referred to rudy as a "lifeguard" who could look out for him because he was scared for his life. Nevermind the coordinated lock-step effort with the trump campaign to amplify the story and integrate it into their campaign.

So in fairness to annie and @Moby Ric, perhaps it is hyperbolic to think it's russian disinformation - but that sure as shit seems like disinformation and fabricated to me. 

But on the other hand, knowing what we know about the trump campaign knowingly benefitting from russian interference (according to the GOP led senate), his actions in Ukraine to blackmail Zelensky into corrupt actions to create dirt on Hunter Biden for his campaign, and trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort's frequent patronage from russian oligarchs to fuck with Ukraine just like how trump did.... 

Either way - if you believe that rudy guliani is an honest person and that everything in his story adds up to something that definitely happened and is credible, I don't think I'm going to be able to reason you out of that position. I genuinely can't see it as anything but a disinformation campaign. It certainly isn't something that should be taken seriously or cited as an unfairly censored story, despite what you read on nationalreview or breitbart.

As to the rest of the post

Steve Brule What GIF

Crab people are masters of deception! They will take a true story--that Hunter Biden's laptop is real--and conflate it with a lie (by saying it contains *evidence* of a crime that does not exist), thereby making the statement "hunter's laptop is real" *true,* in the strictest interpretation and *disinformation* in the most liberal.

This is one of the Crab Peoples' oldest tricks

Edited by Ignatius Reilly
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 4/27/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ignatius Reilly said:

Crab people are masters of deception! They will take a true story--that Hunter Biden's laptop is real--and conflate it with a lie (by saying it contains *evidence* of a crime that does not exist), thereby making the statement "hunter's laptop is real" *true,* in the strictest interpretation and *disinformation* in the most liberal.

This is one of the Crab Peoples' oldest tricks

Yep.

At its root is the knowledge they have chosen poorly, compounded by the self-deception that ultimately it does not matter.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:31 PM, dcbc said:

True story.  I, once, at 2 a.m., purchased and consumed a crawfish meat pie from a Natchitoches gas station.  Still here.

Natchitoches crawfish meat pie?  No worries.  Likely awesome.  

Topeka crawfish pie?????

Your pants will have more shit than Johnny Depp’s bed after Amber finds nudes on his phone. 

• Haha 5

• 2 months later...

moving it to a more appropriate thread...

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

I'm not sure why you are being so obtuse. This thread is for news about this event. If you want to discuss the causes and political choices that have been made to allow this to happen you can discuss it in the cloak room. Tweets like yours above that are directly related to this are fine.

Someone came in and posted their opinions about gun control, about making it harder to get guns, which I am 100% in favor of, but I don't want 40 posts following it of "2nd amendment", "bear arms", "definition of militia" and other shit that is universal and not tied to this. I want to come to this thread and read about news about this event, not have to wade through the exact same shit that happens on every thread relating to a gun. If I wanted to read about that I'd find the appropriate thread in CR. 

Just seems a bit like hornsfans rules lol. "I know the team is making mistakes, but I'm tired of hearing about them so you can ONLY talk about the plays on the field. No criticism of the coaching allowed! If I wanted to hear criticisms, I'd listen to the radio. I came to this thread to read about the game stats, not read about how greg davis is not our standard."

It's taking an active stance in your moderation to prohibit any discussion of how to prevent future tragedy. It kills any discussion in which the two sides are "maybe we should have more laws to prevent dangerous people from getting guns" and "a five minute wait to get a gun is tyranny".

You tell me which side you really think your message board should be giving cover to. Because if you want to talk about how to not have as many kids turned into corpses, you're apparently being political and should leave?

You are free to have those discussions in CR. We are not preventing you from discussing anything.

I'm sorry we as a website can't meet your needs. 90% of the site agrees with me and would prefer news in DT and opinions in CR. There is a grey area and I and the other moderators try our best to separate those out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, blacklab said:

You are free to have those discussions in CR. We are not preventing you from discussing anything.

I'm sorry we as a website can't meet your needs. 90% of the site agrees with me and would prefer news in DT and opinions in CR. There is a grey area and I and the other moderators try our best to separate those out. 

lmfao yeah that poll during the George Floyd riots after the police murdered Floyd and lied to the country about it for months, shocked that the site wanted to ignore the summer of police love and bury the brutality that was happening across the state and in Austin at the time. 

I gotta hand it to you, it certainly is convenient to label anything that makes you feel uncomfortable as "political" and then declare it as CR. Great strategy to poll it when you did - it's a strong datapoint to support turning off your critical thinking when moderating sensitive issues.

There is a handful of posters who insist that EVERYTHING is political if you want to discuss it thoroughly. For most folks, that simply isn't true.

Is it really that fucking difficult to discuss a topic without waving your political flag?  You have a written invitation to discuss it on the board, yet you're salty about it.

Go start the thread and discuss...