2022 Surly Roto League

txhorns

ok - so i woke up to this trade - some wires obviously got crossed.  we're not trying to trade 3 healthy hitters (shit as they may be) for two injured pitchers.  there were apparently 1 (or more) hitters supposedly coming back, but the app can be a little wonky on trades.

for all i know, this may have been ambien (or something) induced, but we would like it rescinded if possible.

please do what you can to reverse it, and we'll be more careful in the future.

apologies, @VolenteHawk

thanks @txhorns

47 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok - so i woke up to this trade - some wires obviously got crossed.  we're not trying to trade 3 healthy hitters (shit as they may be) for two injured pitchers.  there were apparently 1 (or more) hitters supposedly coming back, but the app can be a little wonky on trades.

for all i know, this may have been ambien (or something) induced, but we would like it rescinded if possible.

please do what you can to reverse it, and we'll be more careful in the future.

apologies, @VolenteHawk

thanks @txhorns

I will check tonight and see if I can override it.  In the meantime everyone just vote no on it.

• Like 1

yeah, this is my bad guys. i'm the one who sent the offer, and i definitely wasn't trying to send three healthy guys for two injured guys. hopefully the other offers i sent will kind of show that this isn't what i was going for. ive sent a lot of shitty offers in my time, but this is a first. apologies for that. 

Edited by shadow_operative

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

I had already voted yes this morning. Not sure I can revote

Voted yes earlier as well. For the record, two sides agree makes it sound like a completed trade occurred. Sounds like one partner on a two man team didn’t like the deal after it was completed. Don’t know that I’ve seen one get canceled after the fact.

Edited by Brew
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Brew said:

Voted yes earlier as well. For the record, two sides agree makes it sound like a completed trade occurred. Sounds like one partner on a two man team didn’t like the deal after it was completed. Don’t know that I’ve seen one get canceled after the fact.

if that's what the league feels needs to be done, that's obviously the way it'll go.  you guys decide.

7 hours ago, Brew said:

Also what it sounds like to me, but for the record I'm an "all trades go through unless there is collusion" guy...so I'm admittedly strongly biased to not reversing.

I'll ultimately abide by what the league decides, of course.

It's been a few years since I've done fantasy baseball. In football you can overreact to everything and lots of times it works out just fine. I forgot that in baseball I just have to sit here and watch my dudes all OPS .350 for the entire month of April.

• Like 1

The past two years with injuries is just stupid.  

My latest fun one is Haniger being out like 2 weeks with COVID then comes back finally, goes 1-1 and fucks up his ankle.  Now on 10 day IL.   So I go pick up Kyle Garlick.....he starts yesterday for my first game with him and he goes 1-1 and fucks up his calf and is now DTD at this point.  

I posted it on the league message board awhile back. 

spy - stupid names
Scraps - Manfred
HG/Derka - Come on & Party
txhorns - Ninja Warriors
castolon - Needville Swamp Things
Brew - Whybrew
VolenteHawk - Quahog Drunken Clams
Capn81 - Bauer's Illegal Substance
Henry Hill - Pachuca Sunrise
tokamak - guess

Capn has since changed to Capn Crunch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

whenever we send out trade offers and there's no response it's hard to know if it's being "rejected" or if it's just unseen. i'd ask that anyone who receives an offer from us that they don't like to reject the offer so that we can move on to tiger trade offers, please and thank you. 🙏🏼 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1