2022 Surly Roto League

txhorns

I’ve sat Tyler Mahle most of the year, rightfully so. Almost posted that he was available earlier this week because his last 3 starts were solid (17.1 IP, 5 ER, 18 K), but never got around to it. Finally put him back in tonight, fucking rocked again. 
Stupid game. 
Well hey i dropped Jansen today because I didn't like he was getting a lot of time off since coming back....2 bombs. Great move

Personally I love all the trade activity, this is one of the more active leagues I’ve been in trade-wise. A lot of times you draft and then the league goes silent and that’s it.

Whoever keeps sending me all these wild 3-for-1 deals though (I have no idea who anyone is), you gotta keep in mind it’s not just your 3 guys for my 1 guy, it’s 3 for 1 plus whatever 2 guys I have to drop to make room. Usually I like those 2 guys, that’s why they’re on my roster. I reject a lot of offers for that reason. 

So who else had their finger hovering over the add button on Grayson? He's obviously way too good for AAA and that really seemed like it might be his last start there. They're being really fucking coy about what the injury actually is, too, which does not seem like a good sign at all. Super shitty turn of events for the Orioles and my fantasy team.

On 6/4/2022 at 9:07 AM, tokamak said:

Personally I love all the trade activity, this is one of the more active leagues I’ve been in trade-wise. A lot of times you draft and then the league goes silent and that’s it.

Whoever keeps sending me all these wild 3-for-1 deals though (I have no idea who anyone is), you gotta keep in mind it’s not just your 3 guys for my 1 guy, it’s 3 for 1 plus whatever 2 guys I have to drop to make room. Usually I like those 2 guys, that’s why they’re on my roster. I reject a lot of offers for that reason. 

that's probably me. i understand that you'll have to drop some guys if you accept a 3 for 1, so it's more my way of showing you who we're interested in all in one fell swoop, even if that deal itself isn't manageable. feel free to shoot back a counter or two if we have anyone who you like. 

so giolito, who we benched today for obvious reasons, is somehow undroppable.  i assume it's because he was selected 34th by the team who eventually traded him to us in the controversial late night derka deal.

he's trash and i would like to drop him.  how does this work?

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so giolito, who we benched today for obvious reasons, is somehow undroppable.  i assume it's because he was selected 34th by the team who eventually traded him to us in the controversial late night derka deal.

he's trash and i would like to drop him.  how does this work?

They update the undroppables list throughout the year based on performance. At least I think they do - I know Yahoo does.

Until they take them off that list, your only move is to bench him or trade him.

Just now, tokamak said:

They update the undroppables list throughout the year based on performance. At least I think they do - I know Yahoo does.

Until they take them off that list, your only move is to bench him or trade him.

i would do a bullshit trade and have someone else drop him, but clearly that designation is attached to him.  

On 6/25/2022 at 2:05 PM, tokamak said:

Put Javier on the bench today @NYY and he literally fucking no hit them for 7 innings. 

yeah, you can never bench your horses, regardless of opposition. javier has been an absolute anchor on your squad for (checks notes) 2 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, you can never bench your horses, regardless of opposition. javier has been an absolute anchor on your squad for (checks notes) 2 weeks. 

Well the other day I started Kershaw in Coors and of course he got roughed up. 

It’s like the stock market. Whatever move I make, it’s gonna be wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...