Earthquake!

DDD Dad

I am so tired of this 2022 edition of sim city and someone forgetting to turn  the damn disasters off.

we have a pandemic

a war in europe

nuke plants under war  fire

and now.... now we have fucking earthquakes in Japan

if this generates a tsunami headed to the nuke plant again.... i quit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am so tired of this 2022 edition of sim city and someone forgetting to turn  the damn disasters off.

we have a pandemic

a war in europe

Bitch please.....this decade is just getting STARTED.  We haven't even gotten to the supervolcanoes and alien invasion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

we have a pandemic

a war in europe

7.3 is several orders of magnitude below the prior Fukushima earthquake.  Hopefully no tsunamis, but still unnerving.

Edited by DDD Dad

14 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

we have a pandemic

a war in europe

10 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

7.3 is several orders of magnitude below the prior Fukushima earthquake.  Hopefully no tsunamis, but still unnerving.

Y’all just find shit to be sad about. Live your life. We are all going to die. Sorry but those are facts. Believe in Heaven or Hell or don’t. Believe there is reincarnation or don’t. We all are going to bite it. Hiding from it and being scared of it is getting regarded at this point. Bunch of middle aged guys with kids freaking the fuck out. Life goes on with or without us. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Y’all just find shit to be sad about. Live your life. We are all going to die. Sorry but those are facts. Believe in Heaven or Hell or don’t. Believe there is reincarnation or don’t. We all are going to bite it. Hiding from it and being scared of it is getting regarded at this point. Bunch of middle aged guys with kids freaking the fuck out. Life goes on with or without us. 

ukraine war has gotten you a little nihilistic. step away from the computer for a few days.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Building structures that don’t collapse during earthquakes is really expensive, especially if you get some height on them.  I don’t know what the underlying soil is but sand will liquefy during shaking and that adds another layer of shit to the sandwich. 

This is horrible.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Chimpo said:

Second video shows earthquake lightning. A strange phenomena during earthquakes where lightning is seen even in clear skies. 

Happens during volcanic eruptions too. It’s not that strange when you consider that material underground might have a very different electrical charge than material on the surface. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Happens during volcanic eruptions too. It’s not that strange when you consider that material underground might have a very different electrical charge than material on the surface. 

I've been told by my congressman that these are jewish space lasers.  I feel lead astray.  

In all seriousness, that's fascinating, I was unaware of this phenomena.  Shame it comes with this level of destruction and human loss, but nonetheless very interesting.  

My BIL is from Adana.  Adana got rocked pretty good.  His brother sent his own wife and kids out to an uncle's farm and far from collapsing structures.  BIL's brother is out of his place and got their parents out of theirs.  Nobody harmed but they will be out of their homes for a while.  No place to stay in Adana so they are most likely going to head out to the uncle's farm and make the best of it.  

No power and damaged cell phone towers are making comms with my BIL in DC difficult.

They're in a tough spot but drawing a breath.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1