shaggytexas is no more?

21 hours ago, immamac said:

8badmofo saves the day. TexasWolf has meandering conversations with himself. 

TexasWolf disappears.

8badmofo eventually gets tired of yelling at clouds by himself. 

Those dudes were literally starting dozens of threads where they were the only person to reply (to themselves). Those threads should be preserved in some sort of internet disfigured wax museum.

As an aside I think “internet disfigured wax museum” may be a decent band name or motto for the off-season.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Didn't Eskimo hut cunt take the tree fiddy joke seriously and thought that was the actual value of shaggy? But at $350,000 or some dumb shit.

Yeah, IIRC black lab had to explain under oath the origin of the tree fiddy joke, Loch Ness monster and all

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2022 at 5:22 PM, Sleep off ugly said:

Those dudes were literally starting dozens of threads where they were the only person to reply (to themselves). Those threads should be preserved in some sort of internet disfigured wax museum.

As an aside I think “internet disfigured wax museum” may be a decent band name or motto for the off-season.

archive.org has crawled it a lot, though that site is (unfortunately) very slow

Would you want to work for a private entity where the owner is siphoning funds out of your potential salary pool and risking it in an unrelated venture?

What if I told you there were no paid employees.

Look would I want to work for a living for a sole proprietor were my living depended on him not doing something like that? Of course not, but don’t be pedantic. This was a fucking website that wasn’t in it to be a going business making profits with employees depending on it for a living.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Would you want to work for a private entity where the owner is siphoning funds out of your potential salary pool and risking it in an unrelated venture?

Shaggy and new venture shared a rack at a colo. Shaggy paid for the rack. Other venture did not pay anything towards rack. Shaggy had no employees and no debts. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 8:09 PM, immamac said:

Eskimo hut guy is a rich asshole who hated blacklab so sued him on behalf of what was left of the startups entity that in theory owned a percentage all of blacklab prior and future work. 

As a result of losing does he still get to claim a % of your future work???

2008 OG. I scatted shaggy bad. Y'all have no clue what i had to see to that (tjhooker)... Anyway, I am about to be smoked again. I even showed boobs of my ex wife from ring cam. This site isnt the same at all. very much like like hornfans 2000. I was a Bob wheeler acquaintance in the site wars. He tailgated next to me at Waller creek, 

Edited by Passive Aggressive Coach
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

Then I probably met you more than once, we tailgated with Bob/LFZ from 2000-05 for most games (not all).  Those tailgates were a blast in their heyday.  Feel free to repost pics of said breasts.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Then I probably met you more than once, we tailgated with Bob/LFZ from 2000-05 for most games (not all).  Those tailgates were a blast in their heyday.  Feel free to repost pics of said breasts.  

you piss in waller creek next to my tailgate? Also, you ever feel bad about Bob's dog tied to the bumber of his white F250 while went to games? lul

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

BTW peace out. About to be banned again. Never an issue on old shaggy. I have pissed off the CR elite (most mods included) so old school UT guy like me is done.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

you piss in waller creek next to my tailgate? Also, you ever feel bad about Bob's dog tied to the bumber of his white F250 while went to games? lul

The way I remember it, and I'm being serious.  He would put his dog in the cab of his truck, leave the A/C running, take his other keys with him on his belt loop, and head into the game.  I remember 'cause a couple times we'd haul ass back to the tailgate to slam beers at halftime and the truck would be running and the dog would be fine.  I think it was a White Lab IIRC, but that was so long ago.  Wheeler was a lot of things, but cruel to animals wasn't one of them.  He randomly popped up at a post-game about 10 years ago and we caught up, same old Wheeler.  Haven't heard a peep about him ever since and a lot of the original tailgate crew still post on here.  I wasn't part of the OSU bus debacle, I think I had to work that weekend.  But I guess that's how he'll be remembered which is a bit of shame, 'cause there are other stories to tell.  Hey, maybe he could write a book about 'em ;)  

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The way I remember it, and I'm being serious.  He would put his dog in the cab of his truck, leave the A/C running, take his other keys with him on his belt loop, and head into the game.  I remember 'cause a couple times we'd haul ass back to the tailgate to slam beers at halftime and the truck would be running and the dog would be fine.  I think it was a White Lab IIRC, but that was so long ago.  Wheeler was a lot of things, but cruel to animals wasn't one of them.  He randomly popped up at a post-game about 10 years ago and we caught up, same old Wheeler.  Haven't heard a peep about him ever since and a lot of the original tailgate crew still post on here.  I wasn't part of the OSU bus debacle, I think I had to work that weekend.  But I guess that's how he'll be remembered which is a bit of shame, 'cause there are other stories to tell.  Hey, maybe he could write a book about 'em ;)  

He wasnt cruel. That dog loved me. He did do that with the AC but in Oct he just tied her off. Bob was a good guy. I know we met if you know this. I literally had place right next to him for 4 yrs. Now that lot doesn't exist. We should have a thread about his "bus" and his book. lul

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Cover_l.gif.c0df370ecca9b111824e0d3998f68d9d.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Who else here has a book?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

I think those topics have been hashed out to death over the years.  But yeah, I'd be curious to know how he's doing and where he's at.  

I'll always have a soft spot for Bob.  I was living in the Bay Area for grad school in 1998/1999 and was just aching for connection back to UT.  I found a sports bar that showed UT games and a handful of Longhorns would gather there.  Not many of us.  Somebody told me about the LFZ message board, and I joined that evening and was hooked.  Moved back to Austin shortly thereafter and connected with the tailgate crew and Bob around 2000/2001.  And became fast friends.  Shit, just a couple months ago, ran into Marie & her husband (name escapes me, really nice guy with a beard) at happy hour by my house.  We shot the shit about Wheeler and the old days like no time had passed.  And like I said, I know of at least 3 regulars from that tailgate that are regular posters on here, 20 years later.  

I had a plain white Longhorn decal on the back of my SUV years ago, but had overlaid the LFZ logo on top of it ('cause I'm a badass like that ;)  ) And I was in a parking garage in the Arboretum and was walking back and a couple was in front of me walking perpendicular to my vehicle.  And one of 'em pointed to my decal  and other one said "It's some kinda renegade Longhorn site."  We didn't have smart phones back then.  But as fast as I could get back to my office and email Wheeler/post it to the board about his site being "the Renegade Longhorn site."  I think he even posted it as the motto on the landing page and next thing I know, Brian shows up to a tailgate with the Logo tattoo'd on his leg.  Strange Days Indeed.  Most Peculiar Mama.  Roll.