shaggytexas is no more?

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think those topics have been hashed out to death over the years.  But yeah, I'd be curious to know how he's doing and where he's at.  

I'll always have a soft spot for Bob.  I was living in the Bay Area for grad school in 1998/1999 and was just aching for connection back to UT.  I found a sports bar that showed UT games and a handful of Longhorns would gather there.  Not many of us.  Somebody told me about the LFZ message board, and I joined that evening and was hooked.  Moved back to Austin shortly thereafter and connected with the tailgate crew and Bob around 2000/2001.  And became fast friends.  Shit, just a couple months ago, ran into Marie & her husband (name escapes me, really nice guy with a beard) at happy hour by my house.  We shot the shit about Wheeler and the old days like no time had passed.  And like I said, I know of at least 3 regulars from that tailgate that are regular posters on here, 20 years later.  

I had a plain white Longhorn decal on the back of my SUV years ago, but had overlaid the LFZ logo on top of it ('cause I'm a badass like that ;)  ) And I was in a parking garage in the Arboretum and was walking back and a couple was in front of me walking perpendicular to my vehicle.  And one of 'em pointed to my decal  and other one said "It's some kinda renegade Longhorn site."  We didn't have smart phones back then.  But as fast as I could get back to my office and email Wheeler/post it to the board about his site being "the Renegade Longhorn site."  I think he even posted it as the motto on the landing page and next thing I know, Brian shows up to a tailgate with the Logo tattoo'd on his leg.  Strange Days Indeed.  Most Peculiar Mama.  Roll.  

LOL I just found his book. I way over paid but worth it! 

bob1.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

You still drunk from last night?  You paid $12 to have that book shipped to you?  Wheeler would drive it over for free and probably bring beer.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You still drunk from last night?  You paid $12 to have that book shipped to you?  Wheeler would drive it over for free and probably bring beer.  

i am a simple man.  Alhough, I am pretty sure I am the only guy that will own this book.  Don't hate. Yes shipping is high. Inflation. 

Edited by Passive Aggressive Coach
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

he wouldnt drive it. he had a bad bus story. you dont know. several investors. I was asked to invest. I was like naaa. this book couldve been $50 and I wouldve bought it. My buds are going to love this!

Edited by Passive Aggressive Coach
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

BTW see ya later. almost out rep. One girl will finish me off.I am at -70 despite great brisket/steak posts.  Dont care. Not the same shaggy.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

$12 shipping and it'll still take 2-3 weeks?  What the fuck?  Is Wheeler's bus delivering the fucking thing?  Good god man, get your money back.  

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

$12 shipping and it'll still take 2-3 weeks?  What the fuck?  Is Wheeler's bus delivering the fucking thing?  Good god man, get your money back.  

Secret chapter. He is writing it right now. Man, can't wait. I will be the only one of my friends to own this masterpiece! 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Drool 2

I don't know if crowd sourcing can be reversed, but I gave you a bunch of rep to see.

The CR crowd sourcing cancel cultists are the most slimy, gutless, POS you can get.  They really have poisoned this website to an extent.  Conspiring to ban people because they stand up to the narratives of the CR bullies is bush league cowardice.  Make example of a few through crowd sourcing to scare off other new posters without a lot of rep from debating them that might otherwise participate.  The techniques and propaganda of the CR nuts is little different than what you see from Russia or other totalitarian types.  LOL at CR having to temporarily shelves their frequent use of the term 'De-Nazification' to excuse their attacking and banning posters, because Putin started using it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

15 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Conspiring to ban people because they stand up to the narratives of the CR bullies is bush league cowardice.

Just so you know, you're propping up a poster who's repeating kremlin propaganda. It's not a difference of narrative or opinion. It's a difference of ability to critically analyze facts, sources, and information.

17 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Make example of a few through crowd sourcing to scare off other new posters without a lot of rep from debating them that might otherwise participate.

Despite how much you lie to yourself and whoever else will listen, dissenting opinions alone aren't what get you spanked in the CR. It's making wild-ass claims without evidence and then relying on hypotheticals and rhetoric to refute factual information.

19 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL at CR having to temporarily shelves their frequent use of the term 'De-Nazification' to excuse their attacking and banning posters, because Putin started using it.

WTF are you talking about lol? This is a great example of relying on a hypothetical because you have no facts to back up this wild-ass claim.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/31/2022 at 5:57 AM, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

LOL I just found his book. I way over paid but worth it! 

bob1.png

Dude got crowdsourced for buying Bob's book? That's unfortunate because when he gets it you know everyone would like to see it. Feels very Biden laptopy. Cancel it we deal with the facts later.

Edited by TMI
  • Fuck You 9

On 3/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, Captainant said:

Just so you know, you're propping up a poster who's repeating kremlin propaganda. It's not a difference of narrative or opinion. It's a difference of ability to critically analyze facts, sources, and information.

Despite how much you lie to yourself and whoever else will listen, dissenting opinions alone aren't what get you spanked in the CR. It's making wild-ass claims without evidence and then relying on hypotheticals and rhetoric to refute factual information.

WTF are you talking about lol? This is a great example of relying on a hypothetical because you have no facts to back up this wild-ass claim.

You sound like an MSNBC blowhard. All things against the Dems is russian prop. Funny thing is the Dems are the ones that colluded with the Russians and funded the Steele dossier with a russian spy. FACT. Also, what's up with like a $80M investigation on Trump that ended with the investigator saying in front a committee we could find no evidence of collusion? Just ignore that though! Keep on!

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 15

Also, just like the rest of social media there is no Hunter Biden laptop thread on Surly.  Whipped clean! Very good keeping with the program. Clear history. It never happened. CR is healthy again no negative dem threads. I Just went through the 1st page. Surly has purged it. Congrats! Site is a joke. Old shaggy RIP. it's dead. CANCELLED by CR.

Edited by TMI
  • Fuck You 17

deposition lulz
I got deposed during the case and during the deposiion the lawyer asked me if I ever used "blacklabx11" as a username.
I use blaklabx11 on a few places like playstation network and the apple game center on my iphone. What the fuck did I say on clash of clans or star wars battle front that could possibly relate to this case  thought as he asked the question. Then I remembered I used blacklabx11 at reddit. Oh fuck. 
For some stupid reason I did an AMA on reddit. the ama is here
https://www.reddit.com/r/LonghornNation/comments/2g4ntd/blacklab_owner_of_shaggybevo_ama/
the lawyer slid a printout of the ama over and started asking questions. The transscript is below.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

This reads like me trying to explain Surly jokes or references or lingo to my wife. A hopeless endeavor.
  • Haha 2

Yeah, when see type out like that on a legal document, it kinda makes us even more demented.  

I know, "it was taken outta context" is a lame defense at depositions.  But when the line of questioning starts with, "And this other person expressed an interest to Ms. Willis to urinate in her butt...", holy shit...where can you possible go from there?  There's weeks of backstory worth hundreds of posts, never mind you gotta know a little bit about the posters in question's history.  

Someday Charlie Wiess is gonna get sued for something and the plaintiff's lawyer is gonna do a caselaw search for his name, and this shit's gonna come up. 

Somebody's gonna FOIA his FUPA

7 hours ago, TMI said:

Also, just like the rest of social media there is no Hunter Biden laptop thread on Surly.  Whipped clean! Very good keeping with the program. Clear history. It never happened. CR is healthy again no negative dem threads. I Just went through the 1st page. Surly has purged it. Congrats! Site is a joke. Old shaggy RIP. it's dead. CANCELLED by CR.

you need to loosen your tinfoil hat, tj

image.thumb.png.04d8608bbf63cead8e2209b185bb68ec.png

Bob Wheeler is a cunt.  I know from personal experience.  I worked with him to build LFZ many years ago.  He made promises of payments that never showed up, and was threatening and generally just a complete beating to work with at all times.  He had an extremely high opinion of himself and his importance, and really got off on being worshiped on his own site.  A hero in his own mind, as his book cover shows.  Major little man Napoleon complex going on there, he's very sensitive about being called short, which he definitely is (notice how he's always wearing high heeled boots LOL).

After I bailed on him when he shorted and failed to pay me several times for work, he left me a rambling VM about how worthless I was and how LFZ was nothing, he was going to "go take a HTML class and figure out this shit on his own."  LOL, ok bro.  Of course, LFZ crashed a few weeks later when he's trying to upgrade it, and he immediately calls me to swoop back in and fix it.  Yeah, no - especially when you start off your message with "I know you intentionally fucked my shit up and you need to take responsibility and fix it or I'm going to sue you."  He threatened to sue a lot.  Eventually I told him "go for it, I'm judgement proof, p.s. fuck off"  Never heard from him again.

A few months later the OSU bus debacle happened.  I'm amazed that people didn't see through his bullshit more, and feel bad that people got screwed.  Imagine how bad it would have been if LFZ had progressed as far as Shaggy/Surly and treefiddy...I'm convinced he would have stolen a whole lot more than he got away with.  Who craters their entire reputation for a few grand? It's been years since I thought of ole' Bob, I wonder what ditch he's slithering around in now out by Mexia...

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Bob Wheeler is a cunt.  I know from personal experience.  I worked with him to build LFZ many years ago.  He made promises of payments that never showed up, and was threatening and generally just a complete beating to work with at all times.  He had an extremely high opinion of himself and his importance, and really got off on being worshiped on his own site.  A hero in his own mind, as his book cover shows.  Major little man Napoleon complex going on there, he's very sensitive about being called short, which he definitely is (notice how he's always wearing high heeled boots LOL).

After I bailed on him when he shorted and failed to pay me several times for work, he left me a rambling VM about how worthless I was and how LFZ was nothing, he was going to "go take a HTML class and figure out this shit on his own."  LOL, ok bro.  Of course, LFZ crashed a few weeks later when he's trying to upgrade it, and he immediately calls me to swoop back in and fix it.  Yeah, no - especially when you start off your message with "I know you intentionally fucked my shit up and you need to take responsibility and fix it or I'm going to sue you."  He threatened to sue a lot.  Eventually I told him "go for it, I'm judgement proof, p.s. fuck off"  Never heard from him again.

A few months later the OSU bus debacle happened.  I'm amazed that people didn't see through his bullshit more, and feel bad that people got screwed.  Imagine how bad it would have been if LFZ had progressed as far as Shaggy/Surly and treefiddy...I'm convinced he would have stolen a whole lot more than he got away with.  Who craters their entire reputation for a few grand? It's been years since I thought of ole' Bob, I wonder what ditch he's slithering around in now out by Mexia...

Sucks you weren't forged of a hotter fire. 

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Yeah, sorry you had that experience.  I know he was quite a handful for many people.  I still have a soft spot for him, but then again...I haven't seen him in 10 years.  I do honestly wonder what he's up these days.  

On 3/31/2022 at 12:22 PM, Captainant said:

And whining about getting negged.  I’ll neg for that more than just about anything else. 

On 3/26/2022 at 4:24 PM, blacklab said:

Also, real reason I lost the lawsuit was Immamac was the only witness called in the trial and wasn't very convincing.

Well....he is aggy, maybe their reputation preceded him?

Edited by SHOOTER12

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2022 at 4:34 PM, blacklab said:

deposition lulz

I got deposed during the case and during the deposiion the lawyer asked me if I ever used "blacklabx11" as a username.

I use blaklabx11 on a few places like playstation network and the apple game center on my iphone. What the fuck did I say on clash of clans or star wars battle front that could possibly relate to this case  thought as he asked the question. Then I remembered I used blacklabx11 at reddit. Oh fuck. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/LonghornNation/comments/2g4ntd/blacklab_owner_of_shaggybevo_ama/

the lawyer slid a printout of the ama over and started asking questions. The transscript is below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, Okie State said:
On 3/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, blacklab said:
deposition lulz

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

This reads like me trying to explain Surly jokes or references or lingo to my wife. A hopeless endeavor.

Not A Cat - that make me fucking laugh every time

• 1 month later...

The recent environment, with all the bad seasons of football, the dire state of politics, etc. has made things kind of overall less funny.

The disputes over whether Strong, Herman and now Sark are the guy remained fairly good natured, but weren't much fun or funny.  The other disputes are less funny and less good natured.

And, yeah, this has become a haven for text-based retrogrouches.  As a text-based retrogrouch, I'm all for it.  Not so sure about youngsters.

My wife was commenting that I don't show her as much funny shit from here as I used to.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The recent environment, with all the bad seasons of football, the dire state of politics, etc. has made things kind of overall less funny.

The disputes over whether Strong, Herman and now Sark are the guy remained fairly good natured, but weren't much fun or funny.  The other disputes are less funny and less good natured.

And, yeah, this has become a haven for text-based retrogrouches.  As a text-based retrogrouch, I'm all for it.  Not so sure about youngsters.

My wife was commenting that I don't show her as much funny shit from here as I used to.

I moved that discussion to the other thread in 9.95 for now for visibility. This is exactly right.

• Hook 'Em 1