2022 NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round

Wally Pryor

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Zona players waving goodbye to TCU fans like they just beat some basketball powerhouse lmao

I can't wait to see them crying after they get sent home

I swear UCLA is the only Pac-12 team that doesn't act like junior high kids on the court

Yeah, tend to agree. Zona has a lot of JuCo about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Zona players waving goodbye to TCU fans like they just beat some basketball powerhouse lmao

I can't wait to see them crying after they get sent home

At first I thought the same, then I remembered those are TCU fans so they've probably been yelling shit for two hours to deserve it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Here's the ending. I think it's probably a foul. It's also a pretty big flop and TCU is lucky Zona didn't end it on a layup. 

https://streamable.com/1nkhg8

Foul occurs with about 3 seconds left and Zona didn't have a timeout - so hit just one FT and it's likely game.

Thanks. 

Miles got fouled. I said it in the timeout leading up to the sequence that the zebras would swallow their whistle and they did.

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Here's the ending. I think it's probably a foul. It's also a pretty big flop and TCU is lucky Zona didn't end it on a layup. 

https://streamable.com/1nkhg8

Foul occurs with about 3 seconds left and Zona didn't have a timeout - so hit just one FT and it's likely game.

IMO, the guy blocks him early and reaches across with his arm. thats when the foul occurs. then he kind of backs away. but the initial bump/block foul is sending miles backcourt so he flops a bit.

9 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

big 10 sucks at the 2 big sports.   Had a feeling the Chattanooga cho cho's would beat Illinois, but lost by 1.  Athletic ability in the Big10 is so down from 30 years ago. 

Other than a couple Heisman-winning QBs at Oklahoma, what has the Big 12 accomplished in the “2 big sports” recently?

Apart from the money-making sports, how’s your women’s ice hockey team doing? The Buckeyes just won their first national championship. That’s pretty cool.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-hockey/2022/03/129947/ohio-state-women-s-hockey-defeats-minnesota-duluth-3-2-to-win-first-national-championship-in-program-history

I was in my glory wearing my ISU gear all weekend around northeast Iowa (70/30 Hawkeye country).

Really looking forward to subtly rubbing it in for another week.  I have a feeling that an 8:45 Friday night tip off is going to lead to a rough Saturday.  I guess that's why Bloody Marys exist.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, HornPhD said:

It wasn’t a foul. If anything, it was a backcourt violation. 

E338D935-4EAD-4EEA-99BF-E38739A9EF1D.png

Over and back violation requires the ball and both feet.  Just the ball isn't enough.

Respectfully disagree on the hip check.  If that was the first play of the game, that hip check gets called 100% of the time. 

40 minutes ago, frog said:

Over and back violation requires the ball and both feet.  Just the ball isn't enough.

Respectfully disagree on the hip check.  If that was the first play of the game, that hip check gets called 100% of the time. 

An over and back occurs if the ball or a body part touches the back court beyond the mid court line once possession has been established in the front court (ball and both feet).

We agree to disagree in the no-call

3 hours ago, HornPhD said:

An over and back occurs if the ball or a body part touches the back court beyond the mid court line once possession has been established in the front court (ball and both feet).

I haven't posted to Surlyhorns in 3 years and 2 months.   I not only decide to end my drought today, but do so on the exciting topic of NCAA "over and back" rules.  And while I'm not a rules nerd, I can admit defeat when handed to me.  

It's been fun, gents.  See you guys in 2025. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, frog said:

I haven't posted to Surlyhorns in 3 years and 2 months.   I not only decide to end my drought today, but do so on the exciting topic of NCAA "over and back" rules.  And while I'm not a rules nerd, I can admit defeat when handed to me.  

It's been fun, gents.  See you guys in 2025. 

Ok rex/beeper/porterhouse