Top 5 - Bands with 3 great consecutive albums

Rip76

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

There are a half dozen super popular classic bands that make me almost wretch every time I hear them, and Moody Blues is near the top of the list.  I just don't get it, at all.  The Doors, The Grateful Dead, Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, I could go on.  I guess it's mostly the psych era that turns me off.

I mean, I'm glad they work for some people, it's a big world out there, but damn.

+2 or 3 on The Cars being underrated, and the first four albums fit the bill.  I liked Heartbeat City, too, but I don't consider it to be "great" as designated in the OP.

+2 or 3 on The Police and the three albums specifically listed above.

And +1 on jj's unpopular take quoted above.  People should listen to what they want and taste in music is subjective and personal, but pretty much any time I hear any of the bands he listed, I want to dig my eardrums out with a rusty spoon.  

Edited by utee94

On 3/21/2022 at 1:38 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

Black Sabbath: (2/70- 7/71. Unbelievable)

Black Sabbath

Paranoid

Master of Reality

Ozzy solo.  Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman and Speak of the Devil, or if you wanna leave Speak of the Devil out because it's a live album, Bark at the Moon fills in nicely.

Speak of the Devil had some hieroglyphic type writing around it, I smoked a big joint and decoded it.  Something about Randy Rhoads tragic death and Ozzy really didn't want to talk about it anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1