Sweet 16

Wally Pryor

11 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

You see it occasionally with offshores. Rare. Usually late in the evening.

Line's been taken down. Major fuckup. Saw the plus 5 and did a double take.

We'll see if it's honored. 50/50.

Less than 50/50 as I should have known. 

"The ticket had an incorrect matchup / line and was canceled and needs to be reentered by you."

Thursday, March 24

• No. 4 Arkansas vs. No. 1 Gonzaga at Chase Center, San Francisco: 7:09 p.m. ET, CBS
  • No. 11 Michigan vs. No. 2 Villanova at AT&T Center, San Antonio: 7:29 p.m. ET, TBS
  • No. 2 Duke vs. No. 3 Texas Tech at Chase Center, San Francisco: 9:39 p.m. ET, CBS
  • No. 5 Houston vs. No. 1 Arizona at AT&T Center, San Antonio: 9:59 p.m. ET, TBS

Friday, March 25

• No. 15 Saint Peter’s vs. No. 3 Purdue at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia: 7:09 p.m., CBS
  • No. 4 Providence vs. No. 1 Kansas at United Center, Chicago: 7:29 p.m., TBS
  • No. 8 North Carolina vs. No. 4 UCLA at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia: 9:39 p.m., CBS
  • No. 11 Iowa State vs. No. 10 Miami at United Center, Chicago: 9:59 p.m., TBS

The winners of the regional semi-final games will advance to the Elite 8 round, which will be played on Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27. The field will then be whittled down to the Final Four, which will take place the following weekend.

13 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

For starters, Duke laying 1. Will be an interesting game to say the least. 

They're gonna be laying one to rest...so to speak.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Sampson has to be licking his chops at matching wits with the Arizona coach. UH's guards are going to be hard for Arizona to stop.

You do realize Sean Miller is no longer at UofA right?  Tommy Lloyd is a bright coach.  Few relied on him heavily at Gonzaga for years.

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

I feel like Michigan ends up playing Nova in every damn tourney. Hope they can get them for once this year. 

They have literally only played them once in the tourney the past 30 years and it was for the Championship a few years back lol 

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

He'll play.  How effectively remains to be seen.  But he'll play.  

Saw video of him during lunch walking off the team plane from Portland. Looked to moving fine. Plenty of time between now and the next game. Barring a setback I'm guessing he's good to go.

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Sampson's tournament resume is 2nd to none.

is-it.gif

21-16 and never coached in a championship game. With a field that still includes K, Wright, and Izzo, Sampson is not even top 3 in this S16. I'd even put him behind Few for non title coaches left.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, Sampson's tournament resume is 2nd to none. I'd take him over Lloyd any day of the week.

This was your quote: "Sampson has to be licking his chops at matching wits with the Arizona coach."  Like he was going up against Steve Alford.  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

This was your quote: "Sampson has to be licking his chops at matching wits with the Arizona coach."  Like he was going up against Steve Alford.  

I don't know what you are trying to say. Lloyd has never coached a S16 game, this is Sampson's 3rd straight. Arizona is the more talented team, but UH has the guard play to make Arizona work just like TCU did.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I don't know what you are trying to say. Lloyd has never coached a S16 game, this is Sampson's 3rd straight. Arizona is the more talented team, but UH has the guard play to make Arizona work just like TCU did.

I'm trying to say that Sampson licking his chops to match wits with Lloyd is a bit hyperbolic. Like Lloyd is some sort of regard.

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

With a field that still includes K, Wright, and Izzo, Sampson is not even top 3 in this S16. I'd even put him behind Few for non title coaches left.

And Bill Self...

Or maybe you meant Self instead of Izzo.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3

Zags with convincing win

Nova in a blowout

Duke in a close one

Zona in a close one

Purdue in a blowout

Kansas in a close one

UNC in a convincing win

Don't care about ISU / Miami; either will get destroyed Kansas (or Providence). 

14 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

spacer.png

They are on fire absent the Va Tech ACC Tourney blitzkrieg. And Wooden ain’t walking through that door. I saw what they did to Baylor. UNC is not who we thought they were.