Sweet 16

Wally Pryor

I do not envy the life of a TV sports exec. Next week could have a Final Four matchup of Duke v. North Carolina or it could be Arkansas v St. Petes. Could have a classic, blue blood Final Four of Duke, UNC, Villanova, and Kansas (25 combined titles). Or could have Arky, St. Petes, Miami, and Houston (1 title for Arky 26 years ago). Feast or famine.

So do I root for Houston to further raise the status of the State of Texas basketball world and the added bonus of diluting the importance of the Baylor title?

Yes. Yes, I think I do.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just a reminder to ignore you when you declare your season over multiple times in February. Seriously though, nice turnaround.

If we don’t get that W in Ft Worth back in February, we’re probably left out and don’t get this March.

It’s a bit of a surreal season, and this is one of the most likeable squads I’ve ever rooted for.

Are you guys eligible for post season play next year?

28 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

So do I root for Houston to further raise the status of the State of Texas basketball world and the added bonus of diluting the importance of the Baylor title?

Yes. Yes, I think I do.

Yeah no. Fuck Cougar high. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If we don’t get that W in Ft Worth back in February, we’re probably left out and don’t get this March.

It’s a bit of a surreal season, and this is one of the most likeable squads I’ve ever rooted for.

Are you guys eligible for post season play next year?

Yeah we’re eligible next year. I’m still behind Coach Boynton but we need to find some shooters and stop turning the ball over constantly to have any chance. I’m jealous of teams like ISU that find ways. We haven’t been to the Sweet 16 since fucking 2005, the year after I graduated. Basketball was everything when I was in school, now we can’t even fill the lower level at GIA. 

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I do not envy the life of a TV sports exec. Next week could have a Final Four matchup of Duke v. North Carolina or it could be Arkansas v St. Petes. Could have a classic, blue blood Final Four of Duke, UNC, Villanova, and Kansas (25 combined titles). Or could have Arky, St. Petes, Miami, and Houston (1 title for Arky 26 years ago). Feast or famine.

Yes. Yes, I think I do.

Fuck Kelvin Sampson.

• Hook 'Em 1

TBS just ran a feature on the '92 Duke / Kentucky game. Krzyzewski, Hill, Pitino, Mashburn.  Verne on the call with Len Elmore doing color. Sean Woods having no alternative but to throw up a prayer to (seemingly) win the game.  Then Hill made the throw to Laettner, who shouldn't have been in the game at that point. But he nailed the shot. 

Arguably the best game in CBB history. Certainly top 5.

• Rage+1 1