Real Madrid 2018-19: CHAMP13NS! Hala Madrid!

JNip

• 3 weeks later...

CR7 taking his talents to Juventus?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3554801/transfer-talk-real-madrid-could-accept-juventus-offer-for-cristiano-ronaldo

Real Madrid could accept Juventus offer for Ronaldo

Real Madrid are set to accept a €100 million offer from Juventus for Cristiano Ronaldo, according to a report by Spanish TV show "Jugones."

The show, broadcast on Spanish station La Sexta, claimed that the Portuguese forward, 33, will be allowed to leave this transfer window after nine years at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Earlier this summer, Ronaldo threw his future into doubt by talking about Real Madrid in the past tense after beating Liverpool in the Champions League final, and talks over a new contract have stalled.

And reports linking Ronaldo to Juventus have intensified this week. Marca reported on its front page on Tuesday that transfer negotiations with Juventus had begun, and a deal would go through barring a last-minute turn. Portuguese newspaper A Bola also led with a report that talks are underway.

The reported club-record offer from Juventus is expected to make Ronaldo the highest-paid player in their history, despite Madrid willing to match whatever Juve pay in wages, with Marca earlier reporting that figure to be €30m a year in Turin.

This could then free up funds for Real Madrid to pursue long-term target Neymar.

Mbappe and Neymar aren’t happening this Summer. Hazard may but he is too similar of a player to Isco and Asensio so I don’t get why we want him. I think that Florentino is desperately looking for s galáctico. If he wants one, it should be a #9. 

Mbappe and Neymar aren’t happening this Summer. Hazard may but he is too similar of a player to Isco and Asensio so I don’t get why we want him. I think that Florentino is desperately looking for s galáctico. If he wants one, it should be a #9. 

Not really interested in Hazard with how Isco has progressed in front of Modric & Kroos.

If we can’t sign Mbappe we need a #9 finisher like Lewy

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You're forgetting about the Florentino & Galactico parts of the equation.

It's odd as his comments have been pretty subdued. I was expecting a big push for Neymar, Mbappe, or even Icardi, but it doesn't seem like it's going to come at all. Hell, he even had this quote today which isn't a good sign for a Hazard transfer:

"Little by little we are laying the foundations of our team's present and future, we want to incorporate the young talent that will shape the future, players who aspire to the maximum."

2 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

It's odd as his comments have been pretty subdued. I was expecting a big push for Neymar, Mbappe, or even Icardi, but it doesn't seem like it's going to come at all. Hell, he even had this quote today which isn't a good sign for a Hazard transfer...

"Little by little we are laying the foundations of our team's present and future, we want to incorporate the young talent that will shape the future, players who aspire to the maximum."

It's the right policy to have. Overpay for 17 & 18 year-olds that will most likely be very good and one or two of those will explode into a player that will be valued at 5x what you bought him for.

The team is basically loaded at every position, even with departures, and their one big purchase this year might just be Courtois. They will also have a season to see which young players can fill voids and then maybe sell an aging player NEXT YEAR before going after a Galactico.

That being said, even though it makes perfect sense, Florentino has never been one to make perfect sense.

6 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Klopp sounding like a cry baby today again crying about mean ol’Ramos ripping Salah’s arm off and taking a bat to Karius’ head while the nicest team in the world just tried to play beautifully.

Lol such a pussy when he talks like that, and I really like Klopp

Well, Ramos should have been red-carded and the match should have been played with 11 to 10 from that point on, but whatever. It's over.

No one will have to worry about Ramos ever raising a Champions League trophy or a World Cup trophy again. That's all in the past.

Terrible Summer for Real Madrid so far. Our best player is gone, no one has replaced him, and we still don’t have a 30+ goal per season player. 

Mbappe is not coming.

Neymar is not coming.

Hazard was never a fit with Isco there, and we still embarrassed ourselves by chasing him and failing to get him.

At this point, Cavani or Lewandowski would be the ideal signing but they’re OLD. We are just renting them for a couple of years and probably spend a lot. Icardi would be best signing actually. 

Right now, i can’t see us competing for La Liga or the Champions. 

Edited by JNip

On 7/29/2018 at 12:07 PM, JNip said:

Terrible Summer for Real Madrid so far. Our best player is gone, no one has replaced him, and we still don’t have a 30+ goal per season player. 

Mbappe is not coming.

Neymar is not coming.

Hazard was never a fit with Isco there, and we still embarrassed ourselves by chasing him and failing to get him.

At this point, Cavani or Lewandowski would be the ideal signing but they’re OLD. We are just renting them for a couple of years and probably spend a lot. Icardi would be best signing actually. 

Right now, i can’t see us competing for La Liga or the Champions. 

Exactly, and no Zizou. It’s strange to see Madrid miss on so many things and I don’t like it one fucking bit. #HalaMadrid anyway. 

I think Zizou jumping ship caught Perez by some surprise especially in the World Cup run up.

Everything looked primed for Zizou to control the transfers and quite honestly it also controlled who would have an edge coming in. I.e. a potential French 19yo

Instead we have a somewhat embarrassing coaching hire that sees Julen fires from la roja and an installation of his policy.

So you have Neymar, Tbo, Hazard, Mbappe, etc rumors flying around and Perez is stuck. Not to mention the rumblings with CR7 and Bale and to a lesser extent Isco.

This is as a foundation built and steadied by Zizou keeping Perez under control, once Zizou left Perez seems to have been aimless so far. Either that or Julen has a master plan that none of us can see yet.

4 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I think Zizou jumping ship caught Perez by some surprise especially in the World Cup run up.

Everything looked primed for Zizou to control the transfers and quite honestly it also controlled who would have an edge coming in. I.e. a potential French 19yo

Instead we have a somewhat embarrassing coaching hire that sees Julen fires from la roja and an installation of his policy.

So you have Neymar, Tbo, Hazard, Mbappe, etc rumors flying around and Perez is stuck. Not to mention the rumblings with CR7 and Bale and to a lesser extent Isco.

This is as a foundation built and steadied by Zizou keeping Perez under control, once Zizou left Perez seems to have been aimless so far. Either that or Julen has a master plan that none of us can see yet.

Exactly right. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after 2 Liga games and the super cup fina loss, I do like what this team has and how they play from the midfield forward.

Ramos, Verane and Nacho have to get their security tightened up. Too many lazy passes are causing problems.

This team needs to create an identity that will follow them all season.

They are playing some really good team ball now. Bale looks the best he has in a long time, Benz has stepped his game up.

Isco hasn’t looked all that settled which surprises me under Julen. Once Modric is back to full speed that will help the midfield regain its calming effect.

I think the biggest difference is really just knowing that CR7 could go from invisible to 2 goals in a last 2 minutes of a game. Which we don’t have that feel now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, Speedtrucker said:

Julen is a dead man waking and he can take courtois with him.

I’ve seen one big save from him in the last 2 months and tons of indecisive play

Probably hard for him to concentrate with his kids and baby momma always needing shit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gone for sure under Solari:
Isco
Marcelo
Bale

More than likely leaving under Solari:
Navas (I really wish he was the #1)
Dani ceballos
Theo Hernandez

Players I could see being sold:
Asensio (not getting enough time with Vasquez never leaving the lineup and Vinicius jr getting the run out, also with another big signing like mbappe or whomever you know is coming)
Casemiro (it’s seems like Solari really like llorente at holding mid when healthy and Madrid will buy hazard or another big mid)

It’s been a while since I’ve felt this bad about RM. They played OK, but its obvious that Barca are in a better place right now. This is the type of game where Ronaldo would have made a difference because he would have finished the chances put in front of him. Marcelo and Bale would have helped of course. 

Fuck Suarez. Fuck that guy. Gotta get that in. 

Anyway, onward to CL, the only competition RM really cares about apparently. 

Casemiro is too reckless with his challenges, he Ramos without the aerial abilities. With both of them back there it’s like an accident waiting to happen.

Vinicius is fast and is gonna be great but he cannot finish yet. If this team is gonna have any explosive ability out there on attack, Vasquez has gotta be given a break. Run bale or asensio out there for some speed, Bale at least for some aerial ability on the crosses. Madrid has turned into a pure crossing team and Benz is far too often having to work back out of the box.

I really hope llorente gets healthy fast and can play that holding mid for Madrid in UCL because I’m not a fan of Casemiro under this style of play that Solari has them rolling out.
We are setup like a counter-attacking team but everyone is willing to concede possession and sit in deep since our only attack it to work towards the touchline and cross it back in, except we have no one able to connect on headers

This team can't compete with the big boys. 

Only teams that RM could beat in the quaterfinals if we make it through:

-Roma and Porto (one will make it through)

-Lyon (won't make it through)

-Dortmund (won't make it through)

- Bayern Munchen

- Atletico

- Schalke (won't make it through)

- Man United (would be an even match)

Will get our asses smacked by:

- PSG 

- Tottenham

- Barcelona

- Liverpool

- Man City

- Juventus

Edited by JNip

We aren't winning anything this year, hopefully this opens Florentino's eyes and start spending. I love his long term model but it isn't helping right now.

Lucas Vazquez and Vinicius are injured. This team has little left in the gas tank.

Edited by JNip