Real Madrid 2018-19: CHAMP13NS! Hala Madrid!

JNip

So what was the point of quitting...powerplay??? For more control over team Knowing they would be not great, more $$$ ...had to be something to quit and then comeback in less than 10 months or so

I believe he left last summer because he was losing power back to Perez and Zizou knew if his deals were gonna bypassed by Perez then the team was potentially going to be in trouble.

Apparently Zizou didn’t want another keeper, de gea or tbo. He wanted Navas to be the clear #1. He wanted to sell Bale and keep CR7 happy and in Madrid. The smaller rumors were hazard or Mbappe with the bale money and more.

When Zizou took over the top spot he was pretty clear it was his way which was pretty much in the face of Perez’s buy all the galaticos whether they fit or not. Zizou was big on the youth squad and building from within.

So I really think Zizou expected a drop off but not this crazy and it forced Perez to have to appease the board and if Zizou was coming back it meant Zizou could get his demands met now not some distant date of ever.

• Like 1

Apparently Florentino will allow Zidane to sign three Galacticos.

What and Who I want:

Center Back:

- Militao (Porto):  Has to be him.

Center Mid:

- Eriksen (Galactico)

OR

- Pogba (Galactico)

- Kante

Center Forward:

- Kane (Galactico)

or

- Mbappe (Galactico)

Winger:

- Mane

OR

- Hazard (Galactico): sounds like this one is a done deal, Chelsea even bought Pulisic when they knew the FIFA ban was coming.

- Neymar (Galactico): not too excited about him

Edited by JNip

21 minutes ago, JNip said:

- Hazard (Galactico): sounds like this one is a done deal, Chelsea even bought Pulisic when they knew the FIFA ban was coming.

You know I love Hazard, dude is a great player. But he is no where on the level of Ronaldo. I wish him the best of luck with you guys, but I hope you don't expect him to pick up where Ronaldo left off.

You know I love Hazard, dude is a great player. But he is no where on the level of Ronaldo. I wish him the best of luck with you guys, but I hope you don't expect him to pick up where Ronaldo left off.

I don’t think it’s replacing CR7 as a pure goal scorer, it’s picking up a superstar that can move the ball without Madrid becoming a purely take it to the touch line and cross it in.

Which is what Madrid is now without a true target man as benzema too often drifts out of the box to get into the plays.

38 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Ronaldo is the greatest player in the greatest club in the history of football. I will never have Ronaldo expectations for a player. 

• Like 1

So what happens to Tbo?

I find it hard to believe Zidane won’t reinstall is keeper Navas as #1 next season. Tbo stays #1 this season I bet as a showcase. Zidane was all about Navas from the start till the end of his role last summer. There is no way Tbo would want Copa and midweek duty next season. I’d expect him packaged in with one of the deals, PSG maybe? It’s not that Tbo isn’t great it’s just that Madrid and the fans want those flashy st.Iker saves over a fundamentally sound keeper...

13 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I find it hard to believe Zidane won’t reinstall is keeper Navas as #1 next season. Tbo stays #1 this season I bet as a showcase. Zidane was all about Navas from the start till the end of his role last summer. There is no way Tbo would want Copa and midweek duty next season. I’d expect him packaged in with one of the deals, PSG maybe? It’s not that Tbo isn’t great it’s just that Madrid and the fans want those flashy st.Iker saves over a fundamentally sound keeper...

Send him where ever Conte lands.

So Zidane being back means the summer plans more than likely completely change.

Out:
Bale still gonna get sold
Dani ceballos, was clashing with Zidane at the end of last season.

Maybe out:
Tbo, as mentioned Zidane blocked his purchase before and Navas is his keeper, also son Luca could get the backup keeper role
Mariano, just not sure he’ll have a place going forward.

Maybe staying now:
Isco, Zidane used him often and he seemed to get the best out of Isco but the whole ordeal could see Isco wanting out.
Marcelo, Zidane loves him but he also was prepping reguilon to move up to the main squad. This is a ?

Hopefully will right their ships:
Casemiro, I’ve been complaining about him this season and have been in major favor of a healthy Llorente to take the holding mid. Zidane was a calming force and got amazing results out of Casemiro so hopefully he returns to that smart stopper rather than this current wild ass fouling machine/destroyer he’s become.
Nacho, he’s had a tough year. Hopefully zidane’s calming hand hand get him back to his normal performance levels.

My 2019-20 staring lineup dream would be:

Navas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Reguilon
Modric-Casemiro-Kroos
Mbappe-Benz-Hazard

Main subs/rotation:
Asensio, Vinicius, Vasquez
Llorente, valverde
Ordiozola, Nacho

• 1 month later...