2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

It's actually hilarious how you legitimately hurt inside anytime anything remotely positive is said about a QB you don't like. I see you on IT all the time trying to get in fights with the mods and then you run over here trying to get clout and rub up against CTJ.

Pretty sad. 

Are you saying CTJ doesn't have enough room to accommodate SydneyCarton AND BO&W?

• Haha 1

You can change the culture and light a fire under people's asses without having a microphone in front of you. That was likely the point Sark was trying to make.

Who cares if we don't get to see him in a media setting where Brain Davis and Kirk Bohls are asking him baited questions or trying to draw him offsides. 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Vito Andolini said:

Didn’t that hillbilly DT from Arkansas have an appendectomy and was in the lineup against us just a couple weeks later? Seems to be something you can bounce back from quickly.

Sure, but why put him out there for the Orange White game. I'd guess if it was regular season it would be a different approach.

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

Didn’t that hillbilly DT from Arkansas have an appendectomy and was in the lineup against us just a couple weeks later? Seems to be something you can bounce back from quickly.

I mean, the spring game is this weekend so it's not like he's missing much except 1 more practice and a glorified scrimmage.

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Sure, but why put him out there for the Orange White game. I'd guess if it was regular season it would be a different approach.

Yeah, I don’t want him playing in the spring game, just commenting on how it can be a quick recovery, which is what gmr548 was hoping for. Missing the developmental work may be the worst part, as he’s a kid who’s had less coaching than many recruits.

10 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I'm confused, Ojomo didn't say anything wrong. 

I agree with Sark. You dont call out teammates in the press by name. That is a step too far. Feel free to exact punishment in the locker room or practice field, but leave it out of the media. 

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Is Sark familiar with the Streisand effect? His response just got Ojomo's comments much more attention than they otherwise would have gotten.

Also LOL at the two most obvious sunshine pumpers here immediately falling over themselves to agree with Sark. Never change.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I agree with Sark. You dont call out teammates in the press by name. That is a step too far. Feel free to exact punishment in the locker room or practice field, but leave it out of the media. 

Oh I guess I didn't see the entire clip.

32 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Hahaha the lack of self-awareness in saying “If you're really a family, you don't go out and talk about family business.” -- while publicly reprimanding the player. Where's the family now? Is this not family business? 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Nah, Sark is a bitch like we know he was. He's talked about how pussified everyone in the locker room is from social media and he's an old fuck who doesn't understand how modern society works for these guys. There is obviously no accountability within the locker room and that starts with the coaches, but they can't relate outside of Marion and Choice at this point. 

The game has passed all these old fucks by and that's why there's so much success with younger coaches or coaches who can actually just kick people off the team like alabama and georgia do. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Nah, Sark is a bitch like we know he was. He's talked about how pussified everyone in the locker room is from social media and he's an old fuck who doesn't understand how modern society works for these guys. There is obviously no accountability within the locker room and that starts with the coaches, but they can't relate outside of Marion and Choice at this point. 

The game has passed all these old fucks by and that's why there's so much success with younger coaches or coaches who can actually just kick people off the team like alabama and georgia do. 

Whoa now hold on a sec, Sark is a really young guy as is anyone else in that age range. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Nah, Sark is a bitch like we know he was.  

I'm becoming worried about Sark. There seems to be a serious detachment between the positions he takes and reality. From having zero interest in short term o-line transfers to thinking Pete K was, and is, a good hire, Sark seems to constantly be at odds with evidence and facts. Sark is becoming the Jack Easterby of college football.

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are in your early 40s, right? Sark is 48. So, it looks like you are closer to Sark's age than Ojomo who is 16. Don't be sad, embrace your old, slow ass like the rest of us middle-aged fucks.

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

People loved it, because he said what we are thinking. That said you dont want players coming out and talking shit about teammates in the press. That would be a disaster of a locker room. There is not a coach that I can think of that would support that behavior. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

It's actually hilarious how you legitimately hurt inside anytime anything remotely positive is said about a QB you don't like. Seems like you cheer for the University of (insert player here) and not the University of Texas. I see you on IT all the time trying to get in fights with the mods and then you run over here trying to get clout and rub up against CTJ.

Pretty sad. 

I legitimately hurt inside when I saw Card play against Kansas last year with my own eyes. Forgive me for being disappointed about secret reports from an anonymous friend that he’s looking like the best we’ve got, despite landing a legit blue chip transfer. 

Is Sark familiar with the Streisand effect? His response just got Ojomo's comments much more attention than they otherwise would have gotten.
Also LOL at the two most obvious sunshine pumpers here immediately falling over themselves to agree with Sark. Never change.

Dang. I need to try harder.

10 WINS

-Improved QB play.
-2nd year in the system. But also, the most consistency in the same system in a long time. I think this helps the D more than other people do. It’ll help the Oline as well.
- We’ve added talent at places that needed it - QB, WR to help now. And lots of young talent that may help some now at OL and DL.
- our Big 12 competitors lost quite a bit
- we always whip Kansas the year after they scare/beat us (I don’t really know that but maybe).
- Ovie gets it together. He won’t be a pass rusher extraordinaire, but his consistency on the edge in the run game improves a great deal.
- The DBs make half their tackles/sacks when put in position to make plays in the backfield as opposed to 10% last year.
- Bert Auburns hair.

There’s some sunshine. I can come up with more, if needed.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I legitimately hurt inside when I saw Card play against Kansas last year with my own eyes. Forgive me for being disappointed about secret reports from an anonymous friend that he’s looking like the best we’ve got, despite landing a legit blue chip transfer. 

Hahahahahaha give me a break man. He literally said that Ewers didn't look as sharp today as Saturday and that Card was the more consistent TODAY. Never once did he or I say that "he's looking like the best we got"

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I'm becoming worried about Sark. There seems to be a serious detachment between the positions he takes and reality. From having zero interest in short term o-line transfers to thinking Pete K was, and is, a good hire, Sark seems to constantly be at odds with evidence and facts. Sark is becoming the Jack Easterby of college football.

I am going to challenge you to go 48 hours without a post mentioning the OL, especially when responding to or discussing a topic that has........nothing to do with the OL. 

Could you do it?

• Hook 'Em 2

Barely? I was worried after Arkansas.

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

As always, the full quotes paint a little different story than 1 or 2 quotes that the AAS and Anwar try to get clicks off of.

It’s hilarious to read the full transcript in comparison to Anwar’s tweet. Anyone still paying for OB should be embarrassed (stating the obvious). 

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Read through the Q&A and honestly I don't see anything he said being hurtful. He stated some guys need to step up. I hope they use it as motivation. Ojomo is very well spoken and thoughtful with his responses imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Read through the Q&A and honestly I don't see anything he said being hurtful. He stated some guys need to step up. I hope they use it as motivation. Ojomo is very well spoken and thoughtful with his responses imo.

The dude said to the media in a public interview that T'Vondre Sweat was selfish and wasn't bought in last year. I know as fans we eat that stuff up and love to hear about change, but he shouldn't be saying stuff like that to our media which is known to feast on click-bait and false headlines.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic