2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

If that’s the case, then the GP insurance policy will be used by mid season. My question is: what other scheme would PK run? DCs typically only stick to their scheme.

Scipio thinks he will have to make an adjustment and allow some the DL talent to be more aggressive instead of being passive and just taking up space so the LBs can make a play since we have but one LB and it is not Overshown.

• Hook 'Em 1

I said I agreed that safety play was poor. But in aggregate, you are not developing safeties if they are constantly put in poor situations. This was a demoralized and insecure unit. If you think this is bullshit, then you’re saying the edge and linebackers were doing their jobs consistently.

You said no edge and no linebackers. Same applies with respect LBers and Dline. Gotta keep ‘em clean. That’s the deal - no one was terribly consistent.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

I have liked Scipio's insights even when he use to just post them on Horn Fans. He thinks defense is going to be a huge issue if PK insists on using his system.

I think Burton hit the nail on the head. The offense has stars; the defense does not. I’ll use Ossai as the example. He was miss cast  as a off- ball LB under Orlando. He was still a damn good player. He was better on the edge, but good players don’t need all the stars to align to make plays. Getting more aggressive will help and I expect that, but someone needs to make the jump and CONSISTENTLY win 1 on 1 match ups. Until that happens the ceiling is competent defense at best

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think Burton hit the nail on the head. The offense has stars; the defense does not. I’ll use Ossai as the example. He was miss cast  as a off- ball LB under Orlando. He was still a damn good player. He was better on the edge, but good players don’t need all the stars to align to make plays. Getting more aggressive will help and I expect that, but someone needs to make the jump and CONSISTENTLY win 1 on 1 match ups. Until that happens the ceiling is competent defense at best

That sounds about the same as most defenses in the country if we are being honest. We know that this isn’t PK’s first rodeo at the P5 level which is positive. His first Washington units went from bad to good to elite over his first few years. I’m hoping that continuity with the defensive staff and a better understanding of his talent pool and offenses in this conference will make the difference with him. Even as bad as last year was there were times when the defense did look competitive. If he’s as bad as last year, then obviously Sark will make some changes but if you look at some of the talent we have brought in last class and could possibly land this class I think the odds favor him eventually righting the ship. His goal this year should be producing a top 50 unit and developing some of this young talent, especially at Safety and Edge.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

44 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Scipio thinks he will have to make an adjustment and allow some the DL talent to be more aggressive instead of being passive and just taking up space so the LBs can make a play since we have but one LB and it is not Overshown.

That all makes sense but it's the coaches job to develop the LBs so they can make the plays needed. If the coaches can develop another LB or two, then this point no longer applies. If they can't do that, that's a problem itself. There's plenty of athleticism on the roster so assuming Ford is solid, then they just have to get the light to turn on for 1-2 of DMo, Gbenda, Diamonte, and Richardson. Frankly, it shouldn't be that hard.

With that said, I do prefer schemes with aggressive DLs. But PK made it work damn well at UW so it's hard to totally trash the scheme.

Scipio was also very down on the Texas strength and conditioning in 2021.  Murphy who was a freshman last year had a better season and appeared stronger than Coburn last year -- that is ridiculous.  Scipio even remarked that Coburn appeared weaker in 2021 than the previous season -- wtf !!!

Bobby reminded Scipio that Covid screwed up the first Spring (2021) for this new staff.

Sure hope the 2021 defensive shitshow doesn't repeat itself this season. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

I agree that we missed on bringing in an impact edge player - maybe we should have paid Mathis what he was asking for. But Diamonte Tucker-Mathis was potentially a big pickup at LB. He’s exactly the kind of guy who has kicked our asses at the MLB position at places like Baylor and TCU for years.

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Scipio was also very down on the Texas strength and conditioning in 2021.  Murphy who was a freshman last year had a better season and appeared stronger than Coburn last year -- that is ridiculous.  Scipio even remarked that Coburn appeared weaker in 2021 than the previous season -- wtf !!!

Bobby reminded Scipio that Covid screwed up the first Spring (2021) for this new staff.

Sure hope the 2021 defensive shitshow doesn't repeat itself this season. 🤘

Completely agree with this. Seems like the 9.95ers have said they're doing more strength work this offseason so maybe that will help but could be BS.

On the other hand, it did seem to help with the soft tissue injuries that piled up under Yancy, which was supposedly one of their focuses. They need to find a middle ground approach.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, I’m going to be honest.  I was super excited about PK but last year was probably the worst called defense and development I’ve seen in the 20 years I’ve been watching Texas football.  I say that with full understand that this team had talent issues across the board.  That’s still not an excuse for the product on the field.  We had multiple games where we had 2 score leads at halftime only to blow them away.  Even a remotely decent DC should be able to make teams 1 dimensional being up 2-3 scores.

In my opinion this defense was setup to fail from the start.  Gideon and Davis seemed like they were hired to coach under Muschamp.  Then that falls through and we bring in PK.  We had huge holes at edge and LB and our DC decides he wants to build his defense around the fucking edges and LBs.  On top of that, seemed like the players had 0 understanding of the scheme and the DL front and DB coverages never seemed to be on the same page.  Add in starting quitters like BJ Foster all season and it doesn’t surprise me that this was the worst defense in Texas history probably.  

Unfortunately, we didn’t acquire any remotely decent edge players, LBs, or safeties in the portal.  Seems like we will run the same scheme and ask our converted inconsistent LB in Overshown to now play edge and be our pass rusher lol.  Ovie was terrible last year and they plan to trot him out again.  Jerrin Thompson was terrible last year and he’s the leading candidate start at safety.  Really hope Jaylon Ford is progressing bc most of these dudes couldn’t beat out a walk-on in Brokermeyer and a converted WR in Schooler.

I listened to Michael Griffin on a podcast and he basically politely said to expect this defense to suck ass again.  Bc they haven’t changed anything and now we are relying on guys that couldn’t beat out the shit players we trotted out last year to be the answer….

Hope we are all wrong…

Glass half full.  Cedric Griffin was atrocious his first two years here and he became an absolute beast.  Hell, the 2003 team gave up 65 to OU and the very next year held them to 4 field goals.  I’m not saying we will be world beaters next year but we could definitely be much improved.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, victory88 said:

In my opinion this defense was setup to fail from the start.  Gideon and Davis seemed like they were hired to coach under Muschamp.  Then that falls through and we bring in PK.  We had huge holes at edge and LB and our DC decides he wants to build his defense around the fucking edges and LBs.  On top of that, seemed like the players had 0 understanding of the scheme and the DL front and DB coverages never seemed to be on the same page.  Add in starting quitters like BJ Foster all season and it doesn’t surprise me that this was the worst defense in Texas history probably.  

Yeah this is an underrated point. The reality is that PK probably had as much edge/LB talent last year as he normally did at UW, so why tf were the results so much different? Ultimately, the defensive staff (including but not limited to PK) just couldn't tie it all together. Sure, it was year 1 and a shift in approach, so I'll give them a tiny bit of slack for now, but no excuses if it continues. 

So yeah, if the defense still sucks, it's on the whole defensive staff and the mismatched styles that Sark hired. Imo, the key to this year's defense is whether the position coaches and PK can get the players on the same page understanding the scheme and developing the mental ability to execute it. I'm blindly hoping that year 2 brings significant improvements in that bucket, but who the heck knows. 

As mentioned above, S&C seemed like another huge culprit. It'd be interesting to see stats, but I feel like the defense was actually pretty good in the first half of games but just atrocious in the second half (with a few exceptions). The DL would start getting pushed around in particular. Have to believe some of that is S&C.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Scipio mentioned that Kitan has to learn what to do at Safety or he'll just be a backup.  Says Jerrin has to get bigger than 175lbs to play Safety.  Cook at Safety is a wild card. Based on film study, Scipio is still not sold on Overshown as a good LB. 

The Texas Defense better get much a lot more aggressive on DL penetration and blitzes in hopes of generating more negative plays or this 2022 defense may really struggle...  

• Hook 'Em 1

I will be shocked if this defense doesn't look noticeably improved this year. Not a championship level defense, but a competent one. If they figure out how to generate pressure, then they can be good enough to win a conference title. The offense should make things easier for the defense, the players will be in year two of understanding the defense they are running, and GP is going to help marry the defensive front with the secondary. 

A big part of the issues last year was people not knowing where the fuck to go against the run and being put in tough situations from alignment. Hopefully we only have to worry about our guys winning reasonable match ups this year.

• Like 1

Patterson has told multiple people in the coaching world that he was brought on to do two specific things. 

1. Scout opponents defense

2. Scout our current defense and help Gideon and Joseph better merge the secondary with the front 6/7.

They were duly aware that the front and back end didn’t mesh well. That hurt the team last year. At Washington Lake handled the DBs and understood what PK was trying to do. Patterson spends his time with Gideon and the secondary players. Focused on the backend during spring practice and added some coverages. I doubt we play the two high much and that’s the only thing that makes me have some hope. Still don’t think we are very athletic on the backend. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Patterson has told multiple people in the coaching world that he was brought on to do two specific things. 

1. Scout opponents defense

2. Scout our current defense and help Gideon and Joseph better merge the secondary with the front 6/7.

They were duly aware that the front and back end didn’t mesh well. That hurt the team last year. At Washington Lake handled the DBs and understood what PK was trying to do. Patterson spends his time with Gideon and the secondary players. Focused on the backend during spring practice and added some coverages. I doubt we play the two high much and that’s the only thing that makes me have some hope. Still don’t think we are very athletic on the backend. 

I still believe the biggest issue in the style of play and game planning from PK was that he did not trust the secondary.  2 deep and off-coverage is a sign that you don’t think you can hold up coverage and you are will to give up underneath throws to prevent long ones.  Only issue with that is you need to be competent against the run in order to make 10-12 play drives difficult and play high level defense in the red zone. PK and GP need to find a way to make either the front or the back end competent with honest numbers, because like last year proved, you can’t help both. Personally, I would have gone full Orlando last year if I was PK. Blitz constantly and hope to create turnovers and negative plays, knowing that some games will be a nightmare. That’s me, I prefer that to death by a 1000 cuts 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I think we may see a more volatility this year, which is actually a good thing. Just my suspicion, but the defense will get more aggressive this year. That will mean more big plays for the defense and the opposing offenses. 

Barron move is interesting.  I thought he was the best CB on the team late in the year. That move to me means they want the nickel to play a lot more coverage this year. I just wonder if Watts and Barron should be swapped 

Barron’s move or really Cooks move off the ball also may play into the more aggressive play. Barron did backup Cook, at least early in the season.

Based on the little Barron played it’s hard to know, but he may be more physical than Cook so we may get the best of both worlds in the run and pass game.

We really are a defense of role players like you mentioned. It’ll always get me fired up when there’s so much shit talk about certain guys yet others get a pass or even get a little excessive hype. Cook is more of the latter. He started pretty well, but he was mediocre from about OU until KSU. And talk about winning 1v1 matchups, we were up 21-10 versus BU in the 3rd. 4th and 6. He easily gave up the inside and 15 yards. That was the key defensive play for is in that game.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

everything about last year was a clown show. I think we were having team meetings in the girls shower or some such crap. PK was the last defensive coach hired wasnt he?..How was he supposed to get it right when he didnt even know who he was working with? No such excuse this year. I just hope Coburn is under 335lbs....same for Sweat.

I dont give a rats ass about 3-3 4-3 2-2 or any of that , I just want to see the cb line up closer than 15 yds from the receiver....

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I know you dudes didn’t ask, but here’s an example of a critical play in which our safety has to make the play. Has to make it. Unblocked. Play side. We don’t even slow the RB down.

We’re up 2 with 7 plus minutes. 2nd and 10 to start the play. Instead of 3rd and 10 plus it’s 1st and 10 inside the 30.

PK was pretty solid this game. He had an Ill timed blitz on 3rd and long. Then some late game stupidity with playing safeties too deep.

For sure in this game, the Dline eating up blocks and funneling stuff to the LBers is a myth. Generally speaking, LBers make tackles on every team.

Ovie does some solid stuff but then loses discipline and a big play ensues. Everybody’s favorite LBer was not on the field for two big runs in the 4th. Of course the safeties were nowhere to be found to help.

OSU didn’t do Jack on offense for 3 quarters. A stupid penalty. A bs penalty. And a pick 6 were it.

The offense could have put this game out of reach and certainly gotten OSU out of their game plan. But it was typical defense too. It’s a different guy on different plays screwing up. And no one making that play to change momentum or circumstance.

IMG_3446.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 4

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, I’m going to be honest.  I was super excited about PK but last year was probably the worst called defense and development I’ve seen in the 20 years I’ve been watching Texas football.  I say that with full understand that this team had talent issues across the board.  That’s still not an excuse for the product on the field.  We had multiple games where we had 2 score leads at halftime only to blow them away.  Even a remotely decent DC should be able to make teams 1 dimensional being up 2-3 scores.

Unfortunately, we didn’t acquire any remotely decent edge players, LBs, or safeties in the portal.  Seems like we will run the same scheme and ask our converted inconsistent LB in Overshown to now play edge and be our pass rusher lol.  Ovie was terrible last year and they plan to trot him out again.  Jerrin Thompson was terrible last year and he’s the leading candidate start at safety.  Really hope Jaylon Ford is progressing bc most of these dudes couldn’t beat out a walk-on in Brokermeyer and a converted WR in Schooler.

I listened to Michael Griffin on a podcast and he basically politely said to expect this defense to suck ass again.  Bc they haven’t changed anything and now we are relying on guys that couldn’t beat out the shit players we trotted out last year to be the answer….

Hope we are all wrong…

Manny and Orlando had their absolute awful moments too. Shit even our defensive minded head coach Charlie Strong had some historically bad defensive days

Thing that fires me up the most is instead of foster, schooler, Brockermeyer, Jett bush or Adimora we’ll have Watts, Thompson, Crawford, DTD and Finkley. Massive upgrade there

Same shit on offense. Instead of Casey, Tyler Jones, Cade Brewer, Jared Wiley, Marcus Washington, Josh Moore and Okafor, we’ll have Ewers, Banks, Neyor, Milton, Billingsley, Sanders, Campbell and Conners. 

Yeah I know, we’ve drank kool aid for 12 years now and all we got was this lousy tshirt. But holy fucking shit. We’re gonna have 7 5stars on offense. We should be able to ou under Riley this. Put up 50ish points a game and get 3-6 stops. Including field goals as stops and win some 55-38 type games till the studs in the ‘22 and ‘23 class come in and turn us back into Mack with Robinson/Chizik/Muschamp.

Idk about you guys, but I’m fucking pumped. After the last 12 years, we’ve fucking earned this. As an entire athletic department. It’s beautiful being fully aligned top to bottom in every fucking sport we have again. Wait shit. Us winning track and swimming championships mean we’re totally fucked for football, basketball and baseball. Right, @BurntOrange&White?

• Hook 'Em 9

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Manny and Orlando had their absolute awful moments too. Shit even our defensive minded head coach Charlie Strong had some historically bad defensive days

Thing that fires me up the most is instead of foster, schooler, Brockermeyer, Jett bush or Adimora we’ll have Watts, Thompson, Crawford, DTD and Finkley. Massive upgrade there

Same shit on offense. Instead of Casey, Tyler Jones, Cade Brewer, Jared Wiley, Marcus Washington, Josh Moore and Okafor, we’ll have Ewers, Banks, Neyor, Milton, Billingsley, Sanders, Campbell and Conners. 

Yeah I know, we’ve drank kool aid for 12 years now and all we got was this lousy tshirt. But holy fucking shit. We’re gonna have 7 5stars on offense. We should be able to ou under Riley this. Put up 50ish points a game and get 3-6 stops. Including field goals as stops and win some 55-38 type games till the studs in the ‘22 and ‘23 class come in and turn us back into Mack with Robinson/Chizik/Muschamp.

Idk about you guys, but I’m fucking pumped. After the last 12 years, we’ve fucking earned this. As an entire athletic department. It’s beautiful being fully aligned top to bottom in every fucking sport we have again. Wait shit. Us winning track and swimming championships mean we’re totally fucked for football, basketball and baseball. Right, @BurntOrange&White?

Who the hell is Tyler Jones?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Best served cold said:

Who the hell is Tyler Jones?

Tyler, Christian, whichever it takes. Think that just added to my point. I’ve blocked that dude out of memory due to just how awful he is

Edited by Fletch

5 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I still believe the biggest issue in the style of play and game planning from PK was that he did not trust the secondary.  2 deep and off-coverage is a sign that you don’t think you can hold up coverage and you are will to give up underneath throws to prevent long ones.  Only issue with that is you need to be competent against the run in order to make 10-12 play drives difficult and play high level defense in the red zone. PK and GP need to find a way to make either the front or the back end competent with honest numbers, because like last year proved, you can’t help both. Personally, I would have gone full Orlando last year if I was PK. Blitz constantly and hope to create turnovers and negative plays, knowing that some games will be a nightmare. That’s me, I prefer that to death by a 1000 cuts 

I think you’re right that that was an issue. Not a coincidence that they got Watts first from the portal, moved two corners to safety, and tried to get another safety. 

Most teams are flawed to on one side of the ball or the other - OU, OSU, and Baylor last year were really good on one side and average to below average on the other. Georgia, Bama, and Ohio State were elite on both sides. I guess Notre Dame was good, but not elite on offense and defense. Those were unusual though. If the offense steps it up and plays like a top 10 to 15 offense, we'll drop a game or two but should still win the conference if the defense isn't putrid. The defense played well for chunks of time in most games. We just need longer periods of non-putridity. 

16 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I think pk had his personal come to Jesus moment in the tech game. They gave up long td passes of 40, 69 and 75 yards. The game was such a blowout that it didn't matter, but that will surely make you think twice about trusting your dbs in one on one coverage. They talked a ton in the spring about playing more press coverage. Let's hope they have the personnel to hold up. I don't have much faith in Jamison. 

The other thing about them playing bend but don't break is that it was fairly effective in the first half of most games. But they continued to get worn out late. The offense didn't do them any favors with untimely quick 3 and outs and they didn't do themselves any favors either by not getting off the field when they should have. So they ended up playing too many snaps and not having the juice to finish. We can talk about scheme and personnel being problematic, but fatigue will render both of them ineffective. 

If they are going to do anything this year, they have to play complementary football. You  can't have all gas no brakes on one side of the field and all brakes no gas in the other. 

56 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think pk had his personal come to Jesus moment in the tech game. They gave up long td passes of 40, 69 and 75 yards. The game was such a blowout that it didn't matter, but that will surely make you think twice about trusting your dbs in one on one coverage. They talked a ton in the spring about playing more press coverage. Let's hope they have the personnel to hold up. I don't have much faith in Jamison. 

The other thing about them playing bend but don't break is that it was fairly effective in the first half of most games. But they continued to get worn out late. The offense didn't do them any favors with untimely quick 3 and outs and they didn't do themselves any favors either by not getting off the field when they should have. So they ended up playing too many snaps and not having the juice to finish. We can talk about scheme and personnel being problematic, but fatigue will render both of them ineffective. 

If they are going to do anything this year, they have to play complementary football. You  can't have all gas no brakes on one side of the field and all brakes no gas in the other. 

I agree with that. That is also a common issue with bend and don’t break. By design you are going to be on the field a long time.  The offense and defense struggled with 3 and outs. Defense finished 90th in DFD (drives w/ at least 1 first down) at ~75%. The offense was 105th, call it 2/3s of the time. This goes to my point on “going full Orlando” and being aggressive. When you are playing with an offense that struggles with consistency, it is probably not a great idea to play bend and don’t break. The expectation should  be that you will be on the field a long time  

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I agree with that. That is also a common issue with bend and don’t break. By design you are going to be on the field a long time.  The offense and defense struggled with 3 and outs. Defense finished 90th in DFD (drives w/ at least 1 first down) at ~75%. The offense was 105th, call it 2/3s of the time. This goes to my point on “going full Orlando” and being aggressive. When you are playing with an offense that struggles with consistency, it is probably not a great idea to play bend and don’t break. The expectation should  be that you will be on the field a long time  

Hopefully this season the Texas defense will create more negative plays and turnovers.  Last season, several dumb defensive penalties extended way too many drives for our opponents.  

Also I hope to see our special teams improve in 2022 -- in particular the areas of kickoff coverage and returns.

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hopefully this season the Texas defense will create more negative plays and turnovers.  Last season, several dumb defensive penalties extended way too many drives for our opponents.  

Also I hope to see our special teams improve in 2022 -- in particular the areas of kickoff coverage and returns.

For some reason I see the construction of the Texas team similar to the old OSU teams. Great skill players and a prolific offense and a aggressive defense that is overall pretty mediocre, but focused on creating negative plays and turnovers. That is my guess based on the transfer moves and Coach speak, we shall see 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Okay, just had my latest amazing day spent with even more NFL stars.

Got to hang w Micah Parsons again this summer. We got to talk about his rookie season. He's a little bigger than last summer and seems to have even more swagger, if that's possible. He's very serious but friendly. 

This year, we also got to hang w D'Andre Swift RB Georgia/Lions. He's very compact and solid. Nice guy that you can talk shit with. 

Got to hang with rookie George Pickens WR Georgia/Steelers. Super fun guy just looking to have a good time. I got to play catch with him, so I've renewed my streak of playing catch with stars at one. I then sent him and his agent to Barton Springs. Hope they had fun!!! Below is shot of him making an insane catch for the promo. Then we threw giant beach balls at him. You know-normal stuff.

Probably most amazing was Christian Wilkens. DE Clemson/Dolphins He is the most athletic big guy I've ever seen! He can catch anything, including a greased bowling ball behind his back! 

Next summer, @immamac  let's do some kind of contest and I'll bring a couple of Surly guys with me. 

Enjoy! 

Parsons. If he tackled me, I'd be dead. 

NFL-6.jpg

Swift - wouldn't want to try to tackle him

NFL-5.jpg

Pickens! My new fave player! Go Dawgs/Steelers. 

NFL-4.jpg

Wilkens. Wow, what an amazing athlete. 

NFL-2.jpg

Normal stuff. 

NFL-7.jpg

Swift

NFL-1.jpg

Pickens picking it out of the air.

NFL-9.jpg

Okay.

NFL-10.jpg

BackPoliticalBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Got to hang w Micah Parsons again this summer. We got to talk about his rookie season. He's a little bigger than last summer and seems to have even more swagger, if that's possible. He's very serious but friendly. 

This year, we also got to hang w D'Andre Swift RB Georgia/Lions. He's very compact and solid. Nice guy that you can talk shit with. 

Got to hang with rookie George Pickens WR Georgia/Steelers. Super fun guy just looking to have a good time. I got to play catch with him, so I've renewed my streak of playing catch with stars at one. I then sent him and his agent to Barton Springs. Hope they had fun!!! Below is shot of him making an insane catch for the promo. Then we threw giant beach balls at him. You know-normal stuff.

Probably most amazing was Christian Wilkens. DE Clemson/Dolphins He is the most athletic big guy I've ever seen! He can catch anything, including a greased bowling ball behind his back! 

Next summer, @immamac  let's do some kind of contest and I'll bring a couple of Surly guys with me. 

Enjoy! 

NFL-6.jpg

NFL-5.jpg

NFL-4.jpg

NFL-2.jpg

Normal stuff. 

NFL-7.jpg

Swift

NFL-1.jpg

NFL-9.jpg

Okay.

NFL-10.jpg

TIL TreatyOak is about 5'7, cool job you have to meet all those athletes.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Looks like ESPN FPI is drinking the Kool Aid. 

A few seasons back ESPN FPI loved us because we were returning a lot of players. That’s not the case this year. This time due to the level of competition or something else in the equation?

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Enjoy! 

NFL-6.jpg

NFL-5.jpg

NFL-4.jpg

NFL-2.jpg

Normal stuff. 

NFL-7.jpg

Swift

NFL-1.jpg

NFL-9.jpg

Okay.

NFL-10.jpg

Thanks for the invite, dick. I was literally 200 yards away playing some ball at Westlakes baseball facility 

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Looks like ESPN FPI is drinking the Kool Aid. 

Over 50 percent odds to beat everyone except Bama. 

ULM - 98.9 %

Bama 24.7 %

UTSA 92.4 %

Tech 75.9 % 

WVU 88.5 %

OU 55.4 %

ISU 79.4 %

OSU 53.1 %

KSU 74.4 %

TCU 83.4 %

KU 93.6 %

Baylor 73.4 %

“You see I got this cup over here, and I’m offering you a sip”

38AEAF06-E2FE-4B53-A1BB-D10188E71B4B.thumb.png.3212fdd625c3e058cbea691049578348.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

Thanks for the invite, dick. I was literally 200 yards away playing some ball at Westlakes baseball facility 

I thought that was you. 

Seriously, next time will, for sure, reach out to you.

And props for playing baseball in this insane heat.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

https://bamahammer.com/2022/07/10/alabama-football-tide-blowout-cruise-prevail/

One writer's forecast for Alabama this year. 

Hide contents

Spoiler alert:

He picks them to go 12-0 but doesn't seem to want to say much about the Texas game. 

Maybe he thinks we are so insignificant that he doesnt want to waste the ink. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic