2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This Bama game is going to be a prime opportunity for "Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole In Alabama's Ass" treatise, and you all are going to fucking deserve it.

Look at that S Car Go...

We're getting close.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Everyone is writing the Bama game off as a major blowout. This Bama game is going to be a prime opportunity for "Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole In Alabama's Ass" treatise, and you all are going to fucking deserve it.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Then if they win out from there he'll call him Six Loss Steve 

Well, no, because if you include the bowl game, that would put them at 7-6 on the season and then you have ... wait for it ...Seven Win Steve! We're full circle back to what UW fans nicknamed him in the first place. Wouldn't that be awesome?! So awesome. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I was just speaking to Sark having to balance fan expectations, NIL bigwigs who helped get QE here, player expectations, and, ultimately, what is best for the team.  I guess I'm saying there's a lot of extraneous aspects to the decision.

My hope and expectation is that Sark does not give one whit of a second thinking on fan expectations,NIL bigwigs, or any of that crap. I want him to KNOW who to start, and start him no matter who says anything about it. Like Sark or not, he is who we have guiding the ship so he has no choice but to be right.......and God help us all.....

Hell, Davy Crockett said...."make sure you are right and then go ahead"....maybe this is like when St. DKR was facing 4th and 3 with his legacy and a National title on the line going for a cursed forward pass!

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, no, because if you include the bowl game, that would put them at 7-6 on the season and then you have ... wait for it ...Seven Win Steve! We're full circle back to what UW fans nicknamed him in the first place. Wouldn't that be awesome?! So awesome. 

fuck my life fml GIF

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Everyone is writing the Bama game off as a major blowout. The game is at home. Texas has elite offensive talent and an elite offensive playcaller. They're not spending the offseason working up an approach to Louisiana Monroe. Bama basically sucked on the road last year. 

This Bama game is going to be a prime opportunity for "Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole In Alabama's Ass" treatise, and you all are going to fucking deserve it.

Please don’t make a call similar to the LSU call. I agree on elite skill talent on offense. I just don’t think Texas will be ready for that challenge in September.  The one thing Texas has going for them is they have nothing to lose. It will be one of the few games that Texas kids play with 0 expectations. Not looking forward to seeing arguably the best pair of edge rushers in the nation vs the Texas OTs. Banks will have to grow up real quick 

37 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

My hope and expectation is that Sark does not give one whit of a second thinking on fan expectations,NIL bigwigs, or any of that crap. I want him to KNOW who to start, and start him no matter who says anything about it. Like Sark or not, he is who we have guiding the ship so he has no choice but to be right.......and God help us all.....

Hell, Davy Crockett said...."make sure you are right and then go ahead"....maybe this is like when St. DKR was facing 4th and 3 with his legacy and a National title on the line going for a cursed forward pass!

It’s not happening. The deep ball killed Sark last year. That might be Quinn’s best asset. It’s just a marriage made in heaven. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Please don’t make a call similar to the LSU call. I agree on elite skill talent on offense. I just don’t think Texas will be ready for that challenge in September.  The one thing Texas has going for them is they have nothing to lose. It will be one of the few games that Texas kids play with 0 expectations. Not looking forward to seeing arguably the best pair of edge rushers in the nation vs the Texas OTs. Banks will have to grow up real quick 

LSU call? Did I do one for that game? Awesome, if so. I remember doing the first one for Stanford in 2000. I've had people blaming me for that loss for two decades. If you take them seriously, that's kind of on you. The real fun is when another fanbase loses its shit and takes it seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Card isn’t beginning the season as starter. It’s Quinn’s job already. Last years fiasco all but ensures this. 

Sark picked Card last year based on practice reps. Live action revealed that he had made the incorrect decision, and he made the switch to Casey. He’s not going to do that again……..He simply can’t. You cannot be a QB guru and developer and not be able to choose the best QB on your own team to run your offense. 

The quickest way for Sarks seat to get hot is to choose the wrong starter 2 years in a row, and have the 2nd stringer  come in and remain there. It essentially portrays incompetence at selecting the best QB 2 years in a row. Sarks hand is forced here….. Quinn starts

• Hook 'Em 3

Hudson card will start, our recruiting after signing the #1 overall player is in the shitter already, PK will be fired by game 4, our practice reps are being used to negative recruit us….mother fucker this has been a doozy of a couple days of really shitty takes. I haven’t been around for decades so maybe it’s always this regarded lol, but it can’t get much worse right? Right guys? Lol 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Clarification

lol yeah Quinn Ewers definitely left Ohio State, where he had a huge NIL deal and would have been the heir apparent to CJ Stroud after this year, essentially guaranteeing himself as the #1 pick after a year or two of lighting it up with a mega-talented offense at Ohio State... without any guarantees of PT at Texas.

Okay.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Apparently tomorrow is the one media availability of the year for coordinators. Banks, Flood and PK will all meet with the media.

Yeah Joe Cook confirmed this as well.  Sark speaks at 12:30pm on Tuesday -- hopefully LHN has live coverage...

22 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Hudson card will start, our recruiting after signing the #1 overall player is in the shitter already, PK will be fired by game 4, our practice reps are being used to negative recruit us….mother fucker this has been a doozy of a couple days. I haven’t been around for decades so maybe it’s always this regarded lol, but it can’t get much worse right? Right guys? Lol 

When did you become such a pussy? Sarcasm I hope.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 1

Won't even go into the Card side of the ledger because it's a known quantity. As for Ewers: competed and exceled at highest level of TX HSFB as an underclassman, generational arm talent, one of three QBs with perfect composite rating, exudes confidence, "gunslinger" reputation (see point re confidence), strong pocket presence. By first kickoff, will have 3 camps at the NCAA level under his belt, plus hands-on coaching by Sark, et. al. this summer to help further accelerate his familiarity with our system.
Even if he's slightly behind Card on playbook/system, it shouldn't be by much. Ewers is the textbook "high ceiling" play in all other categories. This year is pivotal for Sark and has to know he has to swing for the fences beginning the starting pitch (i.e., Week 1) in general, and on the offensive side specifically given known deficiencies on the other.
And haven't even mentioned the backdrop of how Quinn got to UT in the first place. If there's even a modicum of truth to the Double Eagle NIL war and resulting package, given that and all of the above, I don't see any way Card starts a game this year (absent colossal QE faceplant, or injury). 

With any luck, he’s got the grail already
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, immamac said:

But what if they win and then lose 6 in a row again? 

Or get up by 24 in the first FUCKING QUARTER or half then blow it like they did against blowU

FUCK

Also, Ewers starts. The best thing to get him settled in and settled down will be starting as soon as he wins the position in the first scrimmage. I don't think we want his first meaningful snaps to be against Bama taking over for Card in the first quarter after the second pick 6...

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

When did you become such a pussy? Sarcasm I hope.

Hahaha yeah I worded it wrong apparently. Those were all the insane posts I have seen lately. We have witnessed some meltdowns but here lately it seems like people are fabricating them out of thin air lol. I think we are light years from where we were headed and I’m ready for the Quinn Ewers era to begin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

There's a rumor that starting Alabama TE Cameron Latu injured his meniscus and will miss the Texas game. Bama boards are supposedly deleting posts about it until they can confirm it / get the greenlight to report it 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/alabama-sports/bama-football-tidings/84619102/page-747/

This was passed to me yesterday to fact check for y’all. Our guys either are really good liars or the health and admin part of the Bama machine didn’t know yet. Interested to see if it is valid. 

13 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I probably have a different perspective than most of you... which is that in my four years as an undergrad at Texas, Saint Darrell led the Longhorns to either 1st or 2nd in the polls, every year... I think we had 40 Ws, 3 Ls, and a tie over that period. I got to see us pound the two best QBs we faced - Namath and Staubach. 

In our history, we have played Bama ten times. The no-backup-QB loss manufactured by FUPMack, was the ONE and ONLY time Bama has ever beaten us. And even that one was down to three points with only a few minutes to go, after Coach Boom shut the Tide down the entire seccond half. Desperation plays by us at the end resulted in two Bama TDs to make the final look like a mini-blowout.

For me - if not for almost all of y'all yellow-belly chicken fuckers - there is a chance, a definite possibility, that we can prevail and emerge victorious. I am not willing to forgo consideration of that possible outcome, but if you are, then fuck you. Hard. In the ass. With a razor-blade covered dildo.

ron burgundy GIF

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I probably have a different perspective than most of you... which is that in my four years as an undergrad at Texas, Saint Darrell led the Longhorns to either 1st or 2nd in the polls, every year... I think we had 40 Ws, 3 Ls, and a tie over that period. I got to see us pound the two best QBs we faced - Namath and Staubach. 

In our history, we have played Bama ten times. The no-backup-QB loss manufactured by FUPMack, was the ONE and ONLY time Bama has ever beaten us. And even that one was down to three points with only a few minutes to go, after Coach Boom shut the Tide down the entire seccond half. Desperation plays by us at the end resulted in two Bama TDs to make the final look like a mini-blowout.

For me - if not for almost all of y'all yellow-belly chicken fuckers - there is a chance, a definite possibility, that we can prevail and emerge victorious. I am not willing to forgo consideration of that possible outcome, but if you are, then fuck you. Hard. In the ass. With a razor-blade covered dildo.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

1906 was only our 5th year of football. We beat A&M that season 24-0. A&M beat Bama last year. I'm convinced...we're winning the Bama game. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

There's a rumor that starting Alabama TE Cameron Latu injured his meniscus and will miss the Texas game. Bama boards are supposedly deleting posts about it until they can confirm it / get the greenlight to report it 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/alabama-sports/bama-football-tidings/84619102/page-747/

@Elmer_Fudd posted about this a couple days ago:

Screenshot_20220731-145619_Chrome.jpg

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

LSU call? Did I do one for that game? Awesome, if so. I remember doing the first one for Stanford in 2000. I've had people blaming me for that loss for two decades. If you take them seriously, that's kind of on you. The real fun is when another fanbase loses its shit and takes it seriously. 

I've been blaming you for NOT doing them for the last decade...

Tell you what, if you can put up a mudhole post that guarantees we lose to Bama by 6 TDs, but win all the other games, I'll fight everybody who gives you shit about it...

I'm here for the bigger picture.

• Haha 1