2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The dude said to the media in a public interview that T'Vondre Sweat was selfish and wasn't bought in last year. I know as fans we eat that stuff up and love to hear about change, but he shouldn't be saying stuff like that to our media which is known to feast on click-bait and false headlines.

I mean I read it a bit differently, stating the guy has grown and he hopes he continues to do so.

image.png.d4851c3192a524b8b0204d9b8535d84c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Read through the Q&A and honestly I don't see anything he said being hurtful. He stated some guys need to step up. I hope they use it as motivation. Ojomo is very well spoken and thoughtful with his responses imo.

I think the best barometer to judge players comments in the media is "does Surly  like it"?  If yes, coach will not.

Just now, MoJames said:

I mean I read it a bit differently, stating the guy has grown and he hopes he continues to do so.

As you saw today, AAS and Anwar don't post full quotes. If you say talk for 2 minutes, they are going to take the quote that gets the most interactions or attention and that will be the one that is tweeted out.

Sark himself pretty much said today that he has to make sure the players are careful about what they say to our media. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

As you saw today, AAS and Anwar don't post full quotes. If you say talk for 2 minutes, they are going to take the quote that gets the most interactions or attention and that will be the one that is tweeted out.

Sark himself pretty much said today that he has to make sure the players are careful about what they say to our media. 

Our media and whoever is in charge of their credentials should re-evaluate and revoke some of them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

- we always whip Kansas the year after they scare/beat us (I don’t really know that but maybe).

Texas is 3-2 in its last five vs Kansas with only one win by more than a TD. No one on this roster has a career point differential of more than +8 vs Jayhawks.

It’s a more competitive series than OU. Put some respek on that name.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 5

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Think you just started it.  🤔

Saw it mentioned that "violating team rules" was the reason for suspension.  Also forgot that Jaylon decommitted from Texas last July...

I mean- if you followed that recruitment at all and didn't come away with the impression that anything we happen to get from him is an unexpected bonus and he will probably never contribute meaningfully here  then I don't know what to tell you.  

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Read through the Q&A and honestly I don't see anything he said being hurtful. He stated some guys need to step up. I hope they use it as motivation. Ojomo is very well spoken and thoughtful with his responses imo.

Yeah its a shame we won't be hearing from him anymore.. senior leadership and all that.  His interview after one of the close losses last year was really mature for someone his age, not sure which loss we had so many.  Hopefully the accountability he demands is still being shouted on the inside by him and coaching staff. 

13 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Basically said Sweat has been a selfish player the last few years and said "that is a problem w/ guys at this institution". Again its probably true, but you dont want a player putting that out there. No need to suspend Ojomo or anything it is not that big of a deal, but you need to be careful what you say to the media. They are trying to get you to say something that they can blow out of proportion. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

Yeah its a shame we won't be hearing from him anymore.. senior leadership and all that.  His interview after one of the close losses last year was really mature for someone his age, not sure which loss we had so many.  Hopefully the accountability he demands is still being shouted on the inside by him and coaching staff. 

Yeah, pretty sure Moro's intentions were good...

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Because he had multiple previous commitments?

That and I believe the IT guys have dropped a few comments. I forgot what it was, but something like  will he have the patience if he doesnt play early

Edited by Codaxx

6 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Sounds a lot better than the one quote all the 9.95ers are using

All the bitching about how he handled it and yet Sark literally hit the nail on the head. He’s using this as a teachable moment for the team. You know…what coaches do.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Didn’t that hillbilly DT from Arkansas have an appendectomy and was in the lineup against us just a couple weeks later? Seems to be something you can bounce back from quickly.

For the pigs beating UT is the only thing they live for so not the same thing as a player missing two weeks if Spring Camp so not comparable.  

Texas is 3-2 in its last five vs Kansas with only one win by more than a TD. No one on this roster has a career point differential of more than +8 vs Jayhawks.

Yeah, not surprising.

Sark and Strong may have lost to Kansas, but Mack and Tom got bailed out by late QB heroics to win too. Case McCoy did what Beuchele couldn’t. And well Sam had the ball last whereas Casey did not. Those too showed flaws in where we are/were as a program. All within the past 10 years. Strong blew them out once. Herman won in less than impressive fashion once. I don’t even remember the rest.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

taylor-armstrong-cat-yelling-meme.jpg?it

44 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I went down to 6 wins after the Sark/Ojomo tweet and then back up to 10 wins after watching Ewers make two practice throws.  Situation is very fluid.

13 wins when I saw we were running a 2 QB / 2 Ball offense...  All-Go-Go-No-Brakes.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

As always, the full quotes paint a little different story than 1 or 2 quotes that the AAS and Anwar try to get clicks off of.

honestly that quote is even worse TBH. The fact that these guys are discouraged from actually talking to the media is extremely evident and is probably part of the culture problem.

The guys should feel like they can say anything they want to the media, it's up to the coaches to be comfortable with what they have to say not being putting teammates who fucking start on blast. Bench that mother fucker if he isn't taking it seriously, you are winning 5 fucking games not the god damned national championship, stop acting like it's some elite football team with world beaters at every position. There's a bunch of JAGs on this fucking team that get treated like superstars, that's the fucking problem. Losing to kansas with a 3rd string QB and missing a fucking bowl game. GTFO with your "don't tell the media about stuff" Sark you pussy ass bitch. He basically let the media know that they won't tell the truth and all the player interviews are effectively worthless, because the first interview that was actually good in fucking forever was too mean to players who sounded like they needed to get their shit together? I mean come the fuck on. 

After the Arkansas game I thought Sark was just figuring out how to get through a loss, and now I have realized that he's just a fucking loser - he didn't learn anything from Saban about building a culture of excellence. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

The dude said to the media in a public interview that T'Vondre Sweat was selfish and wasn't bought in last year. I know as fans we eat that stuff up and love to hear about change, but he shouldn't be saying stuff like that to our media which is known to feast on click-bait and false headlines.

Don't trigger/taze me, bro. 

FCB-Tower.gif 

• Hook 'Em 3

Ojomo got caught up in the moment and he said a bunch of shit to the media he shouldnt have. I think Sark made it pretty clear Ojomo doesnt have the standing with the team to play that role. He's one rung above a JAG. Why some of you want a guy like that calling teammates out to the media is beyond me. 

That being said, I dont really see how Sark giving that answer helps the situation at all. It clearly caused some issues internally, why add fuel to the fire by giving the fuckfaces in the media more fodder? Shitshow, but what else can we expect from this program? 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

honestly that quote is even worse TBH. The fact that these guys are discouraged from actually talking to the media is extremely evident and is probably part of the culture problem.

The guys should feel like they can say anything they want to the media, 

Saban doesn't let his players say shit to the media...  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Barbacoa said:

Why some of you want a guy like that calling teammates out to the media is beyond me. 

1.) He is likely right. 

2.) We just had a 5-win season and have 2 recent losses to Kansas. I'm fine with players karate kicking each other to the point of hospitalizations if it leads us to, finally, beating Iowa State. 

• Haha 1

Literally the #1 goal for a player or coach when speaking to the Texas media should be not get drawn offsides by the bullshit Brian Davis, Anwar, Chip and Kirk try to ask.

I couldn’t care less what is said in a press conference from anyone and it means absolutely nothing. We have “won” press conferences for a decade straight now and have jack shit to show for it.

It’s funny to see the same people in this thread who for the past month claim they don’t believe shit from a practice report or press conference and continually say “SHOW ME ON THE FIELD”  now try to draw all these conclusions after a 15 minute media availability. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic