2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

Spoiler

Obviously the coaches were ecstatic with the commitment of Arch Manning but it resonated in the locker room as well. I think many were taken aback with how much coverage the commitment received.

From the players perspective, I think Sark’s ability to add Manning to the fold increased overall trust, and they already had a lot of trust in him.

— Fridays are the toughest conditioning day of the week and this past Friday was the team’s best effort, despite it being the most difficult workout of the summer.

— The first phase of summer has ended and they’ll enter the second phase, basically workouts change and become more difficult starting on Monday.

— The June freshman arrivals will begin lifting with everyone else this week.

— The staff is continuing its approach of classroom work before having the players take what they just learned to the field for 7 on 7 work, or O-line/D-line drills.

— 7 on 7 has been real competitive. People marveled this week as Brenen Thompson effortlessly put a defensive back in the blender, then sprinted off. “Easy speed.”

— Though the wide receivers have put up better testing numbers, the competition is still about 50/50 on the field between them and the defensive backs.

— There’s said to be good IQ in the back end with Anthony Cook and Jerrin Thompson. But don’t sleep on Kitan Crawford supplanting one of them.

— Jaydon Blue is one we keep pretty close tabs on. He’s a little inconsistent with his effort level but when he’s on, he’s special. The speed shows up, even sometimes in conditioning.

— The staff is preaching versatility to guys. There’s a lot of cross-training going, whether it’s guys working at guard or center, defensive line or defensive end (Jaray Bledsoe will play end in August), or safeties playing both field and boundary.

— Players are literally engaged with doing something with the team and/or school from 6am-6pm M-F.

— Sources love Cam Williams. He looks like a block of granite that moves as well as any other O-lineman.

Not a ton on team, but we had two pretty good midweek posts already and I didn’t want to leave you hanging any longer on part 3.

Humidor 3/3

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, PapiShark said:
  Hide contents

Obviously the coaches were ecstatic with the commitment of Arch Manning but it resonated in the locker room as well. I think many were taken aback with how much coverage the commitment received.

From the players perspective, I think Sark’s ability to add Manning to the fold increased overall trust, and they already had a lot of trust in him.

— Fridays are the toughest conditioning day of the week and this past Friday was the team’s best effort, despite it being the most difficult workout of the summer.

— The first phase of summer has ended and they’ll enter the second phase, basically workouts change and become more difficult starting on Monday.

— The June freshman arrivals will begin lifting with everyone else this week.

— The staff is continuing its approach of classroom work before having the players take what they just learned to the field for 7 on 7 work, or O-line/D-line drills.

— 7 on 7 has been real competitive. People marveled this week as Brenen Thompson effortlessly put a defensive back in the blender, then sprinted off. “Easy speed.”

— Though the wide receivers have put up better testing numbers, the competition is still about 50/50 on the field between them and the defensive backs.

— There’s said to be good IQ in the back end with Anthony Cook and Jerrin Thompson. But don’t sleep on Kitan Crawford supplanting one of them.

— Jaydon Blue is one we keep pretty close tabs on. He’s a little inconsistent with his effort level but when he’s on, he’s special. The speed shows up, even sometimes in conditioning.

— The staff is preaching versatility to guys. There’s a lot of cross-training going, whether it’s guys working at guard or center, defensive line or defensive end (Jaray Bledsoe will play end in August), or safeties playing both field and boundary.

— Players are literally engaged with doing something with the team and/or school from 6am-6pm M-F.

— Sources love Cam Williams. He looks like a block of granite that moves as well as any other O-lineman.

Not a ton on team, but we had two pretty good midweek posts already and I didn’t want to leave you hanging any longer on part 3.

Humidor 3/3

The Cam Williams “news” makes me very happy. I was pretty high on him. Hope he continues to shine in pads. Funny to say about a guy that large, but I was more worried about his run blocking technique than pass pro

Edited by Codaxx

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yikes. That kid couldn’t do 10 50 yard winds without passing out or requiring oxygen.

Considering what he looked like his Sr year, he actually looks damn good. It is tough to make 340-350 lbs look chiseled, but as long as he can move, he is going to be good. 

Also, holy shit Burke. Becton has a project on his hands there, but if he can keep his flexibility and bend as he gains weight he could be something. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Nivek said:

So are we going to win or what?

You can tell by the mood around here that we are, in the stage of the triangle, ready to be hurt again lol. All the recruiting highs and promising reports about the staff having their shit together finally. I’ve been a trust the corches, sunshine pumper this whole time so I sure as fuck hope we win, and win a lot hahaha. I’m like a beaten spouse though, I’ll never quit you. LOL

Mrw GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

You can tell by the mood around here that we are, in the stage of the triangle, ready to be hurt again lol. All the recruiting highs and promising reports about the staff having their shit together finally. I’ve been a trust the corches, sunshine pumper this whole time so I sure as fuck hope we win, and win a lot hahaha. I’m like a beaten spouse though, I’ll never quit you. LOL

Mrw GIF

It is very strange since the staff has seemed to notice that they cannot coach up no-linemen who tackle air.  

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

It is very strange since the staff has seemed to notice that they cannot coach up no-linemen who tackle air.  

It may take a couple of weeks into the season, but when it starts to click for Banks, Campbell, Williams, and Hutson, this is going to look like a different football team. We will have an honest 2 deep with real competition and upgrades along the line. 

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It may take a couple of weeks into the season, but when it starts to click for Banks, Campbell, Williams, and Hutson, this is going to look like a different football team. We will have an honest 2 deep with real competition and upgrades along the line. 

It's going to be fascinating to see where the OL is in the second half of the season. Add these players to those four names: Angilou, Conner, Majors, Jones, Karic. 

I would guess this in the first game or two: Banks-Angilou-Majors-Conner-Jones. After that, I have no idea. 

37 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

All I am looking for as a fan is improvement.  I don't care if it takes 1 game or 8 games.  They just need to stop losing 5 v 2 and 5 v 3.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

All I am looking for as a fan is improvement.  I don't care if it takes 1 game or 8 games.  They just need to stop losing 5 v 2 and 5 v 3.  

I can't even believe anybody wants to talk about the offense at all, is where I'm at. I mean, we do have football players on offense, and football coaches there also, so we can talk about that.

But my primary attitude after last year remains "our defensive roster is a raging tire fire making its own weather in a dumpster floating down a third-world sewer during a hurricane, and the entire defensive staff consists of either ignorant grifters or brain-damaged footbaw dipshits."

I just try not to say that out loud. Of course the first 3-and-out from Alabama's Offense (if that even happens I mean fuck, wait, where was I) and I'll be spacer.png

• Haha 2

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic