2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

LB recruiting and portal has been as bad as OL portal. Safety is concerning.

They will surely add another LB and/or safety before fall camp.

Cook and Thomson at safety is still better than what we trotted out last year. Coffey and Allen have some potential as well. Agree though that it might be nice to add another safety and push Thompson to compete at nickel with Barron.

Just now, OB3 said:

Maybe once they get through spring and realize Jones or Karic aren’t good tackles then they’ll look in the portal?

Whether people agree with it or not, I think the thought was they wanted to dangle the playing time carrot in front of Banks, Neto, Campbell and Williams. Taking a portal OT back in December probably means they don't get all of those guys. Maybe since they all already signed they can backdoor a portal OL onto the roster, but I'd be interested to know what the conversations were like on those in-home visits when discussing the depth chart/early playing time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Whether people agree with it or not, I think the thought was they wanted to dangle the playing time carrot in front of Banks, Neto, Campbell and Williams. Taking a portal OT back in December probably means they don't get all of those guys. Maybe since they all already signed they can backdoor a portal OL onto the roster, but I'd be interested to know what the conversations were like on those in-home visits when discussing the depth chart/early playing time. 

I think the situation is changed. I wonder what would have happened if Texas didnt sign Hutson and Robertson early. If you ask me I am taking Devon Campbell over any portal player. That is happily acknowledging that I dont think Campbell in year 1 will be great (not that a portal player is a lock to be good either). 

Edited by Codaxx

I can't believe some of you clowns are still whining and moaning about the empty seats in the SEZ at kick-off, and our worried about the perception of how our fans might look. Nevermind the fact that the football program has been a national laughingstock for well over a decade, is regularly prolapsed by fucking Kansas, and the product generally has sucked so fucking hard that professional fluffers like Orange & White blush. But yes, lets focus on how embarrassing the empty seats in the SEZ look at kick-off, as opposed to the empty seats in the rest of the stadium, as opposed to the limp dick product that Texas football has put on the field for 12 years now. Jesus, it's a miracle that enough boosters were willing to cut checks to get our facilities out the the mid 1990s considering the ROI on Longhorn fandom these days. But yes, fuck them for not showing up on time like half the rest of the stadium and deigning to sit in the A/C for awhile because of their contribution. 

Fucking football board. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
wrong fluffer
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I can't believe some of you little clowns are still whining and moaning about the empty seats in the SEZ at kick-off, and our worried about the perception of how our fans might look. Nevermind the fact that the football program has been a national laughingstock for well over a decade, is regularly prolapsed by fucking Kansas, and the product generally has sucked so fucking hard that professional fluffers like Burnt Orange & White blush. But yes, lets focus on how embarrassing the empty seats in the SEZ look at kick-off, as opposed to the empty seats in the rest of the stadium, as opposed to the limp dick product that Texas football has put on the field for 12 years now. Jesus, it's a miracle that enough boosters were willing to cut checks to get our facilities out the the mid 1990s considering the ROI on Longhorn fandom these days. But yes, fuck them for not showing up on time like half the rest of the stadium and deigning to sit in the A/C for awhile with their contribution. 

Fucking football board. 

calmer_than_you_are.gif

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think the situation is changed. I wonder what would have happened if Texas didnt sign Hutson and Robertson early. If you ask me I am taking Devon Campbell over any portal player. That is happily acknowledging that I dont think Campbell in year 1 will be great (not that a portal player is a lock to be good either). 

Maybe they could have squeezed out one of the HS OL for a portal guy, but like you said there aren't many portal lineman I'd take over Banks or Campbell. They are 1st round NFL draft picks in 3 years if they maximize and I know starting freshman OL isn't ideal, but I'll take my lumps with those guys. This OL room is also so thin after the way Hand screwed us over his last few years that the only we can build it back up to where it needs to be is through HS recruiting and development. I don't disagree that a one year portal OT might have been nice if the right one presented itself, but if you do that you are likely losing Karic or Jones to the portal and then you're back to square one from a depth standpoint and likely not signing all of Banks, Campbell, Neto and Williams.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't believe some of you clowns are still whining and moaning about the empty seats in the SEZ at kick-off, and our worried about the perception of how our fans might look. Nevermind the fact that the football program has been a national laughingstock for well over a decade, is regularly prolapsed by fucking Kansas, and the product generally has sucked so fucking hard that professional fluffers like Burnt Orange & White blush. But yes, lets focus on how embarrassing the empty seats in the SEZ look at kick-off, as opposed to the empty seats in the rest of the stadium, as opposed to the limp dick product that Texas football has put on the field for 12 years now. Jesus, it's a miracle that enough boosters were willing to cut checks to get our facilities out the the mid 1990s considering the ROI on Longhorn fandom these days. But yes, fuck them for not showing up on time like half the rest of the stadium and deigning to sit in the A/C for awhile with their contribution. 

Fucking football board. 

So you wrote that whole paragraph just to admit you're just the same as everyone else on the football board. Thanks for the words but who cares?

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So you wrote that whole paragraph just to admit you're just the same as everyone else on the football board. Thanks for the words but who cares?

It's Surly, so "who cares" is usually always a somewhat valid post, I guess. I'm sure you're quite familiar with that sentiment. But I was simply responding because I was summoned here.  Also, ,"writing a whole paragraph" isn't exactly some massive effort for me, it takes about 1 minute for most sem-literate people. But I'm sorry reading it was so arduous for you. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 5

IMO, there’s 0 chance that Quinn Ewers isn’t our starting QB next year.  Doesn’t matter what happens this spring, summer or fall. 

You’re going to tell me that Sark, coming off a disappointing first year, isn’t going to start the highest rated QB prospect, that is also a native Texan, since the savior of Texas Football won a title?  The thing is it doesn’t have shit to do with skill of Quinn vs Card.  It’s a perception thing.  That’s why it’s as hard as it is to win here.  You have all the shit in the world you could need to be successful (money, recruiting network, great city) but Sark has to win with right perception. That’s always been a thing at Texas.  Mack hit the best co-existence of this line for 10 years that I’ve seen in my time on earth (which I know is not as long as some of you).  He shook hands, kissed babies, made everyone important feel important and beat the shit outta everyone but OU with Texas born and bred kids.  

On paper, it should be a true open competition with the best guy available, but to me, unless Sark lands Arch(which is an anomaly solely based off his name), his legacy at Texas was tied to that golden mullet the second Quinn hit the portal and how well he plays in his time in Austin.  Whether or not it’s fair is besides the point. 

Edited by BurntOrangeBlooded15
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You know, it occurs to me that you might be irritated that I referenced you in my post. That's my fault. Despite using your handle, I was actually thinking of Orange & White, the guy with the blue and white avatar. For that, my apologies, I'm going to edit my original post. I haven't been on here much lately and I've got a lot going on, so I'm not exactly on top of my shitty poster game. I would characterize you as many things, but not a professional fluffer. My bad. 

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Yikes.

I saw the OL set-up and spontaneously vomited. 

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Let’s see how young Card can do vs utsa while younger Quinn ramps up

Texas opens against La Monroe. I'm trying to figure out why you're cheering for Card to play ahead of Ewers in the 3rd game of the season when you're going to win or lose $1000 based on who is taking the first snap against La Monroe in game 1. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

a wild Jaylen Garth appeared!

Is this a Pokemon Go reference? Seems like it. Awesome, if so. I forgot that Jaylen Garth was on UT's roster. Christ we're fucked at OL without the incoming talent.

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

at least we'll see @closetojumping and @SydneyCarton sitting in their seats, bickering

Laugh Laughing GIF

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't believe some of you clowns are still whining and moaning about the empty seats in the SEZ at kick-off, and our worried about the perception of how our fans might look. Nevermind the fact that the football program has been a national laughingstock for well over a decade, is regularly prolapsed by fucking Kansas, and the product generally has sucked so fucking hard that professional fluffers like Orange & White blush. But yes, lets focus on how embarrassing the empty seats in the SEZ look at kick-off, as opposed to the empty seats in the rest of the stadium, as opposed to the limp dick product that Texas football has put on the field for 12 years now. Jesus, it's a miracle that enough boosters were willing to cut checks to get our facilities out the the mid 1990s considering the ROI on Longhorn fandom these days. But yes, fuck them for not showing up on time like half the rest of the stadium and deigning to sit in the A/C for awhile because of their contribution. 

Fucking football board. 

Amen, brother. I had forgotten about that dipshit @Orange&White since he's been on my ignore for years, but yeah, professional fluffer probably pegs him perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

wait a min so y’all are telling me we have a sucky roster, we’re not beating Bama, not beating Oklahoma, we’re going to OT with Kansas (pray to God we win) not making the big 12 championship or the playoffs!?!?? 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

We might actually be good next season 

46 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They can't risk another season similar to last.

100% correct.

Last season, it looked to me like Sark and PK both completely failed to understand that they were expected to win at least 8 games. They seemed much more concerned about "instilling their culture" than winning the game they were actually playing at any given time. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You know, it occurs to me that you might be irritated that I referenced you in my post. That's my fault. Despite using your handle, I was actually thinking of Orange & White, the guy with the blue and white avatar. For that, my apologies, I'm going to edit my original post. I haven't been on here much lately and I've got a lot going on, so I'm not exactly on top of my shitty poster game. I would characterize you as many things, but not a professional fluffer. My bad. 

I accept your apology, if anything I'm anti fluffer. The last 12 years of the program have me so jaded it's difficult to be positive at all.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Also:  

Lol Laughing GIF

All of you hopeless fuckers trying talk up Hudson Card again are out of your fucking minds. That bitch melted like a bag of Hershey's Kisses tucked into @Wulaw Horn's sex tent. There is no additional context needed for who he is as a QB after witnessing his buttfuckery for an entire season.

If you guys think Texas is going into the 2022 season with one of the highest rated recruits of all-time sitting on the bench while they give snaps to a guy that they cannot rely on or trust, then you've had too much to drink this early in the day and it's time for a nap.

May the best man win!!!! Rather that’s Card or Ewers 

I just want to win idc who it is 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

All of you hopeless fuckers trying talk up Hudson Card again are out of your fucking minds. That bitch melted like a bag of Hershey's Kisses tucked into @Wulaw Horn's sex tent. There is no additional context needed for who he is as a QB after witnessing his buttfuckery for an entire season.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

giphy.gif

Here for all the koolaid. Show me a fucking loss

Okaaaaayyy - They're losing to Bama at home on 9/10. Brent Venables will probably dickstomp us in the Cotton Bowl on 10/8. Matt Campbell will outcoach Seven Loss Steve in Austin on 10/15 and then Mike Gundy will post a "kick me" sticker on Sarkisian's back in Stillwater the following week while that whole town points and laughs at the UT program on 10/22. Dave Aranda will let Baylor rape us at home on 11/26 to close out a typical Seven Win Steve kind of season, hurtling us towards a Poulan Weedeater Bowl invite with a 7-5 record. 

Why did you make me do that? Grim.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also:  

If you guys think Texas is going into the 2022 season with one of the highest rated recruits of all-time sitting on the bench while they give snaps to a guy that they cannot rely on or trust, then you've had too much to drink this early in the day and it's time for a nap.

How can Sark give snaps to a guy who isn't on the fall roster? Maybe you are talking about the spring game.

Edited by Bevo

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Okaaaaayyy - They're losing to Bama at home on 9/10. Brent Venables will probably dickstomp us in the Cotton Bowl on 10/8. Matt Campbell will outcoach Seven Loss Steve in Austin on 10/15 and then Mike Gundy will post a "kick me" sticker on Sarkisian's back in Stillwater the following week while that whole town points and laughs at the UT program on 10/22. Dave Aranda will let Baylor rape us at home on 11/26 to close out a typical Seven Win Steve kind of season, hurtling us towards a Poulan Weedeater Bowl invite with a 7-5 record. 

I hate everything about what you are choosing to be right now.  

I mean, that sounds imminently plausible (dare I say, while sobbing to myself likely) but I'm going to choose to close my eyes and believe that Ewers will be the best QB since Colt, we know X and Bijan fuck, the WR transfer from Wyoming (cringing typing that part of the sentence) and the TE transfer that lived in Saban's doghouse will make us a rolling ball of butcher knives on offense that scores 45-50 on the reg, while fat Gare helps bring just enough defensive competence that we average giving up 35 a game. That could be a recipe for a 10-2 season.  Everyone else other than Alabama sucks.  It is known.  We should win convincingly.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well there goes my fucking Tuesday boner. Shit bro 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah but other than those. 

Un duh feet it

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I hate everything about what you are choosing to be right now.  

I mean, that sounds imminently plausible (dare I say, while sobbing to myself likely) but I'm going to choose to close my eyes and believe that Ewers will be the best QB since Colt, we know X and Bijan fuck, the WR transfer from Wyoming (cringing typing that part of the sentence) and the TE transfer that lived in Saban's doghouse will make us a rolling ball of butcher knives on offense that scores 45-50 on the reg, while fat Gare helps bring just enough defensive competence that we average giving up 35 a game. That could be a recipe for a 10-2 season.  Everyone else other than Alabama sucks.  It is known.  We should win convincingly.  

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Well there goes my fucking Tuesday boner. Shit bro 

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

Yeah but other than those. 

Un duh feet it

If I'm being totally honest, I just wanted to fuck with this thread in response to Hulk's post. I won't be surprised by a 10-2 season in which Texas plays for the conference title any more than I will be another 5-7 season in which Sarkisian is dropped off just outside the city limits with nothing more than his hobo bag to keep him company while he ambles forward elsewhere.

I think the guy is utterly incompetent and overrated, but I'm wrong a lot and would love to be shown new ways in which I accomplish being publicly stupid as Seven Loss Steve finds his footing.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Why do you have a sex tent? Also, what is a sex tent?

I mean, why wouldn't you have a sex tent?  It works in any situation.  But, long story short after my 10 year old walked in on my wife and I in the middle of sex in our RV on July 4th in Gettysburg PA the wife went into the walmart we were boondocking at for the night, bought a tent, and erected that at every camp site we were at for the rest of the year for the express purpose of having sex in the tent instead of the RV.  People seemed to enjoy the story. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, why wouldn't you have a sex tent?  It works in any situation.  But, long story short after my 10 year old walked in on my wife and I in the middle of sex in our RV on July 4th in Gettysburg PA the wife went into the walmart we were boondocking at for the night, bought a tent, and erected that at every camp site we were at for the rest of the year for the express purpose of having sex in the tent instead of the RV.  People seemed to enjoy the story. 

Appreciate and Enjoy are not the same thing, sir.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean haven't we all been there...having to explain to a confused and disoriented child, now hiding in their closet, that you were helping mommy take her medicine or stretch out her cramping leg .

naked

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

not going after grad transfer OL is very concerning and a mistake IMO....at least short term.

They can't risk another season similar to last.

LB recruiting and portal has been as bad as OL portal. Safety is concerning.

They have 5 more blue chip OL hitting campus in June plus Hutson on campus  now, that second team OL will be the third team when fall camp starts. It also wouldnt surprise me to see a starter out of the freshman group.

Just now, Vertigo said:

They have 5 more blue chip OL hitting campus in June plus Hutson on campus  now, that second team OL will be the third team when fall camp starts. It also wouldnt surprise me to see a starter out of the freshman group.

Yea, but what about the other 4 spots?

• immamac changed the title to 2022 Spring Practice: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Shitwater)
  • BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic