2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

20 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I am too depressed about our o-line to go full offseason optimistic psycho, so I am channeling all of my irrational optimism into Ja’Tavion Sanders and what will surely be a first team All American season.

Nothing but vinegar water with salt for me, until after Texas/OU.  No. Cool-Aid. At. All. 

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, Texas is going to blow ULM out by 8 touchdowns, 77-21. At some point during the game, people are going to have to start averting their eyes so as to not witness all of the carnage. 

The coaching staff at ULM tells you everything you need to know about their prospects on the year.

-Terry Bowden is their head coach. Dude is now 66 years old.

-He has two corpses that he and his players will position in booth and call "coordinators", Weekend At Bernie's-style shit.

-One is some dude named Kubik, the OC. I don't think he has a wikipedia page, but he does have a shit ton of dead, but not deleted, About Us coaching staff pages for places like SFA, Southern Miss, and, wait for it, ULM, where he spent 4 years previously before the now glorious return that awaits for him the 2022 season.

-The other guy, the DC, is Vic Koenning. That poor bastard hasn't coached in the sport in more than 2 seasons. He was run out of Morgantown, or, as resident ShakaSmart fart-huffer @MotownHorn calls it, "Motown", for allegations around player abuse. He was later exonerated of said allegations by an independent board, but too late, they'd already canceled the man. What should have gotten him canceled was going 5-29 at Wyoming and then meandering ineffectively around the college football landscape for the next 20 years.

But I am sure all of the 2 star Warhawk talent will persevere in spite of mediocre coaching and put up at least 21 points against Pete Kwiatkowski's feckless efforts to post a defense at Texas.

so... we'll win?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

4 pages in and you self loathing pussies are already unbearable. Not even worth coming in here to read the fanfic practice reports.  I’ll stick to watching the vids on Twitter

why are you the way you are? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

At least in the Mack Brown era, when we were 9-3 or 10-2 most years, you could huff the spring practice report glue and convince yourself that maybe, just maybe, this was our year.  But 90% of this board “thinks they know” how the Sark regime would go the second he was hired. So every day from now until he is inevitably let go in a few years just feels like we are biding time.  There's just not much to root for.  Maybe OU will slide back and be as mediocre as us.  

Of the two people that we know went after, we got the better one.
You can pretend that past results are the only indicator of future success and you can pretend that you even know what leads to successful seasons across the country. Without that, how do you even know what you’re looking at?

At the very least, we have a guy who provides a competitive advantage with his offense. Does it overcome his potential management shortcomings? We will see, but it’s too early to reasonably write him off considering the shit that was on the roster last year. 

Sucks to lose to Kansas and the other games the way we did, but they weren’t futilities like the first Strong season. This season will show what he can do with time to evaluate and adjust his roster a bit. 8-10 wins is the expectation, with 9 being the baseline for a successful season.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Does it bother you at all you've spent your entire life saying a common phrase incorrectly? Or am I the only one that cares anymore?

You may not be the only one,  but you are for sure in the minority. 

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If you guys think Texas is going into the 2022 season with one of the highest rated recruits of all-time sitting on the bench while they give snaps to a guy that they cannot rely on or trust, then you've had too much to drink this early in the day and it's time for a nap.

I mean, my concern is that I do think it's a possibility. Regardless of how much I've already had to drink this morning. 

But it should be obvious to everyone that if we suck with Ewers, we can blame it on either the shit OL we already have, the new "all freshman" shit OL (necessitated by the shit OL we already have), QE being a freshman(ish), the defense sucking shit through a straw, etc. At least there's something to sell there. If we suck with Card, then there's nothing to sell because we all knew he sucked. It should be obvious. But again, this is our concern, dude.

I think the point is, either way, we're probably going to suck. 

I think we learn a lot from last year - we are going to suck for the foreseeable future (2 more seasons at least)

The question really is can the for sure suck that we are going to see be overpowered by explosive plays. Our Defense is going to be trash without something major happening on the DL and LB play this season.

Texas can pull out a weird win against Alabama, but they won't look equally matched. It will be a battle of bending (and probably breaking) on defense and doing absolutely nothing except explosive plays on offense. 

I'm not excited about anything in Spring Practice, it's just sark and the hype train from the University, we know what most of the players are capable of and that isn't going to cut it when it comes to being elite outside of some offensive skill positions.

I will say I'm excited that we finally get to see other TE play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think we learn a lot from last year - we are going to suck for the foreseeable future (2 more seasons at least)

The question really is can the for sure suck that we are going to see be overpowered by explosive plays. Our Defense is going to be trash without something major happening on the DL and LB play this season.

Hey, if we can go from Texas Tech under Kingsbury bad to Texas Tech under Mike Leach bad in two seasons, I can live with that.  

44 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I mean, my concern is that I do think it's a possibility. Regardless of how much I've already had to drink this morning. 

But it should be obvious to everyone that if we suck with Ewers, we can blame it on either the shit OL we already have, the new "all freshman" shit OL (necessitated by the shit OL we already have), QE being a freshman(ish), the defense sucking shit through a straw, etc. At least there's something to sell there. If we suck with Card, then there's nothing to sell because we all knew he sucked. It should be obvious. But again, this is our concern, dude.

I think the point is, either way, we're probably going to suck. 

Yea, I went through the Card cut up that Ian Boyd was mentioning in his defense of Card. There wasn't much there to inspire confidence. He needs to improve pocket presence, ball security, ball placement on throws, timing on progressions, deep ball accuracy, and probably other things. That's before even mentioning the glaring lack of confidence and presence to inspire it in others.

Not sure this competition will be close when you consider that last aspect of it. It could drag out like it did last year to avoid Card from transferring before the season.

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yea, I went through the Card cut up that Ian Boyd was mentioning in his defense of Card. There wasn't much there to inspire confidence. He needs to improve pocket presence, ball security, ball placement on throws, timing on progressions, deep ball accuracy, and probably other things. That's before even mentioning the glaring lack of confidence and presence to inspire it in others.

Not sure this competition will be close when you consider that last aspect of it. It could drag out like it did last year to avoid Card from transferring before the season.

this is pretty much the crux of the Card situation. The kid has all the physical skills required to be a great QB. You just cant have a starter at that position, that will simply turtle up and shuts it down. I know he is young, but this wasnt the common young QB making stupid decision they are typically prone to thing. Worst part is you can never really know if he is has overcome it, until he is in a pressure situation and things go wrong. Not like you can let your QBs get the shit kicked out of them in the off-season to find out.  

2 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

The same guys who believed Letters to Penthouse and The Playboy Advisor were letters written by actual readers/subscribers.

They published my story, and I never thought that would happen to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

this is pretty much the crux of the Card situation. The kid has all the physical skills required to be a great QB. You just cant have a starter at that position, that will simply turtle up and shuts it down. I know he is young, but this wasnt the common young QB making stupid decision they are typically prone to thing. Worst part is you can never really know if he is has overcome it, until he is in a pressure situation and things go wrong. Not like you can let your QBs get the shit kicked out of them in the off-season to find out.  

Au contraire, mon frère.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

What, you want a guy who is already maxed out?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Sucks to lose to Kansas and the other games the way we did, but they weren’t futilities like the first Strong season. This season will show what he can do with time to evaluate and adjust his roster a bit. 8-10 wins is the expectation, with 9 being the baseline for a successful season.

I see how you mention Kansas but then try mention that last years futility was not the same as Stong's. Sark past results and this prior year's result checks off all the boxes that indicate to us that we have a shit show coming our way that at best will be like Mackovic. God forbid you become a manger and believe you can change longtime mediocre performer into excellent performer. The best thing you can say is that it is to early to give up on hope and you hope Sark is one of the few anomalies in the business.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Until we can convince those fat tubs of goo on the D Line (looking at you Coburn and Sweat) that it is more important to drive an o lineman through the QBs facemask than it is to slam a crate of Oreos, we will see more of the same.

Chocolate on my fingers, icing on my lips

Sugar diabetes, I got blubber on my hips

I leave the light on  in the kitchen, so I can go downstairs and cruise

I got them Oreo Creme Sandwich, chocolate-covered, cream filled cookie blooze...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Texas can pull out a weird win against Alabama, but they won't look equally matched. It will be a battle of bending (and probably breaking) on defense and doing absolutely nothing except explosive plays on offense. 

I'm not excited about anything in Spring Practice, it's just sark and the hype train from the University, we know what most of the players are capable of and that isn't going to cut it when it comes to being elite outside of some offensive skill positions.

I will say I'm excited that we finally get to see other TE play. 

having a hard time imagining a record that includes an alabama win and still classifies as sucking. 

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

Of the two people that we know went after, we got the better one.
You can pretend that past results are the only indicator of future success and you can pretend that you even know what leads to successful seasons across the country. Without that, how do you even know what you’re looking at?

At the very least, we have a guy who provides a competitive advantage with his offense. Does it overcome his potential management shortcomings? We will see, but it’s too early to reasonably write him off considering the shit that was on the roster last year. 

cool - keep us posted.  

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I see how you mention Kansas but then try mention that last years futility was not the same as Stong's. Sark past results and this prior year's result checks off all the boxes that indicate to us that we have a shit show coming our way that at best will be like Mackovic. God forbid you become a manger and believe you can change longtime mediocre performer into excellent performer. The best thing you can say is that it is to early to give up on hope and you hope Sark is one of the few anomalies in the business.

Sark went from coaching QBs at El Camino College to head coach at Washington in 9 years.  He was 33 when he took that job.  That's a meteoric rise to become a Division 1 coach. They went from going 0-12 the year before he took over to 10 wins the year he left.  That's a good job for a team that has never been a blueblood. 

USC was a shit show, but he was fired in the middle of his second season because of his drinking, and he's done every reasonable thing a person can do to rehabilitate himself from that.  His track record as a head coach is at best incomplete. 

I don't know whether he can build a dynasty, but he's a helluva lot better than that asshole we hired from U of H, his offense is miles ahead, and his coaches are much better recruiters.  I don't know what your profession is, but I don't know that I'd want to work for you with a take like that based on the fact that he couldn't turn Washington into Alabama in 5 years after Whittington ran it into the ground.      

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

Sark went from coaching QBs at El Camino College to head coach at Washington in 9 years.  He was 33 when he took that job.  That's a meteoric rise to become a Division 1 coach. They went from going 0-12 the year before he took over to 10 wins the year he left.  That's a good job for a team that has never been a blueblood. 

USC was a shit show, but he was fired in the middle of his second season because of his drinking, and he's done every reasonable thing a person can do to rehabilitate himself from that.  His track record as a head coach is at best incomplete. 

I don't know whether he can build a dynasty, but he's a helluva lot better than that asshole we hired from U of H, his offense is miles ahead, and his coaches are much better recruiters.  I don't know what your profession is, but I don't know that I'd want to work for you with a take like that based on the fact that he couldn't turn Washington into Alabama in 5 years after Whittington ran it into the ground.      

I can guarantee Tom Herman wins more games and goes to a bowl game last year. There is 0 chance that doesn't happen, he uses casey and hudson as battering rams just like he did Sam and his offense isn't terrible. The defense would at worst been just as good, but they knew ash's scheme and it fit the personnel much better. 

I'm not stanning for Turtle fucking Tom, but he didn't get fired because he was a shitty coach on the field, sure it was frustrating to watch them play games closer than they should have been, but he never lost to fucking Kansas. Not even once. 

Sark is on a short leash this year - if there isn't immediate and drastic improvement from the get-go (meaning against alabama) then Seven win Steve will be just that...

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Replace could with will.  They will not name Ewers the starter until fall camp in August (probably half way through) b/c Card is the only guy that isn't total trash on the roster at the QB position.  Like- think run the wildcat with Roschon as a better option than any QB other than Ewers bad if card goes.  So, yeah, the public pronouncement will drag out.  

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I can guarantee Tom Herman wins more games and goes to a bowl game last year. There is 0 chance that doesn't happen, he uses casey and hudson as battering rams just like he did Sam and his offense isn't terrible. The defense would at worst been just as good, but they knew ash's scheme and it fit the personnel much better. 

I'm not stanning for Turtle fucking Tom, but he didn't get fired because he was a shitty coach on the field, sure it was frustrating to watch them play games closer than they should have been, but he never lost to fucking Kansas. Not even once. 

Sark is on a short leash this year - if there isn't immediate and drastic improvement from the get-go (meaning against alabama) then Seven win Steve will be just that...

Dont see that. I thought PK inherited a bad situation and made it worse, but no fucking way the defense would not have taken a step back. I am guessing its maybe 7 wins with Tom. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

So what are you expecting Texas to do against #1 Bama??

Horns starting a Freshman QB, with suspect OL, and defense with problems at DE and LB...

My guess is Bama wins by 17-20pts

Sark won't have to play the public perception games he played last offseason at the QB position because he doesn't have a helicopter dad breathing down his neck spoon-feeding Chip Brown every bit of information.

You'll notice that whenever it comes time to name a QB, he won't pull the "but the backup will play with the 1's" that he had to pull last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

If you don’t have hope as a fan, then why even waste your time? No matter what nicknames random fans give him, he’s done well enough to convince a few high level institutions to trust him.
His offense is what I generally place my hope in, and I hope enough structure is built around him to allow it to thrive here.

• Hook 'Em 2

Let's not forget that when turtle Tom was fired on January 2nd, he had shown no indication that he was going to attack the portal with any type of aggressiveness, recruiting was in the shitter, we probably sign the 30th ranked class in 2022. He played Jett Bush and Reese Leitao at defensive end in the Alamo Bowl and showed no urgency in upgrading the roster. I can't even imagine how the QB competition would have played out with him at the helm having to deal with Charles Thompson. We don't get Worthy, Jake Smith transfers as he did anyway and Marcus Washington is out the door as well as Herman had pissed him off. Would have loved to have seen what his plan was at receiver. Maybe he brings in another Tarik Black who didn't show up to one class while he was at UT and was academically ineligible by December. 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

Drastic improvement is what, 8-4?  I don't think he needs to hit 8 wins to be given a third year.  He wins less than that and he's going to need a new DC, but I think the only way he gets fired is if he puts up another 5-7.  

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Let's not forget that when turtle Tom was fired on January 2nd, he had shown no indication that he was going to attack the portal with any type of aggressiveness, recruiting was in the shitter, we probably sign the 30th ranked class in 2022. He played Jett Bush and Reese Leitao at defensive end in the Alamo Bowl and showed no urgency in upgrading the roster. I can't even imagine how the QB competition would have played out with him at the helm having to deal with Charles Thompson. We don't get Worthy, Jake Smith transfers as he did anyway and Marcus Washington is out the door as well as Herman had pissed him off. Would have loved to have seen what his plan was at receiver. Maybe he brings in another Tarik Black who didn't show up to one class while he was at UT and was academically ineligible by December. 

dont forget there is no X with Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to 2022 Spring Practice: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Shitwater)
  • BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic